Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: EB2 CAI 3.0 testing

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: EB team's NEW CAMPAIGN AI RELEASE TEST

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    AI in V2 is doing lots of naval invasions which is very nice. Sicily turned into a state of total war with Epeiros landing a full stack, Carthage landing 2 full stacks, even Rome took half a stack with ships into there. (not through the land bridge).

Seleukeia landed a full stack on Crete and Rhodes too. (though they didnt capture it since i, as pergamon, ninja'd them and besieged first)

But i think Arche Seleukeia and Ptolemaioi gotta be more aggresive to each other. Turn 120 and Ptolemaioi lost the 2 cities south of Pergamon, but that is it.

Anyway those two CAI versions will stay as it is now or are you going to do further updates until the official release of the next patch?
    That all sounds great, but wouldn't worry about the Seleukids and Ptolemies, they weren't in a constant state of war.

Yeah i know, but what i am saying is that, in my game they have been at war from turn 0 to turn 120, and only 2 cities were captured, and in palestine and syria no actions at all.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Ptolemies are loosing settlements because the east is too passive to seleukids, it means they have to deal with only one enemy - ptolemaioi.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Pedro II View Post
    Ptolemies are loosing settlements because the east is too passive to seleukids, it means they have to deal with only one enemy - ptolemaioi.
    The east recognise that seleukids are powerful and they will not attack for it would be foolish they should be building an invasion invasion force though ,
    can someone have a look and see if they are stack building in the east?

The east recognise that seleukids are powerful and they will not attack for it would be foolish they should be building an invasion invasion force though ,
    can someone have a look and see if they are stack building in the east?

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Well if they all dogpiled the AS they wouldn't be in trouble then.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Well if they all dogpiled the AS they wouldn't be in trouble then.
    that may well happen.

Do you mean for next update?

Do you mean for next update?
    if it doesnt happen in this version then something may be applied yes ,
    there is much work to do in balance, scripting and adding more challenge and immersion.

In my recent campaigns, the seleukids lives peacefully in the east, no threats at all after almost 200 turns.

In my recent campaigns, the seleukids lives peacefully in the east, no threats at all after almost 200 turns.
    can you have a look at the stack situation over there and report your findings.

In my Ptolemaioi with 96 turns campaign there are no stacks at all in the east, just some 3 half-stacks near alexandropolis by the baktrioi and the Pahlava hasn't a single stack.

The situation on the test campaign of 160 turns is similar, no real threat near the seleukid borders.

I think if the eastern factions start with more armies or more money, they could threaten the seleukids on early games.
    Last edited by Dom Pedro II; August 31, 2014 at 05:10 PM.

In my Ptolemaioi with 96 turns campaign there are no stacks at all in the east, just some 3 half-stacks near alexandropolis by the baktrioi and the Pahlava hasn't a single stack.

The situation on the test campaign of 160 turns is similar, no real threat near the seleukid borders.

I think if the eastern factions start with more armies or more money, they could threaten the seleukids on early games.
    Cheers , yep looks like it could do with a boost.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Don't wish to complicate things, but apart from a little more money and bigger starting army, could not a script, on the lines of Baktria independence kick in? It could cause the Parthian satrapy to rebel leaving it open to Pahlava invasion?
    I realise it overly simplifies the geopolitical circumstances at the time and that, the mod is about changing history but it is just a suggestion.
    I am a little obsessed with at least the first 60-100 years playing out nearly as was.
    Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; September 01, 2014 at 03:08 AM.

I'm shocked to see that the Arche Seleukeia is passive on most campaigns.
    I'm playing as Pontus and i can't take a breath!
    I've taken Ani-Kaman with my starting army (impossible to take Sinope and Ankyra) and Trapezounta a few turns later.
    The Ptolemaioi have been kicked out of Asia Minor by the Pergamenese by turn 60.
    The Seleukids attacked me at Amaseia but i won the siege.
    I have taken Sinope around turn 80 and found Mazaka poorly guarded and took it as well. Since then all hell broke loose!
    The Seleukids are contantly attacking me sending full stacks every 10 turns.
    Seleukos himself along with three Generals came after Amaseia and i beat them at the small bridge near the settlement!
    The Pergamenese besieged me at least three times with full stacks at Mazaka.
    WHen i found a window of opportunity i took Ankyra with my victorious (and multiple times retrained) army.
    So enough action for me!

My only complain is that the AI doesn't attack one enother. Thus the Pergamos and Seleukeia only attack me and never each other, eventhough they constantly move through each other's borders. They don't have an "public" alliance.

I'm currently at turn 105 and playing at M/M difficulty.

Barlind's Avatar Foederatus

My game as Bactria VH campaign. Changed from CAI 1 to CAI 2 around turn 50. Now at 125th turn:

The game really developed sometime after 75th turn.
    While Rome expanded to the north and east (naval invasion of dalmatia in the first turns of game), Carthage seized Sicily, staged naval invasion of Massila first and then slowly crawled up by land though eastern iberian coast. Rome's armies were too busy last 10 turns, and now even southern Italy is in Carthage hands. Epeiros has a large army there, but doesnt do anything.
    Massila and Carthage were in constant state of war during most of the campaign, however now things settled down. There have truce now for some 20 turns at least.
    Lugiones were really aggressive and expanded a lot to the east. Sweboz less so, they had problems with rebellions.
    Pritanoi were really slow in expanding. Probably too strong independant armies.
    Bosphorians were completely passive whole game, didn't capture any territory so far. Pergamon little less so, they captured Bithnya, but lost it to Makedonia. Pontos is in the same league, captured a few regions, however they couldn't hold em.
    Eperios, Makedonia & KH: There was really a lot going on in Greece. All-out war, each faction for itself. At some point KH possessed Peloponnese, Byzantium and laying siege to Tessalia; Epeiros besieging Pella and Makedonia threatening epeiros's homeland with large armies. Lately, KH lost a lot of regions, and Epeiros & Makedonia focused more on outside regions. Oh, and Crete's been immensely popular: so far it was in the KH, Epeiros and Makedonia's hands - until the Seleucids said enough and took it for themselves .
    Otherwise, the Seleucids were very passive. As Bactria, I was very careful to pay them tribute annualy - until I'm strong enough for good 'ol backstab. Parthia took only one settlement. Probably they're waiting for me (Bactria) to rebel .
    Saka are just sitting. They are out of independant regions to expand to, and are - perhaps too much - afraid of attacking neighbor factions.
    Taksashila is expanding, slowly. There was a notable difference in their activity after changing to CAI-2. Before, they were completly static.
    The Ptolemaioi were possibly the most passive faction, considering their power.

To sum up my CAI-2 campaign:
    - it's great!
    - the AI isnt afraid of using a naval invasions (Rome, Carthage, KH, Seleucids, Epeiros,...)
    - lots of diplomacy
    - lot of smart decisions from the AI (Carthage took advantage of Rome's eastern focus and opened two front war!)

Things I'd love to see:
    -Some small factions (Pergamon, Pritanoi,) should be more bold. They have nothing to lose if they, once a decade or two, try to expand.
    -The really big factions (Ptolemaioi & Seleucids in particular) are afraid to use its power. If the east is quiet for the Arche Seleukeia (like in my game, where we have a solid alliance and "outstanding" relations), they should confidently engage in a regional war in the west.
    -If a faction, like Saka Rauka, has nowhere to expand to, it should, after a period of consolidating power, try attacking a (weaker?) neighbor faction

Otherwise, the second CAI patch is great! Thank you!!!

if you are interested in the stack situation
    for my game in turn 230 or so
    the seleukids had 10 times my armies and i had 3 stacks aka 30 stacks !!! but keep in mind thats from the faction summary panel, so 3 or 4 are garrisons and fleets
    the romans the turn after passed them in military power so...

Quote Originally Posted by anonimo272 View Post
    if you are interested in the stack situation
    for my game in turn 230 or so
    the seleukids had 10 times my armies and i had 3 stacks aka 30 stacks !!! but keep in mind thats from the faction summary panel, so 3 or 4 are garrisons and fleets
    the romans the turn after passed them in military power so...
    is this with the 500 movement points? yes?

yes
    forgot to add that s:

I am now at 100 turns playing the Ptolemaioi, no one ever attacked me except for Pergamon sieging on of the psf under my control. I control almost all psf around the black sea, in Magna graecia, Sicily and Thrace along those in Coele Syria and Egypt itself. I am now conquering Greece and Macedon since the Seleukids are completely passive. So i wonder if i had the fix installed corectly or if it still doesn't work.