Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: EB2 CAI 3.0 testing

Default Re: EB team's NEW CAMPAIGN AI RELEASE TEST

Quote Originally Posted by LinusLinothorax View Post
    I continued my Pergamon campaign at turn 49 with the new AI. The changes are easy to spot: Before the new ai, Greece was filled with full - and halfstacks just standing around or deployed in cites/forts. Immediatly after the activation Macedonia moved to Athen, i am prepared for a big war for Greece. I also spoted that Pontos finall decided to move at Ankara. The Romani declared a truce with Epeiros (They already took Taras, so a truce seems plausible) and the Ptolemaics declared a truce with AS, which is not that authentic. Imo they should stay enemies until there is one side victorius and took two or three cities from the other. Also the Romani are at war with Carthage now.
    So way more action right now.
    you will find that Ptolemaics and AS will ebb and flow with one another until it explodes, this AI is very active and the player will have multiple decisions to make,
    thank you for your feedback in this early testing ohase.

Great work!

Seljuq Prince's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Funeh View Post
    Well, it is exactly day and night compared to the old CAI... I have seem some strange thing..

Started Macedonian campaign, and things were like this in a first 5 turns:

1) KH declared a truce with me, I accepted
    2) Selucids and Ptolemai declared a war on each other, only to declare truce next turn, and another next turn became allies :/
    3) epeiros declared truce with Rome, next turn became allies.

This is all in like first 5 turns, you get diplomatic reports every turn... I think this CAI is overly too active, doing diplomatic negotiations all the time and kinda non sense.

I think something in between the old CAI and the new one would do the thing...
    The same happened to me too, except Rome and epirus didnt became allies.. Very active diplomacy going on now, and I become thinking twice before declaring war anyone actulally..

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by mr mojo risin View Post
    you will find that Ptolemaics and AS will ebb and flow with one another until it explodes, this AI is very active and the player will have multiple decisions to make,
    thank you for your feedback in this early testing ohase.
    Np, i will give you also feedback when i reached the endgame.

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

I dont have the "campaign\base directory" only maps inside of world directory

Senator

Okay playing as KB the Getai just besieged my two western cities at the same time and I'm not sure if I can hold Olbia,the Sauromatae are bothering my northern and eastern border so I can't send my Royal army to deal with the Getai.It seems to work a bit too good and I actually planned to attack some of the bigger cities one the southern coastline.
    Last edited by Sint; August 29, 2014 at 09:28 AM.
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

Quote Originally Posted by Sint View Post
    Okay playing as KB the Getai just besieged my two western cities at the same time and I'm not sure if I can hold Olbia,the Sauromatae are bothering my northern and eastern border so I can't send my Royal army to deal with the Getai.It seems to work a bit too good and I actually planned to attack some of the bigger cities one the southern coastline.
    did you start being hostile? or did they just act on you as you were minding your own business??

Quote Originally Posted by Choki View Post
    I dont have the "campaign\base directory" only maps inside of world directory
    do you have base folder is inside maps?

Yeah in my experience the Ptolemaioi-Arche diplomacy is acting wierd. Like people mentioned, at war one turn, bff's the next.

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by mr mojo risin View Post
    do you have base folder is inside maps?
    Yes, done, thanks mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis88 View Post
    Yeah in my experience the Ptolemaioi-Arche diplomacy is acting wierd. Like people mentioned, at war one turn, bff's the next.
    noted.

Senator

did you start being hostile? or did they just act on you as you were minding your own business??
    The Getai atacked me,but the Sauromatae were peacefull for a long time until they blocked one of my ports after that I pillaged some of their camps,so they hate me.
    I will play a bit, maybe I can make peace with the getai after I stopped their attacks.
    Last edited by Sint; August 29, 2014 at 11:43 AM.

Nerva's Avatar Ordinarius

I've noted a great improvement in the AI's behaviour, however it is true that the diplomacy is being a little bit weird, witg previous enemies suddenly allying eachother. My greatest remark is carthage invading segesta a managing to keep it and even reach peace with Rome.

Senator

The Getai atacked me,but the Sauromatae were peacefull for a long time until they blocked one of my ports after that I pillaged some of their camps,so they hate me.
    I will play a bit, maybe I can make peace with the getai after I stopped their attacks.
    Well I lost both cities(damn falx) and a good loyal general,but I was able to retake Olbia. I also managed to beat the Getai FL and his nearly fullstack,I'm currently trying to get some money to strike back.
    And this is the first time in my whole total war history that I'm close to losing a campaign(VH/M).

I AM BEYOND PUMPED TO PLAY TONIGHT.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOYA

Thanks guys!!!

THE P-MAN
    Chuck Norris can make a paraplegic run for his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerva View Post
    I've noted a great improvement in the AI's behaviour, however it is true that the diplomacy is being a little bit weird, witg previous enemies suddenly allying eachother. My greatest remark is carthage invading segesta a managing to keep it and even reach peace with Rome.
    Im working on the diplomacy.

This is great! Continued from my pergamon campaign. Though the old CAI was working very good in my campaign. But this defnitelly made it better. There is a state of total war going on in Greece between me as Pergamon, KH, Epeiros versus Makedon, AND Makedon has almost conquered both Epeiros and KH twice. The tide turned a little, and our alliance had all the makedon cities but 2, this is the third time i thought Makedon was completely destroyed and that the war would end at the speed of my armies movement towards their last 2 cities, but they got back up, recaptured 2 cities from Epeiros, and im about to enter a battle against them in Demetria where i got 2k and they 4k. And they still got another 2 full stacks around....

Im definitelly making an AAR out of this campaign!

ps: hard campaign medium battles
    Last edited by Wulfburk; August 29, 2014 at 01:29 PM.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Actual game:
    Playing as Makedonia on M/M
    I have installed the mod at turn 65 and now i'm at turn 86.

- AI is few more agressive. For exemple, Ptolemaioi block my ports more often than before.
    - AI land armies do not look more agressive, but my powerful neighbours are not at war with me.
    - Diplomatie is far more interesting. Many AI factions asked me for alliances, trade agreements etc... and they declare war, make peace et each other more often.

So, for now, i'm happy about this upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by General Grievous View Post
    Actual game:
    Playing as Makedonia on M/M
    I have installed the mod at turn 65 and now i'm at turn 86.

- AI is few more agressive. For exemple, Ptolemaioi block my ports more often than before.
    - AI land armies do not look more agressive, but my powerful neighbours are not at war with me.
    - Diplomatie is far more interesting. Many AI factions asked me for alliances, trade agreements etc... and they declare war, make peace et each other more often.

So, for now, i'm happy about this upgrade.
    Note it is recommended you set campaign diffculty to Hard or Very Hard as that's what the game is balanced for!

Quote Originally Posted by Moros View Post
    Note it is recommended you set campaign diffculty to Hard or Very Hard as that's what the game is balanced for!
    Sure, i will try a Carthage VH campain soon. and post another feedback.