Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New playable faction: Armenia

beos777's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: New playable faction: Armenia

Each culture has 4 faction slots. The only cultures that do not have 4 factions are the brithish,germanic, nomadic and iberian tribes and also the eastern factions. So i believe we will see soon enough new germanic factions (cherusci and chatti propably). Armenia will be an eastern faction, so there will be one empty slot for the eastern factions. I would like to see in the near future an african-arabian pack. Nabteans, numidians, ethiopians and garamantians are good choices.

Petroniu's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Pee_Alot View Post
    Yes of cource its free why release a free DLC "For people that got RTW II" but not the faction/factions that are with the DLC makes no sense.
    Everything that comes with the Emperor Edition is FREE for the already owners of Rome 2!!! It is puzzling how people still have not wrapped their heads around this simple statement.
    I even saw Jack Lusted battling the idea of putting this in a simpler fashion in the official thread here on the forums for people that did not get it.
    RTWRM - back to basics

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

Quote Originally Posted by Petroniu View Post
    Everything that comes with the Emperor Edition is FREE for the already owners of Rome 2!!! It is puzzling how people still have not wrapped their heads around this simple statement.
    I even saw Jack Lusted battling the idea of putting this in a simpler fashion in the official thread here on the forums for people that did not get it.
    I know what you mean....I attribute it to a mixture of two factors: a) Everyone in the forums aren't native (or advanced) English speakers, b) CA tends to sometimes word things in very ambiguous ways. I'm a native English speaker and sometimes even I have to read things they post 2-3 times to make sure I got the point.

This "Free-LC" is going to be interesting because to be honest, I'm reaaaaaaaaaally sick of TW games/mods that start off around 270 BC. I've seen Rome and Carthage go at it (or just stare at themselves while African tribes and Celts ravage them) in RTW, EB, RS II, RTR, R2, now EB2 more times than I ever really care to see again. I think a lot of R2's criticism comes from the fact that many gamers might simply be bored of 270 BC and its Celtic Migrations, Hellenistic Wars, and a feeble Rome that struggles to advance out of Italy. For a long time now I've wanted to play a campaign that started after the Punic Wars or during the 1st century BC. Finally we might get to see some new and interesting conflicts in campaign like Rome vs. Dacians or Rome + Armenia vs. Parthia. The age of hoplites and super phalanx armies would also be in the past, so people would have to alter their strategies a bit. It'll almost be like playing a completely new game.

For new playable factions, I'm putting my hopes on Armenia, Cimmeria, and Massalia.
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

Looks like Armenia is confirmed for the Emperor Edition

https://www.facebook.com/TotalWar/ph...type=1&theater

Quote Originally Posted by Master.Mind View Post
    Looks like Armenia is confirmed for the Emperor Edition

https://www.facebook.com/TotalWar/ph...type=1&theater
    Wohoo!
    "Before you say anything, know that I have amulet against the evil speeches, dark trashing will gain you naught."

For Finnish Empire!

Yeah!!!!

Now we just need Numidians and it will be good

They're playing as Armenia on the Twitch showing at the moment.
    The Armenian Issue

They are playing as the Armenians right now on Twitch. They look boring as hell. The units being all the same as Parthia as it looks right now. I would much prefer having half the number of playable factions if they were actually fleshed out.

M2TWRocks's Avatar Domesticus

When will Armenia be playable?

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by M2TWRocks View Post
    When will Armenia be playable?
    When EE is out.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

I bet they'll make it DLC. I mean the EE will be recency effect, so it all cancels out.

Quote Originally Posted by Karahanli View Post
    AFTER 15 PATCH THIS game looks horrible, game needs a serious graphic emprovment especialy the map area when zooming out, texture is horrible
    Go to settings, graphics, tick the box that says 'Unlimited Video Memory' or something. Ka-ching.

Quote Originally Posted by daelin4 View Post
    I bet they'll make it DLC. I mean the EE will be recency effect, so it all cancels out.
    As in they're gonna try to sell it? No, they expressed that it would be given for free.
    The Armenian Issue

hippacrocafish's Avatar Campidoctor

Armenia is on my short list of "Why aren't these guys playable yet?"

That includes:
    -Massalia
    -Cherusci (Especially since they're the tribe in Teutoburg Forest and Suebi are the only playable Germans )
    -Aksum.
    -Cir-whatever the hell the Hellenes faction is in Crimea.
    -Pergamon
    Last edited by hippacrocafish; September 08, 2014 at 06:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post
    I know what you mean....I attribute it to a mixture of two factors: a) Everyone in the forums aren't native (or advanced) English speakers, b) CA tends to sometimes word things in very ambiguous ways. I'm a native English speaker and sometimes even I have to read things they post 2-3 times to make sure I got the point.

This "Free-LC" is going to be interesting because to be honest, I'm reaaaaaaaaaally sick of TW games/mods that start off around 270 BC. I've seen Rome and Carthage go at it (or just stare at themselves while African tribes and Celts ravage them) in RTW, EB, RS II, RTR, R2, now EB2 more times than I ever really care to see again. I think a lot of R2's criticism comes from the fact that many gamers might simply be bored of 270 BC and its Celtic Migrations, Hellenistic Wars, and a feeble Rome that struggles to advance out of Italy. For a long time now I've wanted to play a campaign that started after the Punic Wars or during the 1st century BC. Finally we might get to see some new and interesting conflicts in campaign like Rome vs. Dacians or Rome + Armenia vs. Parthia. The age of hoplites and super phalanx armies would also be in the past, so people would have to alter their strategies a bit. It'll almost be like playing a completely new game.
    I'd be fine with starting just before the 2nd Punic war (so a Scipio Africanus general or Hannibal can appear) instead of the weird obession with 272/270bc (what's with that? did anything exceptionally interesting happen within a few decades?) as we still get most of the factions and before big empires start propping up aside from the Seleucids and a lot of factions dissapearing after 80 turns or so (I wished the tribes aside from the Averni weren't so keen on dominating so much territory and would just pillage and then go back home.

Quote Originally Posted by hippacrocafish View Post
    Armenia is on my short list of "Why aren't these guys playable yet?"

That includes:
    -Massalia
    -Cherusci (Especially since they're the tribe in Teutoburg Forest and the only playable Germans )
    -Aksum.
    -Cir-whatever the hell the Hellenes faction is in Crimea.
    -Pergamon
    I'd actually rather play with the Cimbri instead of the Cherusci. They could make for unique faction in terms of looks and gameplay.
    It's gotta be a Chocolate Jesus to keep me satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by Setekh View Post
    As in they're gonna try to sell it? No, they expressed that it would be given for free.
    Oh? got a link or was it in the Rally Point vid?

Quote Originally Posted by daelin4 View Post
    Oh? got a link or was it in the Rally Point vid?
    It was said during the Twitch stream where they played as Armenia.
    The Armenian Issue

Indefinitely Banned

They ARE going to sell it.. only those who get the game after 16th

Quote Originally Posted by Doge Almighty View Post
    They ARE going to sell it.. only those who get the game after 16th
    And all current owners of the game will have their game upgraded to the EE at no extra cost. Armenia comes with the Imperator Augustus DLC, which is included with the EE update.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast