Page 1 of 33 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Joerock's Hotseat - Reboot

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

Default Joerock's Hotseat - Reboot

Joerock’s Hotseat

Creator: joerock22
    Admin: Gallus

Description: Reboot of Joerock’s Hotseat.

Map

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Factions

Gondor: joerock22
    Rohan: Egyptian_Viking
    Dale: Adanedhel (replaced Khal Frodo on turn 25; JWANT had been subbing a few turns before that)
    Dwarves: JWANT
    Silvan Elves: FrostySOTF (replaced *Ranger* on turn 32, who had replaced TheBlackWolf on turn 24)
    Mordor: KingofPoland (replaced Narsils_Shards on turn 32, who had replaced Gimli10 on turn 11)
    Isengard: DEAD (played by themzr)
    Orcs of the Misty Mountains: Chieftain Khuzaymah
    Rhun: PandaChef

Admin

This hotseat will have a non-player admin. As hotseat creator, however, I will know the admin password. This is to avoid the situation we found ourselves in the old hotseat, with the admin vanishing and no one knowing the password. I will only act as admin if absolutely necessary (i.e. the non-player admin is absent and another cannot be found). If you can’t trust me not to abuse this privilege, then please do not join.

Rules

Administrative:

• Long campaign
    • Manage all settlements
    • M/M Difficulty

General

• You may reload your turn as many times as you want
    • Turns must be taken within 24 hours. If you cannot play your turn, please make arrangements for subbing
    • Please PM or VM the next player in line

Territorial

• Players cannot capture any settlement outside of the red line. There is no restriction on where armies and agents can move
    • No player is allowed to capture the large island at the mouth of the Anduin (containing Goben Tolfalas). Allowing this island to be in play would give Gondor an unfair advantage since Harad’s navy is not in play
    • Players are allowed to capture South Tharbad, but not North Tharbad

Gameplay

• Not Good vs. Evil
    • No Invasions
    • You may gift regions to another faction, but you must disband all but one unit immediately. This unit is considered a free "home guard" unit and cannot leave the settlement under any circumstances for the duration of the game
    • No gifting settlements at risk of capture
    • No heroic victories
    • Battles against other players must be auto-resolved. Battles against the AI can be fought
    • Post screenshots of all battles against other players: deployment screen and results screen. I think this makes following a hotseat much more interesting. Note – you do not need to post screenshots for lopsided battles, i.e. 1,000 vs. 100, but please mention the battle in your post
    • No assassinations or sabotage. You may recruit assassins to act as (expensive) extra spies, but you may not use them for anything else
    • No surrounding armies with smaller stacks to deny a retreat. You are allowed to block bridges or river crossings
    • No mercenary transport ships
    • All crossings points of the Anduin are in play
    • Units defeated by a player coming after you in the turn order may not move or attack on your subsequent turn
    • Bribing is allowed
    • Sallying from a settlement under siege is not allowed if it results in the settlement falling to the besieging force immediately thereafter (on your turn)
    • You are not allowed to lure an ambushing army a tile further to bring it in range of more of your forces

Buildings

• No destroying any buildings if the settlement is at risk of capture
    • Exterminating settlements is not allowed. You may sack or occupy
    • On the turn you capture an enemy settlement, you are only allowed to destroy inns and cultural buildings. This rule stays in effect until you have held a captured settlement for 3 turns
    • After you hold a captured settlement for 3 turns, buildings can be destroyed without restriction (provided the settlement is not at risk of capture)

Spies

• Whether a spy may open the gates of a settlement depends on the size of the settlement’s garrison. If a settlement is defended by 720+ elves, 900+ men, or 1500+ orcs, then spies may NOT open the gates. If a settlement is defended by fewer than this number, then spies may open the gates without restriction
    • Note – Isengard must have 1500 soldiers in a settlement before it is safe from spies, even if some of those soldiers are dunlandings (men). This is because the standard unit size for Isengard is 250 across the board. Rhun, on the other hand, falls under the 900 man category because its standard unit size is 150
    • The purpose of this rule is to allow players to defend their settlement without fear of losing their garrison due to spies. Its justification is that settlement with more defenders have better surveillance and it would be harder for spies to operate. I also want to keep the rule simple, which is the reason for the hard limit. So basically if you defend a settlement with 6 full units worth of troops, you are safe from spies
    • Spies may open the gates against the Rebels (AI) without restriction

Rules are open to change based on a vote by a majority of players
    Last edited by FrostySOTF; October 02, 2015 at 12:36 PM.

Default Re: Joerock's Hotseat - REBOOT (2 new players needed)

I would retake up SE, fresh from learning from my mistakes in the previous one

That sucks we went through a decent number of turns, but I agree it's a sensible decision in the long term. The HS was going really slow. Be nice to capture Kugavod on turn 1 !

I will definitely stay on as Rhun.

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

NOOOOOOO I WAS GONNA KILL ROHAN :-(:-( DAMNIT AXIS!!!!!!!

Gimli's Avatar Primicerius

I would like vengeance upon Gondor! I call upon the forces of the great dark lord SAURON!

Chieftain Khuzaymah's Avatar Domesticus

Shame this had to be done, but I get why..

I don't want to lay claim on Gondor. I may take it after all, but for now I will see what factions will be left over and I will pick from one of them. I've been playing Gondor a lot lately. I'm just posting to let you all know I will participate. So if someone desires to take Gondor, that is fine by me.

I'll check what factions will be free in the end.
    Most Promising Youngblood TATW: Chieftain Khuzaymah

JWANT's Avatar Senator

I'm ok with taking Rohan again but would like to try a faction I haven't played yet. So I'll be doing the same as Chieftain

Citizen

Excellent! Thanks guys for responding quickly. Now all returning players have chosen their old factions if they want them, so the field is open. We have Gondor, Rohan, Dale, and Dwarves available for Chieftain Khuzaymah, JWANT, and 2 new players.

I'll see if CK and JW want to pick from the four, then send out invites to a few new players which I hope will accept.

Edit: JWANT has switched to Dwarves.
    Last edited by joerock22; August 31, 2014 at 08:33 PM.

Citizen

Default Re: Joerock's Hotseat - REBOOT (DALE OPEN)

Salah-ad-deen is our new Rohan. He asked me awhile back to notify him of any new TATW hotseats. Now I will attempt to find a Dale player and an admin.

Also, Chieftain and I agreed to switch faction, so he's taking OotMM and I'll be taking Gondor. That will give TheBlackWolf something new to look forward to as SE.

Edit: we are full! And Gallus has graciously agreed to be our admin. He says it may take a day or two to create the save, but no problem there. I'm actually glad this got organized as quickly as it did.
    Last edited by joerock22; September 02, 2014 at 12:07 AM.

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Joerock's Hotseat - Reboot

Gondor!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Citizen

Slight problem with the save (disappearing rebel garrisons, for cities which start empty for AI capture in non-HS games). I've brought it to Gallus' attention. If anyone has a solution to this, let us know.

This is not a problem. It is usual that the rebels are 1 tile next to the town on the first turn, (indeed so that AI can take it). That is why you can take Kugavod on turn 1 with Rhun. On the 2nd turn, all rebels will move into the city/town.

So if this is what you mean, it is normal.

Citizen

Nope, the armies that are supposed to move into the settlements on turn 2 have vanished, so the settlements are left unoccupied for the rest of the game or until somebody takes them.

Ah ok, well then we have indeed a slight problem. ^^

I have good news and bad news. The good news is that I didn't up modding descr_strat. The bad is that my original descr_strat is buggy. I reinstalled TATW recently and it seems those rebel armies are simply missing from my game. That means that I either need one of you to send me his descr_strat or you'll have to find someone else to set up the game.

Of course you could also just keep playing, toggle_fow tells me that almost half the settlements are missing rebels so every faction gets a couple of free settlements...

edit: I think I've got it. the "via script" rebels are marked as a commentary in my descr_strat. can someone please check if this is normal?
    ;VIA SCRIPT;character sub_faction scotland, Holden, general, male, age 52, x 333, y 223 ;dorwinion
    ;army
    ;unit english kings huscarls exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    ;unit english kings huscarls exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    ;unit Thane Swordsmen exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    ;unit Thane Spearmen exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    ;unit Norse Archers exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    ;unit Norse Archers exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    ;unit Huntsmen exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    Last edited by Gallus; September 03, 2014 at 05:55 AM.

I found a part of my descr_strat and it seems this is meant for rebels. I also guess that the part that has VIA SCRIPT are the kind of settlements the AI capture on the first turn and the ones without VIA SCRIPT will have garrison from turn 2 onwards.

Anyways, here is my part of descr_strat that contains Dorwinion:

;VIA SCRIPT
    ;character sub_faction scotland, Gangleren, general, male, age 36, x 305, y 226 ;north rhovanion
    ;army
    ;unit Rhovanion Spearmen exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    ;unit Rhovanion Spearmen exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    ;unit Rhovanion Hunters exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0

;VIA SCRIPT
    ;character sub_faction scotland, Holden, general, male, age 52, x 333, y 223 ;dorwinion
    ;army
    ;unit english kings huscarls exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    ;unit english kings huscarls exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    ;unit Thane Swordsmen exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    ;unit Norse Archers exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    ;unit Huntsmen exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0

;VIA SCRIPT
    ;character sub_faction scotland, Hross, general, male, age 35, x 358, y 229 ;north rhun
    ;army
    ;unit Woodsmen exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    ;unit Woodsmen exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    ;unit Fyrd Axemen exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    ;unit Fyrd Spearmen exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    ;unit Thane Spearmen exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    ;unit Hunters exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    ;unit Hunters exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0

strange, yours is also commentary which means that the engine ignores this part of descr_strat. That means that some of my scripts must be buggy and I haven't touched those. If you don't want to play with empty settlements you'll have to find someone else to set up this HS. I can still admin, but I'll have to reinstall TATW before I can try to set it up again.

Note that these settlements are settlements that get taken by AI on the first turn. I will copy another part of it that does not contain VIA SCRIPT and ; ; ; ; ;

character sub_faction sicily, Colfinmen, general, male, age 34, x 254, y 115 ;ithilien
    army
    unit Woodsmen exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Woodsmen exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Hunters exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Hunters exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Hunters exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Hunters exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0

;VIA SCRIPT
    ;character sub_faction sicily, Merendir, general, male, age 42, x 261, y 142 ;north ithilien
    ;army
    ;unit Woodsmen exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    ;unit Hunters exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0

character sub_faction sicily, Faelthor, general, male, age 26, x 253, y 138 ;cair andros
    army
    unit Thane Spearmen exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Thane Spearmen exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Thane Swordsmen exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Norse Archers exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0

character sub_faction sicily, Pilimor, general, male, age 52, x 261, y 93 ;south ithilien
    army
    unit Norse Archers exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Fyrd Axemen exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Fyrd Spearmen exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Fyrd Spearmen exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Huntsmen exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0

I see indeed that in our hotseat the empty settlements remain empty. When I start a single player campaign for myself that is not the case. I think something in your descr_strat is still messed up. I will send you my descr_strat file (I have never touched it since I've started playing TATW) Perhaps, if you make your adjustments for this HS, it will work now.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9T...it?usp=sharing

Nope, it still doesn't work. Like I said, it's a script problem. But if the script does not work... I have an idea, will report if it works in a few minutes.
    Last edited by Gallus; September 03, 2014 at 07:11 AM.

It doesn't work my with file either? Perhaps there is something else in your files that is messed up, because I just checked, when I start a SP campaign I do get the rebels that start to garrison from turn 2 onwards.

Page 1 of 33 123456789101126 ... LastLast