Thread: how to re pack a pak?

Default how to re pack a pak?

useing the unpacker for a UI pak, editing it and repacking it, how do i edit the test text to read all the contents of a directory (that now includes the edited UI) for packing rather than add them all in by hand?.

Default Re: how to re pack a pak?

@hanny
    i don't remember how to repack exactly... there is a readme file with info
    So maybe somebody else help ?

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

Ok lets try from another pov, what are the consequences of unpacking all the packs to their relavent directorys, editing them there and leaving them in place. Does it slow the game because more small folder have to be accessed rather than one pack file?, and would i notice the difference with a 256 graphics card which iirc is where the texture mem problem would be found.

As far as i know you can add a symbol to have all folders in a directory packed, i just cant find which symbol is used in vercingetorix unpacker/packer, but it may be that im worring over something that wont cause a problem. *.* which i assumed would do it, did not.

So when you add in a unit or edit a UI card, you just added it to the Ui folder rather than the Ui packs, is that correct?, so if you wanted to edit faction symbols on the FE interface you just add them in to the faction folder and the ones in the UI pack overide them, but becuae your new unit is not present in the packs there is nothing to override.

So it seems best to unpack everything, and remove the pack. edit to your hearts content, but then re packing im totaly at a loss, because it seems you have to manually do each file in each folder....
    Last edited by Hanny; October 30, 2006 at 04:27 AM.

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

Thanks for that, had not seen it before.

What im currently doing is have a Uipack text file with nothing in it, (ie after unpacking them) everything is unpacked and moved to its data/folder and left there for easy editing, since the pack file overides anything, but is empty, this seems to be the best solution, and ive stopped worrying about repacking as it does not seem necessary, unless as in your link i want to make sure others have exactly the same set up as mine so as to be sure the mod works as intended.