Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: RELEASED (pre-alpha)

stoogeofstooges's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: RELEASED (pre-alpha)

Does this contain any of the new units you guys previewed? I was looking through the unit_info folder but all the pictures are historical art pieces, which is a nice idea btw.

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Full family trees are missing as well.
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Thank you everyone for the support! Remember though that this is really a pre-alpha release that should give you idea of DotS - it is not really much playable yet as announced.

Quote Originally Posted by stoogeofstooges View Post
    Does this contain any of the new units you guys previewed? I was looking through the unit_info folder but all the pictures are historical art pieces, which is a nice idea btw.
    This release does not include the new unit models. We have them, of course, along with many hundreds of others we have gathered or obtained over the time. They are part of the resources that can be made available on demand. It is not hard to code them in using Rebuild (since you do not really have to concern yourself with modeldb) but this process is tedious, error-prone and we did not get around to it yet (partly becasue the unit list was not completely finalized yet with few entries yet pending final decision at the time the production was under way). In this release are therefore placeholder models - around 20 repeating models from vanilla M2TW and Kingdoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Deutscher Kaiser View Post
    Full family trees are missing as well.
    Sadly yes and the reason for this was that the DotS Code spreadsheets got out of sync with the mod files. As a result the code for the family trees (that is present in DotS Code) had to be disabled for now before the errors could be fixed. Again, we never got it as it means sifting through literally thousands of characters...

As you can see many parts of the mod are just waiting to be added... battle models and family trees are good examples.

Mod Leader, Mapper & Bohemian Researcher

i assume that's because it's pre alpha many stuff is missing

stoogeofstooges's Avatar Decanus

Can we expect a release of the unit material? Or will that remain under lock and key until further notice?

thanks you for this beta release,and yes i would like too see the unit material too as you got manny great units,i see a great map manny factions that other mods don't have,forts thats forts that giving you money are interesting too and manny events happen

I'm wondering who actually could help finishing the mod. I don't want to see it end like this. The map and the immersion are too promising.

Anyone crashes after two turns??

Just a thought I had, but you guys are really strong with mapping, historical content and tools.

Bellum Crucis, which is also very nice mod with very good mechanics and many nice models, has lost its main mapper. What if you guys would team up and make a super mod?

hull19's Avatar Ordinarius

Very nice guys, so glad I came to TWC for the first time in a year! Got a nice pre-alpha to play with...
    SS 6.4, Eras 2.3, DotS Project
    The first computer you had always was the best.
    R.I.P. 2001-2011

GREAT. waiting this mod since i know for myself. downloading it

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Ι believe this deserves a front page announcement.

I agree. More people have to take notice.

I knew it would be a great mod. It looks good for now. What I really like most is the campaign objectives. You don't have to conquer 45 regions anymore in order to win. Some small factions just need ten regions, some bigger factions 15 and strong factions like the Great Seljuqk Empire up to 30. So if you play as France you don't have to invade half Europe in order to win, just the regions of modern France and some others in the Low countries. Historically France united all of those territoies only after 1453, so I guess that it will be touch to do that on this mod. Guys you are the best!

woah...excellent!!

Unit models cannot be freely re-distributed as they are only part (smaller part) our work. They are the collection we put together for DotS use and unfortunately we cannot with clear conscience release them all. To separate our work and other stuff is possible but I don't think anyone from the team that could do it have enough free time and/or interest in doing so... All I can offer is access to them to anyone willing to help us put them into the DotS. Alternatively I can grant access on per request basis so you can sift through them, select those you would like to re-use and I will tell you if you can (if they are ours or someone else's). I know it is a shame but there are other great resources we gathered that will likely not get used.
    Last edited by Resurrection; August 29, 2014 at 12:08 PM.

Mod Leader, Mapper & Bohemian Researcher

leo45's Avatar Laetus

It crashes to me first when i selected Byzantinum empire and then in 4th turn when it was Byzantinum empire turn.

Hi! Will it be possible to release this as a torrent for the more wifi-challenged ones on this forum? Thanks...

Congrats on the work though. From the descriptions, it sounds brilliant.

The same happened to me. I even can't go at the 2nd turn because of the problem of Byzantium. I already reported it to Resurrection. Anyway is just pre-Alpha, just to get an idea of this great mod.