Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021

Thread: EB2 CAI 3.0 testing

Laetus

Default Re: EB2 CAI 3.0 testing

I am new to participating in the forums at twcenter but I am a huge Europa Barbarorum fan! I only discovered the RTW games a couple of years ago and have been playing pretty much exclusively EB since. I will save my glowing reviews for another forum but I wanted to volunteer to help with some of the testing with EBII and I have a question as to whether or not I am working with the latest versions of the patches that are out.

Mainly this- The CAI and BAI files that have been put out for testing, do they both need to be installed or does this CAI 3.0 incorporate the BAI changes? I noticed they both have a config_ai_battle xml file I'm trying to confirm what I need to have installed in terms of CAI/BAI patches to be on the latest version.

link to the BAI information-
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...AI-1-0-testing

I will say I have installed this update (CAI 3.0) and I did notice a big difference in the campaign AI. I think for the first time ever playing EB the rebel faction laid siege to one of my cities. Then later I headed up from Khiva to Gava Alana (I think) and fought that huge rebel army on the open field, and after they kicked my butt pretty good they followed me back to Khiva and laid siege. That was kind of a pleasant surprise but I wasn't sure if they were supposed to be doing that or not!

I would be happy to help in any way I can and would like to open the dialogue as I am a really big fan and love this game.
    Thanks for your help.

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Quote Originally Posted by acceptimus View Post
    I am new to participating in the forums at twcenter but I am a huge Europa Barbarorum fan! I only discovered the RTW games a couple of years ago and have been playing pretty much exclusively EB since. I will save my glowing reviews for another forum but I wanted to volunteer to help with some of the testing with EBII and I have a question as to whether or not I am working with the latest versions of the patches that are out.

Mainly this- The CAI and BAI files that have been put out for testing, do they both need to be installed or does this CAI 3.0 incorporate the BAI changes? I noticed they both have a config_ai_battle xml file I'm trying to confirm what I need to have installed in terms of CAI/BAI patches to be on the latest version.

link to the BAI information-
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...AI-1-0-testing

I will say I have installed this update (CAI 3.0) and I did notice a big difference in the campaign AI. I think for the first time ever playing EB the rebel faction laid siege to one of my cities. Then later I headed up from Khiva to Gava Alana (I think) and fought that huge rebel army on the open field, and after they kicked my butt pretty good they followed me back to Khiva and laid siege. That was kind of a pleasant surprise but I wasn't sure if they were supposed to be doing that or not!

I would be happy to help in any way I can and would like to open the dialogue as I am a really big fan and love this game.
    Thanks for your help.
    If you want to help, post here:
    http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...post2053625004
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

mgabor27's Avatar Tiro

Hello!

Two days before I have downloaded 2.01. and I have found the campaign AI rather passive. I'm playing on VH/VH and remember that some mods works better and sometimes are more difficult on H/H for example. May I play on different level? I don't know. I really loved the original EB and this new one seems to be great too but it would be more challenging. So I would like to ask that the 2.01. patch of EBII consists of CAI or I must install seperate this?