Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WARHAMMER FANTASY RC

Default Re: WARHAMMER FANTASY RC

Hi, i've discovered this submod and immediately added it, since i use of RC in a lotta mods (Stainless, Third Age...) and really like it. Especially enjoyed the toughness of black orks, who were fastly slaughtered by empire halberdmen in base CoW.

Then, do you think stacks need to be balanced to follow these changes?
    "They make a desert, and call it peace" - Caledonian chieftain Calgacos' personal opinion about Pax Romana

Iīm confused about this mod, I really like the idea and I download all the files, triying the logics till it work but i dont really know if its working! XD There is a "easy" way to test if all is correct and RC is working?

Vette's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Archesel View Post
    Hi, i've discovered this submod and immediately added it, since i use of RC in a lotta mods (Stainless, Third Age...) and really like it. Especially enjoyed the toughness of black orks, who were fastly slaughtered by empire halberdmen in base CoW.

Then, do you think stacks need to be balanced to follow these changes?
    Yes totaly DE comes to mind.I will be recompositioning stacks for 1.6,or in some other way compensating spawned stacks.

@Belthainne hmm well you can go to your Sega/mods/RoDG/data and open dscr_unit file.Then compare the stats of first unit in the file with the first unit in downloaded file and if they match and your game is runing well its working.

Okay okay, itīs working xDD And Itīs a great work so far, as i saw in custom battles the weapon and armors now makes the difference and i have to think again the composition of my armies. But I have a little thinking to share to make feedback. Okay its great the new power of vampires, chaos and elite units but the campaing could be very unfair no? I mean, the orcs and chaos spawns thousand of elite units for free everywhere and usually I cant stand Archaon even in my better games because itīs too much. With this rebalance in a normal campaing would be great but when AI uses Trolls,Ogres and Chosen knights everywhere.... perhaps I dont know how to play XD but is my reflexion.
    Pd: Still a great job there, really cool this new vision of the game, you have planned to do this script on stainless? could be great.

Domesticus

Hello!

It was decided to expand the campaign map and add other factions?

Quote Originally Posted by Vette View Post
    Yes totaly DE comes to mind.I will be recompositioning stacks for 1.6,or in some other way compensating spawned stacks.
    You're right man! I've modified my script, the changes are:

- DE and HE spams begin at turns 21 - 25

- Imperial provinces random spams (Beastmen, Night goblins and Orcs) are reduced to 1 stack instead of 2 for all spawings occuring before turn 40.

- Storm of Chaos, Waagh and Vardek Crom armies, then Empire and Kislev armies spawned to defend against have 1-2 stacks removed (this doesn't really matters thought...)

- Several Dwarves, Chaos Dwarves spawns are reduced to 1 instead of 2.

Using it along WFRC, i'll give you some feedback as i progress into the campaign (currently starting with Ostermark)
    "They make a desert, and call it peace" - Caledonian chieftain Calgacos' personal opinion about Pax Romana

Dwarves seem particularly powerful in this submod. Saw them steamrolling on several parts of the map.

Vette's Avatar Civis

Gonna make one last update before 1.6 comes.

Charge bonus will recive a buff based on weapon and tier.This will make charge much more important in both offensive and defensive way.While it will be a weapon you can use against enemy elite units,it will hurt you as well if your units gets charged by enemy...
    Going to adjust morale for some units.
    Orcs and skeletons will recive 25 more "men" per unit
    Max armor improvement from towns will be restriced to 1 for all units capable of upgreading armor.
    Weapon power for 2handed and dualwield will increase to 16.
    Gonna make defense bonus from armor and shields scale based on tier and quality of the units not just weapon power as it is now.
    Going to make distinction between defensive and offensive units.They will recive defensive or offensive bonuses depending on their weapon and/or off hand.Unit will have to have either training or skill to get this bonus tho.This bonus will be added apart from weapon power.
    Chaos Warriors,Knights and Chosen will be treated as superior units.Thier numbers will drop but they will be more lore frendly.
    Going to add recruitment costs and upkeap reflecting WFRC.
    And finaly gonna fix errors in EDU and hopefuly not make new ones...

Empire core is still to strong imo and promotes lazy play.So I plan to remove short_pike completly for low quality units and replace it with light_spear for units that are of higher tier and poses a certain lvl of training.Tho I am not sure about this yet...

Think I will be finishing this quite soonish.

Quick question, if I don't have the Mercs submod, which one of these files should I download? Is there an original file that I would have to patch? Sorry, just need some clarification, really want to try this mod out.

Vette's Avatar Civis

Warhammer Fantasy RC patch.rar is the one you need to download then.

Have fun!

Vette's Avatar Civis

Final update before 1.6.

Increased the charge value for all weapons.Reason being I wanted more devastating charges like in the lore.Also wanted to create awareness of being charged by enemy.At a same time wanted to promote more active gameplay,flanking and charging.Even tier1 units will suffer if charged from the back.

I wanted to increase the occurrance of unit breaking in battles,to be more lore frendly.Planed to do that with lower more numbers,but no matter how many adjustments and time in general I was not making any progress .New charge increases do help some but not as much as I wanted.Thing I want to achive when massive line charge with huge amount of casulties is partial or even full army routing.I am getting few units to run and only on few ocasions I got larger portion of army routing.If someone understands morale in Kingdoms well plz help!

Increased the number of basic Orcs and Skeletons.To make it harder for Empire,because now all units can upgreade only 1 bonus armor.These upgreades will be much more significant,specialy for the Empire.

Chaos warriors and Chosen are now superior quality to improve performance against Elves and Dwarves.

Changed the upkeap for all units to better reflect the effectivness of the new stats,tiers and qualities.

Here is the updeated WFRC Txt:Warhammer Fantasy RC.txt

Fixed all the errors in EDU,thx to DeathtoEgo!

Final version before CoW 1.6,Kahvis Mercs and normal:WFRC K Mercs 3.3 Recruitment final version.rarWFRC Recruitment final version.rar
    Last edited by Vette; June 23, 2015 at 02:37 PM.

Some feedback: Dwarves appear to be extremely powerful. With their units getting tougher in this submod, they easily become one of the most powerful factions. They have a lot of regions so they can field large armies with very powerful units. In my orc campaign, i'm always defending my cities from dwarvish sieges, with high losses levels as even a small number of them can face and rout entire ork units. This is a bit confusing from the lore point of view, seeing dwarves being so agressive.

Maybe armies spams under player control, on empire regions, could solve this and make orcs the "green threat" they're expected to be?

Vette's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Archesel View Post
    Some feedback: Dwarves appear to be extremely powerful. With their units getting tougher in this submod, they easily become one of the most powerful factions. They have a lot of regions so they can field large armies with very powerful units. In my orc campaign, i'm always defending my cities from dwarvish sieges, with high losses levels as even a small number of them can face and rout entire ork units. This is a bit confusing from the lore point of view, seeing dwarves being so agressive.

Maybe armies spams under player control, on empire regions, could solve this and make orcs the "green threat" they're expected to be?
    Dwarves along side Chaos Undivided,High and Drak Elves are the most powerful faction in my mod.I think I did good job with Dwarves making them a heavy slow moving grinding machine.They are almost unbeatable if fought from the front only weakness being charge into back.Dwarves are capable of outgrinding any faction in melee,only Nurgle might give them some trouble.

I never intended to make it imposible to play as Orcs tho.I hate Orcs true,but I did buff them and removed armor bonuses from Empire and Dwarven units.Also with new charge bonuses their boar riders are far better.Black Orcs to being among best units in the game,they are ridiculously strong and tough,specialy on charge!
    I never played as Orcs so idk what is going wrong but they "on paper" have units capable of smashing elite Dwarven armies.Yes they cant compare in melee with Dwarven armie but with anvil formed of cheap Orcs and hammer comprized of boar cavalry and Black Orcs they should be able to smash the Dwarves.

I would like to avoid "giving" player free troops if posible.maybe adding few extra buildings,gold or better units at start would help?Again I dont play them so I dont know what is the problem,but I would like to fix this for all people playing as Orcs,you should be able to ravage in all directions with orcs.
    If you think of some other solution insted of "free" troops let me know,if there is nothing else well I will just give them "free" troops I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Vette View Post
    If you think of some other solution insted of "free" troops let me know,if there is nothing else well I will just give them "free" troops I guess...
    I know it's not easy to mod the CAI, if no mistake, some parts are hardcoded. The real problem, IMO, isn't some lack of might from the orcs, but the agressive dwarf behaviour. Chaos dwarves don't put any pressure on them, night goblins try but are always wiped (this one is logical and even lore-wise).

I don't have any knowledge in modding but i feel the game would be better for orks if dwarves keep their power BUT they just become more defensive, even turtling in their karaks instead of carrying large scale attacks on their evil neighbours: isn't Warhammer talking about "good, order" factions doing all they can to contain "evil, disorder" factions?

Vette's Avatar Civis

I agree with you 100% but I dont have knowlage of how to make them defensive.In start file they are fortified cesar I think but thats more of a production and building guide not armie behavior command so to say.I will try to find a way to make them defensive.
    Thx for feedback,as you said defensive and strong that would be lore accurate representation of the Dwarven faction.

Elianus's Avatar Ordinarius

I need some help. I made a clean install of RotDG+patch and fixes and then installed kavhi's mercs 3.3. After that I installed the first file you uploaded in post #51. CTD every time. What am I doing wrong?
    ''Πας μη Έλλην, βάρβαρος.''

Vette's Avatar Civis

I just tested first file on page #51 and it works.So I guess its something with the instalation process.You should ask Gigantus and provide your log,he will be able to tell you whats wrong.
    Incomplete instalations are almost common problem for RoDG,had same problem with my first instal.
    Sorry I cant be of much help .

Elianus's Avatar Ordinarius

Re-installed everything apart from your mod. Worked before installing kavhi's mod and then CTD so it that one's problem. Still puzzled though as I installed it on a clean base install.
    ''Πας μη Έλλην, βάρβαρος.''

So its turn 20 and the Dwarves are steamrolling the Orcs, in fact they have already taken Da Orc Settlement. They also have a big army parked right next to a city in which Grimgor resides, if he dies will the invasion be stopped? Will the Wagghh scripted armies be wasted on just trying to reclaim their homeland? I was hoping to fight off the green tide as Sylvania, now its looking like the Dwarves are gonna be the bigger threat.

Also maybe you should remove stakes from Empire Archers? Seems too easy when the enemy generals always kill themselves in sieges
    Last edited by Gigan; November 04, 2015 at 09:00 PM.

Vette's Avatar Civis

Invasion script does not need Grimor to be alive,but Orcs need to control at least 1 "town" for event to trigger.Invasion army will not spawn in the desert,they will spawn in BP and Avarland lands.Thus they will just fight Empire and BP,almost 100% sure they will not go back to the desert in order to "reclaim their lost towns".You will be able to fight Orcs if they manage to remain in control of at least 1 "town" till turn 63 I think.

I personaly cant imagine the posibility of them not having stakes hehe.Idk imo its more of a question of modifying AI rather then removing features just because AI is not good enough in certain situations.For example as you saw Dwarves are stronger when AI controled,then they should have been lore wise.They are just to aggressive and they have very strong spawned stacks.I would never "remove Dwarves" to fix them lore wise.Actualy I will do everything else to fix that instead,but this is just me...
    If you realy hate stakes you can remove them from EDU easily.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast