Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Total War: ROME II Emperor Edition announced

CA Developer Icon Total War: ROME II Emperor Edition announced

We’ve announced the definitive version of ROME II – the Total War: ROME II Emperor Edition.

Emperor Edition collects together all free content to date, which includes wide-ranging revisions, additions to game features and adds a brand new Campaign Pack expansion, ‘Imperator Augustus’.

Most importantly, existing ROME II players will receive all of the above content via automatic update on the day of launch, upgrading them to Emperor Edition at no cost.

We go into a lot of detail about what’s included in this month’s episode of Rally Point, so join Craig and Matty in this episode to find out more.

A beta will be available soon that will test some of the features in Emperor Edition, please keep an eye on our Facebook, Twitter and official forum for details!
    Senior Designer

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

Default Re: Total War: ROME II Emperor Edition announced

Free for all people with the game? That's actually a great gesture from CA. I appreciate that and hope it calms down some of the more mutinous elements of the fanbase.

F.A.Q

If I buy ROME II today (or at any point up to the launch of Emperor Edition) will I still get the free upgrade to Emperor Edition when it launches?
    Yes.

What platforms will Emperor Edition be available for?
    Mac and PC via Steamplay, buy it once and play it on both platforms.

If you already own ROME II, you will be granted a Mac version of the game for free, again via Steamplay.

Does the Emperor Edition contain all DLC?
    The Emperor Edition contains all Free-LC and content updates that have been applied to ROME II since launch , including but not limited to Pontus, Seleucid, Getae and Baktrian factions, Wonders & Seasons, touch controls, twitch.tv integration, roster updates for Carthage, Epirus and Suebi, additional units (Hexbearers, African Elephants, etc, etc), new achievements, Battle of Pydna, new seasonal festival events and so forth.

If you already own ROME II and have updated it to the latest version via Steam, you will already have access to this content.

The Emperor Edition will also include the new Imperator Augustus Campaign Pack DLC. This is a brand new Campaign Pack DLC launching at the same time as the Emperor Edition.

All other paid-for ROME II DLC is not included in the Emperor Edition, but is compatible with it.

I already own ROME II, how do I get the Emperor Edition and the Imperator Augustus Campaign Pack DLC when it releases?
    On launch day, your version of ROME II will automatically update to the Emperor Edition like any other update or patch (as long as you have set the game to auto-update via Steam) and the Imperator Augustus Campaign Pack will become available for you to download.

When will the Emperor Edition launch?
    Very soon, follow us on Facebook, Twitter or check on the official forums for the release date announcement in the next couple of weeks.

Does this mean that once the Emperor Edition is launched, there be no more DLC or Free-LC for ROME II released?
    No.

What will happen to the original version of ROME II once the Emperor Edition is released?
    There will no longer be an original version of ROME II, all versions on sale will be the Emperor Edition. If you find an original version of ROME II on sale in a shop at any point in the future, bring it home and install it, it will be upgraded via Steam to the Emperor Edition.

What ‘s this about a beta?
    There will be an experimental beta released soon that will test SOME of the features going into the Emperor Edition. If you are interested in trying it out follow us on Facebook, Twitter or check on the official forums for news as it breaks.

So Imperator Augustus Campaign Pack, what’s in that?
    Like Caesar in Gaul and Hannibal at the Gates, it’s set on a new version of the Campaign Map (biggest yet for a Campaign Pack, with the most playable factions), and it’ll put you in the midst of the Triumvirate War that originally lead to the enshrinement of Rome’s first Emperor. Will you recreate that incredible feat or usurp that outcome? We will be letting you know all the details and features shortly, keep an eye on the forums and Facebook, also our Twitch Channel for some up-coming streams.

Some retailers are listing the wrong details for Emperor Edition?
    All legitimate retailers have been contacted well before now and told to correct their information. If you have ordered from a retailer and you have questions about the details they are listing, please contact them.
    Senior Designer

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

Many thanks Jack! Looks great.

BalrogOfMorgoth's Avatar Decanus

That's a great news ! I'm glad you changed the political system because it was unfair and stupid sometimes. I also wonder what the new campaign looks like !

But the only thing Rome 2 miss now is a family tree

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Well done CA thanks for that new piece sure people will enjoy it! Those that are still disappointed about the family tree, you should have known it better as this is a major design change which CA declined to do back in October, so I personally did not believe in this rumour.
    Would be interesting to see how the changes on the politics turn out in real, as for my taste the Rally Point should have share more detailed information about that.

After you enjoyed this announcement, please use the time after the Rally Point 21 to take a look at the inofficial TW survey (link).
    Today we crossed the border of 2200 fans being involved but we still looking foward for more fans giving their opinions about Rome 2 and the TW franchise in general / future.
    You are also invited to discuss this on my dedicated thread.
    Last edited by alQamar; August 29, 2014 at 08:27 AM.
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

Politics and civil wars fixed. Actually sounds like it's sensible now. Did I understand what was said in the video correctly - promotions are now handed out and not just bought with money?

Quote Originally Posted by ABH2 View Post
    Politics and civil wars fixed. Actually sounds like it's sensible now. Did I understand what was said in the video correctly - promotions are now handed out and not just bought with money?
    They still require money to acquire , though the cost has been reduced and the first level has no pre-requisites so statesmen who haven't ranked up yet and can get promotions and contribute to the political game.
    Senior Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lusted View Post
    They still require money to acquire , though the cost has been reduced and the first level has no pre-requisites so statesmen who haven't ranked up yet and can get promotions and contribute to the political game.
    It would of been interesting to see if promotion were handed out based on how successful your general was, or your factions influence in the game (IE you have a crap ton of influence so more of your generals can get promotoed)....not just buying the ranks. Still though I look forward to seeing all of the work you guys put in to re-balancing the game and the political system.
    Any Veterans of the Afghanistan/Iraq wars join my group. Im trying to get a Veterans group started on here.

Ah. Thanks for the quick answer. One other question - are the political/civil war changes applicable to the Grand Campaign, or just the new Augustus version?

Either way, I'm very glad to see this political overhaul. The main fan complaints have been addressed, and to offer it for free is, as stated, a great gesture.

For the first time since release, I am excited/happy. Let's see if it works as touted.
    Personally family trees are a big thing for me and many other fans, since you have listened to the community
    and worked on the civil war and politics aspect.... who knows whats down the road?
    From a long time critic : Fair play CA thanks for all the hard work.

Hetairos's Avatar Roma Surrectum II

As said in the other thread with the technical difficulties (Dogbert check my messages out, about how to handle video postings on TWC)

--> It is a great gesture to hand the emperor edition out for free to people who stuck with the game from the beginning or just recently got it.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by ABH2 View Post
    Ah. Thanks for the quick answer. One other question - are the political/civil war changes applicable to the Grand Campaign, or just the new Augustus version?

Either way, I'm very glad to see this political overhaul. The main fan complaints have been addressed, and to offer it for free is, as stated, a great gesture.
    They apply to all campaigns apart from Caesar in Gaul due to it's unique escalation mechanic.
    Senior Designer

baptistus's Avatar Senator

1) a serious rally point with serious informations !!!!! I don't know if it is because Will is not here but I really really appreciate to have a more "interesting" rally point without silly stuffs. Thank you
    2) so it seems the augustus campaign is free for us ? Am I right ? if yes, a very big thank you !
    3) civil war improvment: a big " thank you "too !!!! the same as medieval 1 ! wow it will be epic ! And multiple civil war ? great news too !
    4) politics improvement: Does any effects (bonus/malus) will be link to the imperium status (or will it be possible to mod it to add effects )? or the imperium status only affect the civil war ?
    5) does all the improvements (civil war/ politics) are for the main camapign too or only for the new dlc ? edit: ok I have my answer ! so it is cool too !

Quote Originally Posted by baptistus View Post
    1) a serious rally point with serious informations !!!!! I don't know if it is because Will is not here but I really really appreciate to have a more "interesting" rally point without silly stuffs. Thank you
    2) so it seems the augustus campaign is free for us ? Am I right ? if yes, a very big thank you !
    3) civil war improvment: a big thank too !!!! the same as medieval 1 ! wow it will be epic ! And multiple civil war ? great news too !
    4) politics improvement: Does any effects (bonus/malus) will be link to the imperium status (or will it be possible to mod it to add effects )? or the imperium status only affect the civil war ?
    5) does all the improvements (civil war/ politics) are for the main camapign too or only for the new dlc ? edit: ok I have my answer ! so it is cool !
    2) Yup it's free
    4) There are effects that come form your political influence, and Imperium has effects that affect the politics game.
    5) Applies to the Grand Campaign as well.
    Senior Designer

Did I get it right? Is the Augustus mini-campaign free?

So basically they released the game a year too early.

Stoked about the bigger campaign map though.
    Last edited by Lugo; August 29, 2014 at 08:38 AM.

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

While the news seems good, I'll hold back praise until I see it in the flesh.

PonySlaystation's Avatar Tiro

err what? a completely new campaign for free? i wouldnt have expected that to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Warrior View Post
    While the news seems good, I'll hold back praise until I see it in the flesh.
    yeah it just sounds too good doesnt it? time will tell and im eager to find out.
    Last edited by PonySlaystation; August 29, 2014 at 08:40 AM.
    Ferrum Noricum

TEAM SKAVEN
    TEAM DARK ELVES
    TEAM TOMB KINGS

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lusted View Post
    Hi Jack, some people reported on the forums that the abilities when upgrading / promoting a family member do not stack, is this the case?
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast