Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Augustus Campaign Map:

SenseiJT92's Avatar Decanus

Default The Augustus Campaign Map:

Is this the new Augustus Campaign Campaign Map?

From what we can see from this image there is a new town in Rome (Asculum), but not as many as were previously in HATG. As far as I am aware, no-one has yet managed to add a new town or province onto the Grand Campaign map.

Map

Here is a close-up of the mini-map:

And here is the vanilla map:

This may not be the map though the image comes from this website, http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...tion-announced.

If this is the map, what differences can we discern?
    Last edited by SenseiJT92; August 29, 2014 at 10:27 AM.

Default Re: The Augustus Campaign Map:

Let's not reach to hasty conclusions. That's just a pic found in an article about the Emperor edition. It's very probable that it was taken from a vanilla campaign, not from the DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Hibernian View Post
    Let's not reach to hasty conclusions. That's just a pic found in an article about the Emperor edition. It's very probable that it was taken from a vanilla campaign, not from the DLC.
    This may be so, but can you explain the extra town in Rome - given that no-one as yet has managed to add any town or province to the campaign map?

Actually, I hadn't realized that Asculum was not on the main campaign, so I stand corrected.

1. Why would they create an additional campaign (for free!) which is bigger or equally as big as the Grand Campaign?
    2. If you take a look at some of your games which you bought physically in a store you might notice that sometimes the "ingame" pictures don't fit to the game at all. That picture of yours could also fit into that category. Especially because the emblems are all different from the current game.
    3. It is taken from some random newspage somewhere on the internet. Why on earth should they have informations that CA don't release to us yet?

Auxor's Avatar Libertus

Red is Augustus
    White is Mark Antony
    Yellow is Lepidus i'd assume
    Blue on Sicily is probably Sextus Pompey
    Blue is Ptolemaic Egypt
    Light blue is Hasmonean Judaea
    Green is Armenia
    Purple is Parthia
    Orange is Commagene or Media Atropatene?

Not really sure about most of the others, could be under the control of other proconsuls or whatever.
    And when he reaches the gates of Heaven, to Saint Peter he will tell, "Just one more soldier reporting for duty, i've served my time in hell"

Quote Originally Posted by Saurus View Post
    1. Why would they create an additional campaign (for free!) which is bigger or equally as big as the Grand Campaign?
    2. If you take a look at some of your games which you bought physically in a store you might notice that sometimes the "ingame" pictures don't fit to the game at all. That picture of yours could also fit into that category. Especially because the emblems are all different from the current game.
    3. It is taken from some random newspage somewhere on the internet. Why on earth should they have informations that CA don't release to us yet?
    Eurogamer is not a "random newspage". Regarding your first point I'd say they thought it is best to give out a big map but not quite as big as the main campaign map.
    It's gotta be a Chocolate Jesus to keep me satisfied.

You can see Arretium on that picture.. there is no such city in current Grand Campaign... instead there is Velrathi.. Anyway, strange thing is Mark Anthony is star1 general... at that point, he was experienced commander, not some kind of a rookie...initially he had quite an edge over Octavian.. plus majority of Caesar's veterans on his side..
    Last edited by JaM; August 29, 2014 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxor View Post
    Red is Augustus
    White is Mark Antony
    Yellow is Lepidus i'd assume
    Blue on Sicily is probably Sextus Pompey
    Blue is Ptolemaic Egypt
    Light blue is Hasmonean Judaea
    Green is Armenia
    Purple is Parthia
    Orange is Commagene or Media Atropatene?

Not really sure about most of the others, could be under the control of other proconsuls or whatever.
    What could the dark blue one be? The one that is in posession of Pontos and Pontokaspis?

Also do you think there will be an Indian faction in the right hand corner of the map? A Mauryan satrapy for example?

Given that Mr Lusted himself viewed this thread for well over five minutes and did not deny that this is the campaign map, I say that it points to being so.

Or he may have viewed it and thought to himself, "Pfft, silly people... conspiring over the slightest image which shows something we created ages ago in pre-alpha". :')

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

I hope this is a WiP wersion of the imperator Augustus map.
    The Grey areas are problely Goin to be removed and the area inside is goin to get more cities.

I don't understand the doubt on whether it's the map or not. I took the picture as being from the new campaign. It's obviously modified as it has Arretium (mentioned already) and Asculum. Doesn't mean it's the final version, but most likely it is as you would expect CA to have worked on the campaign map/start pos already.

It looks very similar to the GC map, really. Just some tweaks.

They cut up some areas differently. Iberia looks to have a new design, though it still has oddly drawn borders for my taste. The map doesn't seem as though it would offer any advantages to the GC map for modders from first glance, which is what I'm looking at. So, it's drawn to reflect the political environment of the civil war.
    Last edited by ABH2; August 29, 2014 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Death from Anon View Post
    Given that Mr Lusted himself viewed this thread for well over five minutes and did not deny that this is the campaign map, I say that it points to being so.

Or he may have viewed it and thought to himself, "Pfft, silly people... conspiring over the slightest image which shows something we created ages ago in pre-alpha". :')

considering they practically released Alpha version last year i wouldn't be so surprised this is authentic picture... lol

baptistus's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Linke View Post
    The Grey areas are problely Goin to be removed
    it is the fog of war

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Quote Originally Posted by baptistus View Post
    it is the fog of war
    But it would make a lot of sense to have the area we would be left with then.

Quote Originally Posted by Death from Anon View Post
    This may be so, but can you explain the extra town in Rome - given that no-one as yet has managed to add any town or province to the campaign map?
    Its properly the campaign map but i dont see a extra town all i see is different names.
    --------> http://play0ad.com <--------
    OS: Win 7 64bit Ultimate // MOB: GA-990FXA-UD5 // CPU: AMD FX-8350 BE Eight-Core 4,70Ghz OC // WC: CM Nepton_280L // Memory: 16GB 1866Mhz // GPU: Nvidea GTX 780 ti 3GB // SC: SB X-Fi Titanium HD // SS: Creative T20 Series II // Monitors: Asus 27" 1ms , Asus 24'' 4ms //
    HDD: 1TB // SSD: 128GB // SSD: 240GB // External: 3TB

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Pee_Alot View Post
    Its properly the campaign map but i dont see a extra town all i see is different names.
    Check the map again. There is no town right to the east of Rome on the grand campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chocolate Jesus View Post
    Check the map again. There is no town right to the east of Rome on the grand campaign.
    I say its fake, Italy already has 4 cities in its province, so having asculum would mean removing neapolis. Now, what a coincidence that neapolis is just out of the picture taken, while the new city (asculum) is on the other side of the mountain and cant be seen.....
    I say the asculum name is photoshop, which is easily done, and that was the only change that we can see from out current grand campaign...(except for the change in names, which a lot of modders have already tweaked to their taste..)

baptistus's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Kronuxen View Post
    I say its fake, Italy already has 4 cities in its province, so having asculum would mean removing neapolis. Now, what a coincidence that neapolis is just out of the picture taken, while the new city (asculum) is on the other side of the mountain and cant be seen.....
    I say the asculum name is photoshop, which is easily done, and that was the only change that we can see from out current grand campaign...(except for the change in names, which a lot of modders have already tweaked to their taste..)
    and the mini map is photoshoped too ? because no modders can change the provinces at this time... even the sea zones in front of Egypt seems to be changed (and no modders can do it too at this time).
    you look paranoid
    Last edited by baptistus; August 29, 2014 at 12:31 PM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast