Thread: Issue Connecting with Friends on Steam with Vanilla Rome and Modded Rome

Default Issue Connecting with Friends on Steam with Vanilla Rome and Modded Rome

Hi, I redeemed my copy of rome anthology on steam and got vanilla rome and the barbarian invasion expansion (,but Alexander doesn't seem to be in my library).

I am trying to get Europa Barbarorum (EB) to work on Steam to play multiplayer. I managed to get to the lobby but my friend, who says that he is also in the lobby, isn't there. I tried rejoining the lobby and even restarting EB rome via the trivial script but the issue persisted. I noticed that my lobby contained games fom players using Barbarian Invasion 1.3.

Then, I tried to join vanilla rome multiplayer with another friend. He was in the lobby but I didn't see his name in the lobby. He then made a game for me to check if I can see it. I saw the game he hosted, "can you read this?" but it said the game was from another mod, "Barbarian Invasion 1.3". He was using vanilla rome and not BI to join multiplayer.

So the problem is that I can't see my friends on modded or even vanilla Rome via steam.
    So any ideas on how to resolve this?

Default Re: Issue Connecting with Friends on Steam with Vanilla Rome and Modded Rome

The issue is no longer occurring. It stopped but I don't know why. Now I can play modded rome with other players but I still can't see some of their names when in the room or in the lobby.