Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Joerock's Hotseat - Reboot

Gimli's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Joerock's Hotseat - Reboot

This is how the game-engine works, IT IS NOT A BUG. You agreed by joining this HS that Joerock has access to the admin password, so do not complain that he is being biased. I am honestly so fed up right now, going on 5 days of no progress.

Honestly, if it were me, I would've cancelled the build if I had known it would be captured or had a risk of being captured. If it gets you to take your bloody turn then give him the money.

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

I've lost patience with this. Cleared save sent to Gimli. You can believe me biased if you want, but in all honesty my response would have been the same to any player. If Rohan had asked me the same question, I would have given him the same answer. It's a function of the game engine, and it's easily avoidable. You cancel construction of a building if you don't want to lose the gold.

I did that very same thing earlier in the game. I had a tier 1 barracks under construction in East Osgiliath, but it looked like Mordor was about to take it so I cancelled construction. Very simple.

Alright

Well originally I was nervous on taking this because themzr left no obvious sign of what he was trying to do.
    Luckily I took two and two together and saw that themzr was trying to isolate/attack Thengel. One of his units was out of reach, but with some devious ways I was able to get all the units in and attack Thengal and again attack/kill him when he retreated into Gineard.

Big turn for Isengard. Rohan lost its faction leader and one of its top generals.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Chieftan you are up my friend!
    Attached Files Attached Files

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

WHAT THE JOE! YOU ARE RIDICULOUS AND IMPOSSIBLE AND GIMLI IS YOUR ACCOMPLICE...... I HAVE A RIGHT TO PLAY MY OWN TURN AND I'M SORRY THAT I DON'T ACCEPT BIASED DECISIONS BY PLAYERS WHO HOLD THE ADMIN PASSWORD

The fact of the matter was that I couldn't just "cancel construction" since fanghorn was a village genious....

Citizen

Go ahead and play your own turn. Nobody is stopping you from doing that. Chieftain probably won't play until tomorrow. But this hotseat has been held up long enough on an issue that quite frankly is just you not knowing the game mechanics.

I don't see how Fangorn being a village would stop you from cancelling construction of whatever you were building. If it wasn't completed, you can just click on it in the build queue and it goes away, and you get refunded some of the money. If it was already fully built, then you're SOL.

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by joerock22 View Post
    Go ahead and play your own turn. Nobody is stopping you from doing that. Chieftain probably won't play until tomorrow. But this hotseat has been held up long enough on an issue that quite frankly is just you not knowing the game mechanics.

I don't see how Fangorn being a village would stop you from cancelling construction of whatever you were building. If it wasn't completed, you can just click on it in the build queue and it goes away, and you get refunded some of the money. If it was already fully built, then you're SOL.
    its a bug genious. Its a fault in the game engine. According to your logic if it works in the game engine its legal, meaning anything could be a bug -_-. You are a biased PLAYER who is only trying to help you ally rohan. Rather than asking a reasonable third parties decision you take it upon yourself to met someone else sub me less than 24 hours after your decision.

http://www.filedropper.com/jr2ootmm9 Screens the same as gimli's
    Last edited by themzr; December 07, 2014 at 08:19 AM.

Citizen

If you want to contact all the players in this hotseat and poll them, be my guest. If the majority decide in your favor, I'll refund the money. I don't really care. Ask them to post their votes in the forum so we can all see them. But there was no way in hell that I was delaying this hotseat any further just to take the vote. Especially when all you seem to want to do is sit here and about me being biased.

The fact that the Mordor player agrees with me 100% should indicate to you that it isn't bias that drives my decision, but common sense.

There is no need to start flaming at us themzr, we were only trying to speed up this HS which you are purposely delaying. And I don't get what the big deal is, Fangorn is not a city, so the building probably wasn't that expensive.

As per rule, "Turns must be taken within 24 hours. If you cannot play your turn, please make arrangements for subbing", Joerock has every right to sub you. You agreed to by joining this HS, that Joerock be the backup admin, and seeing as Matto and everyone else are inactive, proved rather useful!

EDIT: Unless this HS rids itself of all this drama im withdrawing.
    Last edited by Gimli; December 07, 2014 at 01:40 PM.

Chieftain Khuzaymah's Avatar Domesticus

Guys there is no need for all the drama, please. Let's keep the hotseat fun and let the armies do the talking

If I have to give my opinion. I don't really know what happened, but I see some lines about cancelling buildings and refunding money. I don't think, as an ally of Isengard, anyone will call me biased if I take the admin's side here. Game engine sure has it's bugs, but not with refunding money in case of construction. In fact, there are things you should know about construction, which I also had to find out the hard way. You can start the construction of a building, but as soon as you end your turn and open your next turn, you will not be refunded the full cost of your construction, but only a certain percentage of that (which will also become less and less the longer you let this construction near it's completion). At least, this is what I found out the last time I tried to cancel a 4-5 turn construction building.

Also, Gimli, stating to withdraw from a hotseat will not solve any problems for anyone

---------

Prince Legolas decided to lay siege to Goblin Town. It seems he doesn't care much for the magical Elven Forests, or perhaps he did not see much credibility in the threat of the Orcs. Needless to say, the Orcs mourn for their losses in the Great Town of Goblins, but Moria is unleashed. The Army is assembled and the Chieftain is leading several thousands of Orcs towards Lothlorien. However the Chieftain's army is mighty, more and more Orcs arise from their caves in Moria every day.

Rhun up

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9T...ew?usp=sharing
    Last edited by Chieftain Khuzaymah; December 07, 2014 at 06:02 PM.
    Most Promising Youngblood TATW: Chieftain Khuzaymah

Citizen

Boromir sends a detachment of militia supported by Ithilien Rangers to defeat Grishnakh again. The demoralized orcs resist briefly, but soon break and flee. Meanwhile, Gondor's main army hopes to take advantage of the extra time gained by not chasing the orcs into the swamp...

Rohan up.

Edit - Khal Frodo hasn't been online in almost 3 weeks. I am therefore seeking a permanent replacement player for Dale.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 10 - G1.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by joerock22; December 09, 2014 at 09:26 PM.

Default Re: Joerock's Hotseat - Reboot (DALE VACANT)

How many times did you have to reload? I wouldn't have expected you to send so few units to defeat him. Was hoping you'd keep at least 6, guess not.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Gimli10 View Post
    How many times did you have to reload? I wouldn't have expected you to send so few units to defeat him. Was hoping you'd keep at least 6, guess not.
    Not that many. With 3 militia/ranger/cav I won literally every time. With only 2 militia the results weren't as good, but I still won a majority of the time. It's because Mordor's units were only partial-strength, making even the elite Morannon Guard easy to defeat.

Good thing is it weakened your troops to a state where they definitely cant break the force I have coming to the Black Gate!

Captainnorway's Avatar Primicerius

i can take dale

Dale turn 10 up:
    I got no one to notify though. Maybe Captainnorway can take it?
    http://www.2shared.com/file/DId1m1ss/JR2_Dale_10.html
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Egyptian_Viking; December 11, 2014 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Screenshot up

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Captainnorway View Post
    i can take dale
    It is yours. I will send a cleared save tonight after I get home from work.

KhalFrodo's Avatar Semisalis

Back in the club

Citizen

Since he appeared before the cleared save was sent to the new player, I decided to give KhalFrodo another chance. Cleared save has been sent to him instead (Dwarves subbed last turn).

I promised Captainnorway that he would be the first person we contact to fill any future vacancies.

Citizen

I am rapidly losing patience with our Mr. Frodo. He says he's back, but then he's late. He has until tomorrow when I get home from work to play (5:30 EST). After that, he's being replaced.