Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: RELEASED (pre-alpha)

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Default Re: RELEASED (pre-alpha)

Quote Originally Posted by anonimo272 View Post
    against the bugs ?

Truly a great dark medieval(ish) feel when playing this unbelievable mod.
    Really love the sphere of music when playing Georgia....

A pity there are only peasants available BUT no crash experienced yet during menu, campaign or siege: very good !
    Last edited by Celtoi; September 03, 2014 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Txtformat

Is there special instructions for the steam version or am i just stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by Deutscher Kaiser View Post
    I'm hoping as well.
    totally forgot about this mod, sry. Thanks for the teams work and im sure this mod will be played by many.

Imagine in 20 years loading up the old ancient desktop and playing some ME2TW mods like this, eb2 etc...... with your grandkids or what not, lol

Foederatus

Before EB2, right now DoTS. Another great news. Only Anatolian Principalities wait for their release.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordofllamas View Post
    Is there special instructions for the steam version or am i just stupid?
    The same instructions apply. The steam M2TW installation is typically under C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Medieval II Total War

Mod Leader, Mapper & Bohemian Researcher

So because this is (pre-alpha) France crashing on turn two is known, or is it just my install? Please respond?

Quote Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
    The same instructions apply. The steam M2TW installation is typically under C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Medieval II Total War
    When i activate the .bat file it comes up with an error that the kingdoms.exe does not exist.

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Because of the new steam patch from a little while ago the kingdoms.exe was merged into medieval2.exe

To be able to run any current M2TW mod with the steam version of the game you have to copy medieval2.exe and rename the copy kingdoms.exe, then you can use Kingdoms Launcher App or however it's called to add mods to Steam M2TW, or other tools/methods. Replacing a kingdoms official campaign with a mod isn't very good as it's possible Steam will redownload and overwrite the mod.

Might be good to add a notice about this for steam users in the OP.
    Last edited by Vipman; September 04, 2014 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vipman View Post
    Because of the new steam patch from a little while ago the kingdoms.exe was merged into medieval2.exe

To be able to run any current M2TW mod with the steam version of the game you have to copy medieval2.exe and rename the copy kingdoms.exe, then you can use Kingdoms Launcher App or however it's called to add mods to Steam M2TW, or other tools/methods. Replacing a kingdoms official campaign with a mod isn't very good as it's possible Steam will redownload and overwrite the mod.

Works great now thanks.

Thanks mate, added to OP.

Mod Leader, Mapper & Bohemian Researcher

Would you take a moment to answer this? So because this is (pre-alpha) is France crashing on turn two known, or is it just my install? Please respond? Thank you.

Aragorn1963's Avatar Biarchus

I'm most certainly going to try this out. Looks superb. One question, where is the music (the drums) in the trailer from? It sends shivers down my spine. Sensational.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Manteuffel View Post
    Would you take a moment to answer this? So because this is (pre-alpha) is France crashing on turn two known, or is it just my install? Please respond? Thank you.
    Well yes it's called pre-alpha because it's not yet alpha or even beta version. If you would have read the thread you'd know the mod was released mostly in the stage it got until now or else it would be on hold anyway, and also there are things missing and bugs/crashes for other factions not just France and they have to be fixed. The mod isn't supposed to be maybe even partially playable yet, it's a release with the hope to get more help in actually making the mod. At least from what I understood reading the posts.

To answer your question, France crashing on turn two might be known, or maybe not, but very probably it wasn't fixed until now. And only thing that has a chance of helping is to post the (trace) log after the crash happens. And sorry but this doesn't mean I can help you after you post it, but there are other experienced persons that could help. If no one replies here you can try asking for help in the mod workshop. I don't think it's because of your install but you can try redownloading and reinstalling.

Well yes it's called pre-alpha because it's not yet alpha or even beta version. If you would have read the thread you'd know the mod was released mostly in the stage it got until now or else it would be on hold anyway, and also there are things missing and bugs/crashes for other factions not just France and they have to be fixed. The mod isn't supposed to be maybe even partially playable yet, it's a release with the hope to get more help in actually making the mod. At least from what I understood reading the posts.

To answer your question, France crashing on turn two might be known, or maybe not, but very probably it wasn't fixed until now. And only thing that has a chance of helping is to post the (trace) log after the crash happens. And sorry but this doesn't mean I can help you after you post it, but there are other experienced persons that could help. If no one replies here you can try asking for help in the mod workshop. I don't think it's because of your install but you can try redownloading and reinstalling.
    Okay, well thank YOU for responding. This is the third time I posted about this and my first does have the trace log. So now I understand that this is far from playable. Strange that it's in this state and yet it's been in development for several years. I can see why they're looking for help. Still looks promising!

i have tested playing france and i got further then 2 turns,i hit 4 times the end turn button and no crash,even i could not see the turns i have already played.

MEGA mirror asks for some Decryption key, wut???
    torrent it is then xD

Quote Originally Posted by Arandir Tur-Anion View Post
    This is the correct link, the one in the OP is wrong, it's the shortened version of link instead of the full link (the site automatically shortens long links in posts and puts 3 dots in the middle of it).

@Ressurection, to get the full link right click on the link in the quote and select Copy link address. Or open in new tab and copy the link. And put this link in the OP

Okay, well thank YOU for responding. This is the third time I posted about this and my first does have the trace log. So now I understand that this is far from playable. Strange that it's in this state and yet it's been in development for several years. I can see why they're looking for help. Still looks promising!
    Oh... I'm sorry for sounding like that, I should have checked first...
    Last edited by Vipman; September 05, 2014 at 01:36 PM.

Awesome guys! It's great to see this wonderful project is still going on strong! Good luck to you lads!

JohnD18's Avatar Libertus

I CAN'T TAKE THE ROMANS! ANY FIX? ONLY THE ROMANS I CANT TAKE!