Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: RELEASED (pre-alpha)

croater's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: RELEASED (pre-alpha)

Hi, this mod should be really cool, the variety of factions are one of the best i seen. Of course i know this is pre-alpha, but i will just say i have CTD just like JohnD18 when i try to select Byzantium, common CTD in factions menu, and CTD whenever i try to exit from the game or campaign. But the thing i dont like are those small settlements in every province, well i would personally reduce that number and introduce only the biggest and most important one, probably they will cause lag when all map will be visible. And i hope that those unit pictures that look like some old medieval pictures will not be present in future release. But the best thing in this release is music, its just fantastic.

i must say i like the original idea too use those medieval pictures as unit cards,in the begin you just got too get used by them,then they really look original and cool.

Quote Originally Posted by stevietheconquer View Post
    i must say i like the original idea too use those medieval pictures as unit cards,in the begin you just got too get used by them,then they really look original and cool.
    Well, they are good becouse they should represent the real look of the unit in medieval times, and of course most people can adapt to that new feature, but there is many number of peoples who dont like that kind of thing just like in RTW 2. Unit cards from previous Total War games are just classic and people love them. My suggestion is to make an optional file to put this unit cards after installation. But the creators will make there choice and whatever it be ill still love it becouse this mod have great potential, and the thing that i love more then unit cards is unit models and they are awesome . So keep up the good work!

I would like to announce that several people applied for DotS development and some work has already been produced. I will be releasing patches for this version of the mod as the new content becomes available! Stay tuned.

Mod Leader, Mapper & Bohemian Researcher

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Great news Hopefully more help will come and progress will continue at least until a first stable full version is reached

Good luck!

Will these new patches include any new units...?? And is it possible for to just put in a few new units?

Great news! this mod really looks cool!
    I wish i could help but i am such a newbie with modding.
    i just work portugal looks good
    and Hungary seems like part of magyar mod? Lovely! i just hope they dont have like 5 different cavalry arches, just magyar cavalry would do, with the nobles and plus some small infantry as well as the magyar swordmen

the game looks so unique under this mod. i am really looking forward, i reaaaaally wish i could help somehow, but i am pretty unexperienced with modding as well as i dont have experience with 3d modeling

didn't expect such announcement that soon
    great news

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
    I would like to announce that several people applied for DotS development and some work has already been produced. I will be releasing patches for this version of the mod as the new content becomes available! Stay tuned.
    great news

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Fantastic
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Congratz on the release! Cant wait to try it tonight!

Magmaniac's Avatar Civis

I just saw this. Best gaming news I've heard in months. Can anyone post some ingame screenshots?
    Good luck to the dev team!
    Insatiable as the flame, I burn, and consume myself.

Great news! God bless all those helping

Hi Resurection when are you guys going to include the new units? because it looks like they are the same vanilla units.

Quote Originally Posted by Napoli23 View Post
    Hi Resurection when are you guys going to include the new units? because it looks like they are the same vanilla units.
    It's the early Alpha version so new units aren't included....yet.

Je télécharges tout de suite, il faut dire qu'on ne savait plus si ce mod verrait le jour.

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Napoli23 View Post
    We will not be making any new units. We have some of our own units already to go, which can be seen in our preview sections. However, we have had to use new skins and models from other mods in order to represent our maximum slots of 500 historical units. That in itself is a great acheivement: our research. The next release may not have lots of non-vanilla looking units in the game but they will behave different and represent military history like you have never seen it before. Our plan has always to be able to improve, enrich and add more skins and models so that the look of the units is as historical as possible- so we take what we can from other mods and have made some of our own where possible. Currently we have no one working on new skins and models, only coders implementing the massive amount of planning and research that we have accumulated over the years.

Would it be possible to show some pics of the campaign map of roman empire here?

Hi Hengest thank you for your reply so than what you are saying is that you are going to include your orginal DOTS units..? and if so when will you put them into the alpha beta?