Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: EB2 CAI 3.0 testing

SamueleD's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: EB team's NEW CAMPAIGN AI RELEASE TEST

Quote Originally Posted by mr mojo risin View Post
    It is save game compatible!
    In my case it was not, I followed the instructions, but my save games wouldn't load. For me it's not a big issue, as I was not very far in the campaign, but for others it could be really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by SamueleD View Post
    In my case it was not, I followed the instructions, but my save games wouldn't load. For me it's not a big issue, as I was not very far in the campaign, but for others it could be really bad.
    hmmm sorry to hear that ,
    but it will just be a case of reverting back to the old files which i can provide for anybody that did not back them up,
    also EB2 is a beta and the chances of any long term campaign's getting damaged is probably certain.
    Thanks for your feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeel View Post
    Installed this and it sure made a immediate difference to my 90+ turn Romani game! Lots of new diplomatic events, Carthage vassalized numidia, I have never seen that happen before, very cool Greece erupted into a frenzy of open battles (I had a spy there for the last 15 years to see if Koinon Hellenon needs to be saved).
    and did KH need to be saved.?

Smeel's Avatar Semisalis

Up until I changed the CAI they where kind of holding their own, though I've bribed away some makedonians sieging Athens once. Neither Makedon nor Koinon used they full stacks. After the new CAI was in place, they used them up during maybe two or more turns with unfortunetly ended with Athens getting overrun, and then Koinon sued for peace. This cease fire was broken a couple of turns later, so I'm gonna go in quick and dirty and spread some peace and freedom, american/roman style!

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to
    (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeel View Post
    Up until I changed the CAI they where kind of holding their own, though I've bribed away some makedonians sieging Athens once. Neither Makedon nor Koinon used they full stacks. After the new CAI was in place, they used them up during maybe two or more turns with unfortunetly ended with Athens getting overrun, and then Koinon sued for peace. This cease fire was broken a couple of turns later, so I'm gonna go in quick and dirty and spread some peace and freedom, american/roman style!
    Thanks for the feedback.

In my SPQR campaign turn 110+ the new CAI seems to do wonders, there is total war all around my empire and now I will need to go in and save some of my trading partners before they are exterminated - carthage amongst others.

Also - it seems the diplomatic relations have stopped deteriorating for no reason, which is always nice.

So far it's quite a good CAI imo +1

(ps. I would still like to see some kind of garrison script for the AI's capitals/important cities, so if they get sieged - they will spawn a full decent quality stack for defence. It makes no sense that any faction would leave their capital/important cities undefended during wartime.

This would also make factions survive longer, making it harder for them to loose their last settlement i.e. their capital)

Quote Originally Posted by Walincas View Post
    In my SPQR campaign turn 110+ the new CAI seems to do wonders, there is total war all around my empire and now I will need to go in and save some of my trading partners before they are exterminated - carthage amongst others.

Also - it seems the diplomatic relations have stopped deteriorating for no reason, which is always nice.

(ps. I would still like to see some kind of garrison script for the AI's capitals/important cities, so if they get sieged - they will spawn a full decent quality stack for defence. It makes no sense that any faction would leave their capital/important cities undefended during wartime.

This would also make factions survive longer, making it harder for them to loose their last settlement i.e. their capital)
    thanks for the feedback , we certainly dont want to lose carthage at turn 110 lol.

can you post a screenie of the AI empires mini map ? that would be grand.

Indeed, I just simulated a "patriotic rising" in Kart-Hadast when I spotted it was besieged by a big Massylian army. All that was there was a governor and a couple of other units until I got to work with the create_unit command.

Are the people not finding it savegame compatible using Steam?

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    make a copy of the 2 xlm's involved , then add the new CAI {delete maps rwm} if it doesnt work replace back with the old files.

Mr Mojo, sure, working on it..

http://imgur.com/OVCopjx

[IMG][/IMG]

Carthage has taken a beating, they were just under siege by Areuakoi, but then I intervened and attacked them, which led to Lusotannan armies attacking on all front as well, joining in the fray.

Now I will probably have to save Areuakoi, seeing they are taking quite the beating from Lusotannan.

This is on VH/VH turn 124, winter 242 BC, with the new CAI from around turn 100+
    Last edited by Walincas; August 29, 2014 at 04:03 AM. Reason: trying to upload

I got Steam version and it works fine with me.

I'm using steam and it was not compatible, but for others it was different, I guess it depends on your campaign then?

I'm using steam and it was not compatible, but for others it was different, I guess it depends on your campaign then?
    hmmm did you delete the map.rwm file?

I hope this doesnt change the slow development of campaign, it seems like everyone will be at war with everyone, which I dont really prefer, even tho its called total war
    I choose to die on my feet, rather than live on my knees!

Quote Originally Posted by mr mojo risin View Post
    hmmm did you delete the map.rwm file?
    Yep, I did it all, and nothing works, the save games crash the game, I can start a new campaign though.

Quote Originally Posted by Funeh View Post
    I hope this doesnt change the slow development of campaign, it seems like everyone will be at war with everyone, which I dont really prefer, even tho its called total war
    yes it is very much in keeping with the slow campaign,
    start a new campaign to test properly though and make back ups of the files involved..
    but if you feel that it is not for you and you are happy then thats fine.

Yep, I did it all, and nothing works, the save games crash the game, I can start a new campaign though.
    thanks for the feedback.to test properly it has to be a new campaign.

yeah i will definitly start the new one, it was kinda strange movements when I continued old campaign...
    Well I didnt like the old CAI coz it was very easy game even on VH, so I will give a try to this one...
    I choose to die on my feet, rather than live on my knees!