Thread: Weak AI (Weak&Passive Allies) and a strange bug

Libertus

Default Weak AI (Weak&Passive Allies) and a strange bug

[CONTENTBOX][/CONTENTBOX]Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-08-30_00002.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	391.9 KB 
ID:	313056Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-08-30_00001.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	388.5 KB 
ID:	313057

1- I can not recruit troops in Paris for several turns, I don't know why is that as you see at pic.

2-Especially Great Britain left me alone and she is extremely passive, only attacks to Spain although Spain was one of my allies at the beginning of game. Unfortunately, GB simply messed my plans. So far, Spain would support me on waters strongly... Onyl Russia is actively joins wars and conquer regions. Normally, GB must be agressive and must land her troops to support the Allies.

Could you possibly help me about these?

(GAME: HARD / VERY HARD)

mramazingfuntime's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Weak AI (Weak&Passive Allies) and a strange bug

Paris should be able to recruit things. That is indeed rather a strange bug.
    Empire and Napoleon Total War are both equipped with AI famously unable to perform naval landings of troops. I certainly have never seen it happen, and I've played rather a lot of both games. GB is performing aggressive actions by attacking any German fleets and thoroughly blockading the Germans, but more than that is a little much to ask from the AI that was once described as being programmed 'with all the quivering ambition of toenail clippings' and features 'all the comprehension of a mangled cat'... An appropriately 'Hague-level' of brilliance.

Libertus

I don't know why, but perhaps after building sth, it got stuck and there is nothing at the recruitment screen.It is still the same. I am in 1918, February now. It is weird and I resist in unbelievable situations. GB in my game does not even attack by naval forces.By the way, I realised that Italy could not construct useful buildings, built some communistic building instead and they are not useful. So it lost the cities easily. I took over this lands and gave to Italy again. My allies are shamming.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Ok here is a new Campaign AI file with Bran settings for explosive WAR ACTION!
    Replace original Great_War_AI. pack with new version(make a back up first) Unpack and place new file in Napoleon data folder.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; September 03, 2014 at 02:37 PM.

Are you sure this is compatiple with th great war? no luck......doesn't work for me

Libertus

thanks, I will try. Is it enough if I just back up the the file "Great_War_AI. pack".

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Just back up the original and put in a safe place and put in the new version-if you do not like the new version then delete it and put in the original back into the napoleon data folder.