Name:	total war.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	250.4 KB 
ID:	313029

Sanskrit_Bandit's Avatar Wielki Kniaź Wiślański

Default Re: Window of the game

i have the same problem

Not sure what you mean, but my guess is you want to run it in fullscreen? Then look for mods/EBII/EBII.cfg. Look for windowed. Set that to 0 or false. Set the file as read-only and run the game again.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by bovi View Post
    Not sure what you mean, but my guess is you want to run it in fullscreen? Then look for mods/EBII/EBII.cfg. Look for windowed. Set that to 0 or false. Set the file as read-only and run the game again.
    I mean that I see the window of the game partially covered by the taskbar when it is in windowed mode.

Then you need to either hide your taskbar, or change the resolution of the game, or run it fullscreen.

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Then you need to either hide your taskbar, or change the resolution of the game, or run it fullscreen.
    I've tried to change the resolution of the game and it's still the same. I've read the first sticky thread about the crash "every 10 turns or so" and, for my safety, I would play windowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamdecipher View Post
    I would play windowed.
    I would play the game windowed*
    sorry

When you change the resolution in the EBII.cfg file, you should set it as read only. This should make your changes stick.

================
    ================

When you change the resolution in the EBII.cfg file, you should set it as read only. This should make your changes stick.
    Nothing to do, I've setted windowed=true and read only, but it's still the same. /:

If you've set it read only and it still gets overwritten, I'm afraid you'll have to hide the taskbar.

================
    ================

If you've set it read only and it still gets overwritten, I'm afraid you'll have to hide the taskbar.
    D'OH! Ok, don't worry, thank you. :>

Dont you have to set the value windowed=1 instead of windowed=true?

Quote Originally Posted by DenniZ View Post
    Dont you have to set the value windowed=1 instead of windowed=true?
    It's the same. :>
    True = 1
    False = 0

Guys, I've resolved the problem. In EBII.cfg file there is borderless_window=true. You must put it false. :>

hmmm Im not sure that the right setting

To run in windowed mode but in fullscreen and not partially like you seemed to have edit/add these entries into both medieval II preferences file and in EB .cfg one then make them read only
    windowed = 1
    borderless_window = 1

Also make sure the resolution is set to maximun in both of these files (in my case 1680x1050)

battle_resolution = 1680 1050
    campaign_resolution = 1680 1050

Mamertine's Avatar Tiro

Does anyone have a definite solution to this? I have read several conflicting threads on what to do. Also, when I open up EBII.cfg with Notepad++, there isn't a line that says windowed or borderless window. Is this something we add ourselves?

Anyone just want to attach a copy of their EBII.cfg for convenience? Thanks.
    When Hiero returned to besiege their base (Messana) in 265 BC the Mamertines called for help from a nearby fleet from Carthage, which occupied the harbor of Messana. Seeing this, the Syracuse forces retired, not wishing to confront Carthaginian forces. Uncomfortable under the Cathaginian "protection," the Mamertines now appealed to Rome to be allowed into the protection of the Roman people. At first, the Romans did not wish to come to the aid of soldiers who had unjustly stolen a city from its rightful possessors. However, unwilling to see Carthaginian power spread further over Sicily and get too close to Italy, Rome responded by entering into an alliance with the Mamertines. In response, Syracuse allied itself with Carthage, imploring their protection. With Rome and Carthage brought into conflict, the Syracuse/Mamertine conflict escalated into the First Punic War.

The 'problem' as described in the OP is what happens when:

- you have "windowed" mode turned on (windowed = 1)
    - you have "borderless window" turned on (borderless_window = 1)
    - the screen resolution is less than your native desktop screen resolution (campaign map and battle map resolution settings, also in config file in form XXXX YYYY; i.e 1440 900)

If you'd like to play it in effectively fullscreen but in reality windowed, you need the game's screen resolution settings to match your desktop resolution. The advantage to this is you can alt-tab out and back quickly.

If the game resolution is smaller, it won't be effectively fullscreen. Without window borders, though, you won't be able to move your window. If you want to play in true windowed mode, make sure borderless_window = 0 and you'll get a window you can move around.

This *can* be in your EBII.cfg but is probably in your medieval2.preference.cfg file to begin with. If it's not, you can add the lines (windowed and borderless_window probably aren't there by default, for example). If you have conflicting lines in two different .cfg files, I'm really not sure what behavior you would end up with. Best, IMO, to keep it to medieval2.preference.cfg.

Also worth pointing out that you may want to make these files read only so that the game doesn't undo some of these custom settings.