Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Total War: ROME II Emperor Edition announced

Nago's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Total War: ROME II Emperor Edition announced

Thank you CA, I still don't play the game but that's nice from you.
    Forgive my english and I may forgive you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lusted View Post
    No I said the opposite. Civil wars are now no longer unavoidable. If you manage politics well enough you'll never have one occur.
    I thought that was what I'd heard. Which is good news because that alone makes playing politics a worthwhile part of the game. Look forward to getting my hands dirty with a few well placed assassinations and bribes. Oh and I can finally marry off my annoying sister.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Does the Emperor Edition contain all DLC?
    The Emperor Edition contains all Free-LC and content updates that have been applied to ROME II since launch , including but not limited to Pontus, Seleucid, Getae and Baktrian factions, Wonders & Seasons, touch controls, twitch.tv integration, roster updates for Carthage, Epirus and Suebi, additional units (Hexbearers, African Elephants, etc, etc), new achievements, Battle of Pydna, new seasonal festival events and so forth.

If you already own ROME II and have updated it to the latest version via Steam, you will already have access to this content.

The Emperor Edition will also include the new Imperator Augustus Campaign Pack DLC. This is a brand new Campaign Pack DLC launching at the same time as the Emperor Edition.
    Hello Jack, can you please tell us if the Emperor Edition will appear as a repackaged retail version of Rome 2, like for example Rome 1 Gold Edition, and as asked previously: Will this Emperor Edition contain already all the patches till patch 14/15, the FLC and the new campaign on the disk, so new customers do not have to download all that after a (re)install from the Steam servers? Thank you.
    Last edited by alQamar; August 30, 2014 at 07:11 AM.
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by von stoker View Post
    I thought that was what I'd heard. Which is good news because that alone makes playing politics a worthwhile part of the game. Look forward to getting my hands dirty with a few well placed assassinations and bribes. Oh and I can finally marry off my annoying sister.
    Indeed. It'll add much needed extra substance to the game. Instead of dreading it (as I am with this version), I'll be considering my long term anti-civil war strategy. Hopefully, it will be as Lusted says, though I wait until i see it in game.

SirPeacemaker's Avatar Centenarius

No I said the opposite. Civil wars are now no longer unavoidable. If you manage politics well enough you'll never have one occur.
    Yes that what I got from the video and liked that (IF ITS TRUE AND HONEST ATTEMPT). But I am asking myself, why it wasnt like that at first place?
    Very good rocking song. The message of the song: WHEN PEOPLE LEARN TRUTH ABOUT UKRAINIAN WAR, THEY WILL GO INSANE!! (I suggest to turn the english subtitles on. Its over 18only because of violent pictures) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AAR6nUV7VI

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Kambe View Post
    So Rome 2 is finally out of beta.
    Yes it is going to be released soon. The physical copies are about to be available.

Quote Originally Posted by alQamar View Post
    Hello Jack, can you please tell us if the Emperor Edition will appear as a repackaged retail version of Rome 2, like for example Rome 1 Gold Edition, and as asked previously: Will this Emperor Edition contain already all the patches till patch 14/15, the FLC and the new campaign on the disk, so new customers do not have to download all that after a (re)install from the Steam servers? Thank you.
    The Emperor Edition retail version will replace the existing Rome II retail version. It will contain a version of the game with all the patch data and new Imperator Augustus campaign map on it, though we're still working on improvements for the Emperor Edition so there will be an update download when it is released.
    Senior Designer

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

The Emperor Edition retail version will replace the existing Rome II retail version. It will contain a version of the game with all the patch data and new Imperator Augustus campaign map on it, though we're still working on improvements for the Emperor Edition so there will be an update download when it is released.
    Any ETA yet?

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

I want to belive that the political system will be better that now. Now it is practically not existing.
    Other things sounds ok.
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

Default Re: Emperor Edition Pointless?

Quote Originally Posted by General George S. Patton View Post
    Its just a patch and another free lc, I don't get why the renamed the whole game for it.
    Thats because then they can keep it at full price
    --------> http://play0ad.com <--------
    OS: Win 7 64bit Ultimate // MOB: GA-990FXA-UD5 // CPU: AMD FX-8350 BE Eight-Core 4,70Ghz OC // WC: CM Nepton_280L // Memory: 16GB 1866Mhz // GPU: Nvidea GTX 780 ti 3GB // SC: SB X-Fi Titanium HD // SS: Creative T20 Series II // Monitors: Asus 27" 1ms , Asus 24'' 4ms //
    HDD: 1TB // SSD: 128GB // SSD: 240GB // External: 3TB

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Does the re-worked political system includes changes on the characters traits and ancillaries ? Like a greater limit of traits by characters who may or may not concern the potilitcal system ?

Quote Originally Posted by alQamar View Post
    so you think that the Emperor Edition DVD will not have a repackaged setup which includes all the free available changes till that date? That would make sense imho, and it is basically the same we had with every "Gold Edition" or similar which also included the patches.

Would be nice if Craig could tell us anything about it and include it in the FAQ.
    Yes of cource the retail version would include all free content thats released, After the release new patches/DLCs will be downloaded by steam.
    --------> http://play0ad.com <--------
    OS: Win 7 64bit Ultimate // MOB: GA-990FXA-UD5 // CPU: AMD FX-8350 BE Eight-Core 4,70Ghz OC // WC: CM Nepton_280L // Memory: 16GB 1866Mhz // GPU: Nvidea GTX 780 ti 3GB // SC: SB X-Fi Titanium HD // SS: Creative T20 Series II // Monitors: Asus 27" 1ms , Asus 24'' 4ms //
    HDD: 1TB // SSD: 128GB // SSD: 240GB // External: 3TB

Hi Jack Lusted, I bought two copies of Rome II because I was once a loyal fan of the Total War franchise, could I please get a loyal customer refund?
    Reg: They've taken everything we had and what have they ever given us in return!?
    Xerxes: The aqueduct. Reg: Oh yeah, yeah they gave us that. Yeah that's true.
    Activist 1: And the sanitation!
    Stan: Oh yes...sanitation, Reg you remember what the city used to be like.
    Reg: all right, that's two things that the Romans have done...
    Matthias: And the roads...
    Reg: Well yes obviously the roads goes without saying. But apart from...
    Activist 2, 3, 4, 5: Irrigation...Medicine...Education...and the wine...
    Francis: Yeah the wine. That's something we'd really miss if the Romans left.

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Clearly it is your lack of a british (Queens english) accent that caused the miscommunication.

Can we have a larger preview of how the civil war system will work like:
    1. How many armies will spawn or rebel?
    2. Is it a rage infused game ender due to the amount of armies spawned?

If it is what I expect it will be one or several generals rebelling in each civil war. Each time it will have the effect of draining your empires manpower by removing your armies from your command. So even if the rebels dont take any cities you still have to defeat them and that will leave you short on armies to repel other factions on the borders. Should be interesting.

And can we get a preview on the new campaign map. I understand the map is free to all of us so it cant be too special but how many new regions? And if it was so easy for you guys to add new regions to the map can you add a few new ones (small states) to North Africa, Hispania and Gaul. Parts of those regions feel empty at times. Hispania definitely has a large amount of open space between cities.

And Germany unites too quicky. More tribal towns are needed there.

More information on the improvements we're making with the Emperor Edition, and the Imperator Augustus campaign, will be coming soon.
    Senior Designer

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

Libertus

More information on the improvements we're making with the Emperor Edition, and the Imperator Augustus campaign, will be coming soon.
    that would be great dont rush the edition but do keep us informed

If the finish product gives us the results that we all have been waiting and wanting for, I may consider buying the game.
    • “A reflective, contented mind is the best possession.” ...
    • “With an open mind, seek and listen to all the highest ideals. ...
    • “Turn yourself not away from three best things: Good Thought, Good Word, and Good Deed.” ...
    • “Do not hold grain waiting for higher prices when people are hungry.”

All by Zoroaster.

Make sure not to hype it all. And every claim you make must be back up by video evidence. Do a playthrough. This could be the make or break time before Alien Isolation. Is the politics a complete overhaul or have there been minor adjustments? Will we also continue to see improvements in sieges, pathfinding and multiplayer?

We don't wanna get the gaming press on our backs again do we otherwise we'll end up making false statements which have been unproven and could spell the downfall of Creative Assembly. Sega doesn't want a developer that causes more problems than success.

Quote Originally Posted by sertorio67 View Post
    Where is this Screenshot from? Couldn't find it on the official site. If this is from the new campaign ( and by the looks it must be ), the map seem identical to the Grand campaign map. I mean it stretches from Britannia to Bactria..all the regions seems to be in. So the question is , is this actually a "mini" Campaign? Or another Grand campaign just on different time setting with an already expanded roman empire? ( which would be extremely cool ) .. Anyone know any info on this?

Libertus

@jack is diplomacy being reviewed for future improvements?