Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: [Submods Compilation] Europa Barbarorum Release v7.0 Released

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Default Re: [Submods Compilation] Europa Barbarorum Release v4.21 for EB 2.01 by b0Gia.

Quote Originally Posted by Kin Of Europe View Post
    Me too, I'm liking the new loading screens alot aswell, has 4.21 got the most upto date QS EDU?
    Updated EDU with all the "unofficial" fixes integrated and many other changes (latest update of 9-3 included in this patch)
    Yes, thats why 4.21 released.
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Default Re: [Submods Compilation] Europa Barbarorum Release v4.21 for EB 2.01 by b0Gia.

It's working very well so far! (also removed hardcore and those pesky villages instead of watchtowers -- great removal options +rep)

90 downloads in 2 days, wow new record. Thanks guys.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Default Re: [Submods Compilation] Europa Barbarorum Release v4.2 for EB 2.01 by b0Gia.

Quote Originally Posted by abe_squall View Post
    Another thing I found disturbing was rebel cities (even villages!!) being protected by full stacks garrisons. Also, the rebels are really aggresive, they sieged my cities in more than one occasion.
    Rebels getting more active isn't a bad thing at all, as far as I'm concerned.

Default Re: [Submods Compilation] Europa Barbarorum Release v4.2 for EB 2.01 by b0Gia.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Rebels getting more active isn't a bad thing at all, as far as I'm concerned.
    +1

Remember rebels aren't rebels per se, they are small independant factions. They did have big armies at the time and were looking to raid/expand themselves.

I have played three campaigns after installing this mod and the results were always the same: enormous and unbeatable Arche Seleukeia followed by far (but also unbeatable) by Sweboz. I mean, AS with 20 full stacks around the map, 5-6 commanders with 10 stars, and a very solid economy (second after the bugged small factions such as Numidia or Saka Rauka). The three campaigns played on Hard/Very hard and using Koinon Hellenon, Carthage and Ptolemaioi respectively. I abandoned all campaigns after 150+ turns.

I have some questions...
    1) Does the IA factions pay upkeep for their armies, or just the human player?
    Because I modified the recruitment and upkeep costs for every unit (MOSTLY cavalry, with an upkeep of 400+ per turn, horses are not a bargain!). This means having 20-30 settlements with minimum garrison and after developing all the economic buildings, I don't have enough money to maintain more than two full stack armies. No way I can beat the Seleukids with that; when I move one full stack to Seleukid territory, the move three full stacks to stop me, with two 10-star generals.
    2) What changes does the submod include regarding economy?
    Because AS tipically collapse within 80 turns playing regular EBII, but after the mod it is unbeatable. I think the better traits submod can affect the ability of the governors fighting squalor and corruption, but is not enough to justify such an overpowered faction.
    3) Any solution to avoid spawn of armies and armies and armies regarding small factions but also bigger factions such as AS or Sweboz?
    I love my high upkeep system, not allowing me to recruit more than two full stacks at the time, but when you have to fight 5-8 full stacks to beat a faction with only one settlement...that's not fun.
    I checked the forum and thinked on two solutions, but I didn't checked if it works yet...Reducing the replenishment rate and deleting/minimizing the King's purse and economic aid (+10000 every turn for factions in the red? I will change that to +2000/+5000 depending of the real faction power).
    4) Playing lower difficulties can affect the points stated above?
    I want difficult yet reasonable battles. Fighting three stacks vs one is impossible (at least to me...). I love the ReallybadAI and watch the IA flanking me, attacking with kind of sense and the chain of command delay; I don't know if changing to M/M difficulty I would lose that.
    I also want active diplomacy and factions attacking themselves, allying and all the stuff...maybe I am asking for too much.

Quote Originally Posted by abe_squall View Post
    I have played three campaigns after installing this mod and the results were always the same: enormous and unbeatable Arche Seleukeia followed by far (but also unbeatable) by Sweboz. I mean, AS with 20 full stacks around the map, 5-6 commanders with 10 stars, and a very solid economy (second after the bugged small factions such as Numidia or Saka Rauka). The three campaigns played on Hard/Very hard and using Koinon Hellenon, Carthage and Ptolemaioi respectively. I abandoned all campaigns after 150+ turns.

I have some questions...
    1) Does the IA factions pay upkeep for their armies, or just the human player?
    Because I modified the recruitment and upkeep costs for every unit (MOSTLY cavalry, with an upkeep of 400+ per turn, horses are not a bargain!). This means having 20-30 settlements with minimum garrison and after developing all the economic buildings, I don't have enough money to maintain more than two full stack armies. No way I can beat the Seleukids with that; when I move one full stack to Seleukid territory, the move three full stacks to stop me, with two 10-star generals.
    2) What changes does the submod include regarding economy?
    Because AS tipically collapse within 80 turns playing regular EBII, but after the mod it is unbeatable. I think the better traits submod can affect the ability of the governors fighting squalor and corruption, but is not enough to justify such an overpowered faction.
    3) Any solution to avoid spawn of armies and armies and armies regarding small factions but also bigger factions such as AS or Sweboz?
    I love my high upkeep system, not allowing me to recruit more than two full stacks at the time, but when you have to fight 5-8 full stacks to beat a faction with only one settlement...that's not fun.
    I checked the forum and thinked on two solutions, but I didn't checked if it works yet...Reducing the replenishment rate and deleting/minimizing the King's purse and economic aid (+10000 every turn for factions in the red? I will change that to +2000/+5000 depending of the real faction power).
    4) Playing lower difficulties can affect the points stated above?
    I want difficult yet reasonable battles. Fighting three stacks vs one is impossible (at least to me...). I love the ReallybadAI and watch the IA flanking me, attacking with kind of sense and the chain of command delay; I don't know if changing to M/M difficulty I would lose that.
    I also want active diplomacy and factions attacking themselves, allying and all the stuff...maybe I am asking for too much.
    Wow, thanks for feedback, i will investigate your points.

Now to answer your questions:
    1) The AI pay for upkeep just like you. Also you have the same chances to get 10 stars generals like AI, you need to do battles.
    2) There are some superpowers in game, Romas, Seleucids, Carthaginians and Ptolemaioi. These factions are mole likely to survive and dominate the map. Just to let you know , you can't beat them easily with a minor faction. The sweboz aren't really superpower and usually expand due to a not really enemy. You feel now Alexander the great and his achievment to conquer Persians,indians etc. Fighting 1-3, 1-5, even 1-10.
    3) Spawn of armies is an original EB 2 issue i am try to fight. I will see what to do. Maybe i will rebalance king purse etc.
    4) Playing in lower difficulties i think will just lower the bonnuses ai takes. About chain of command and germanicu5 hardcore will stay unlles you remove it with the request fix in first page. For your last point you should install the ai i recomend. Maybe i should add it to compilation. Thanks again for the feedback. Give again after the next version i will release.

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

The AI economy is borked in EBII. This is really something for the team to address asap, and shouldn't fall to this submod to fix it. However, if there were some adjustments you could make, I think many of us would appreciate it.

Just watch any single city faction crank out stack after stack and you can tell -- Pergamon will sometimes have 3 full stacks at one time where the player would be able to afford 1/2 in that same predicament. I've seen Pahlava have 2 cities, be fighting the Saka on the east end, with 3 full stacks just sitting on my border with them on the west. Two factors, 1. kings purse/cheat money 2. Stack spam (just because a faction has money, doesn't mean it should be able to spam so many armies). Both factors need some addressing.

To abe_squall, I don't recommend playing any TW game on Hard/Very hard. That's an old conceit we all had in the Rome 1 days and I remember you weren't a man if you played the game any less than that. However, all you're doing is giving the AI ridiculous and UNREALISTIC bonuses. A great game should be balanced on M/M to be challenging, and not rely on fake hidden bonuses to the AI.

This is best illustrated in ETW where it's easy to compare the line infantry of the time. IN ETW, if you play on the equivalent of Hard, or worse, Very Hard (just talking the battle setting here) a unit of professional, drilled line infantry will be outshot in accuracy, reload speed, and thus kills by ragged conscripts who don't even have shoes. Then your expensive line troops will be beaten in a melee by these same paupers, whose charge and ensuing viscous close quarters combat will decimate your unit, which will also break first from morale shock. This is not what any sane person looks for in a historical war game. The mod A Proper Empire, for example, balanced their work entirely around the N/N settings (or M/M for other titles). The result is a game where the shoddy units like Russian conscripts will sometimes break under heavy artillery fire before even firing a shot, and other times will heroically fight off an assault from superior infantry if they were afforded some advantage in timing or terrain, but at realistically high loses. There's no magic, hidden bonuses. This is what every TW mod should be.

PS.
    I play 90% of the time on Hard/Medium (or normal). 10% of the time, if playing a tiny faction, I lower the campaign difficulty so its Medium/medium (or normal/normal). You will still get your butt kicked in A Proper Empire playing any small faction that way. EB II too, but as we've discussed, the AI is getting absurd campaign bonuses that make this too cheaty.

Default Re: [Submods Compilation] Europa Barbarorum Release v5 for EB 2.01 by b0Gia.

Download please the new version and give feedback. I rebalanced some values and added new CAI.

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: [Submods Compilation] Europa Barbarorum Release v5 for EB 2.01 by b0Gia.

When i am starting the game with Seleucids and i am opening the Antiocheia recruitment tab, i start to review the traits of Antiochos and it kicks me out (medieval II has encountered an unspecified error and it will now close). Sorry i have not checked my log and now i don't have this submod included. I checked it twice.Maybe the problem is not about the traits, maybe it's about the units which are on the recruitment tab of Antiocheia.

If you have this bug and you don't have my modpack post this to support thread

Ι don't have it with vanilla EB 2.01 .

You play EB 2.0?

I played EB 2.0 and EB 2.01. I did not encounter this bug in those versions. I did not play your mod before.

So to understand you are playing EB 2.01 now, you are using my modpack and you encountered this bug? Can you upload any log?

I encountered this bug when using your modpack with EB 2.01, yes. I can't post the log coz I unistalled it (and now i am on a different PC). Vanilla EB 2.01 did not have this bug.

sorry double post

Ok i will investigate it.

Everythings works brilliantly besides the optional sound mod, maybe vegetation no real way to know. I get a few spear clashes here and there and the voices but apart from that its mute, i assume it is not supposed to be like that and so its kinda ruining the experience so far.

"I may not like what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Voltaire(1694–1778)

Quote Originally Posted by Martin N View Post
    Everythings works brilliantly besides the optional sound mod, maybe vegetation no real way to know. I get a few spear clashes here and there and the voices but apart from that its mute, i assume it is not supposed to be like that and so its kinda ruining the experience so far.
    Sound mod isn't working perfect? Apart from this all the others are ok?