Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: EB 2.X AI Faction Progression Thread

Default Re: EB 2.X AI Faction Progression Thread

Turn 100 Koinon Hellenon H/H

In war with Boioi, Saka Rauka and Pergamon.
    Have found Congress and built Allied League buildings plenty, next need 4 archons with different background and send em to Korinthos.

f0ndiE^'s Avatar Civis

Turn 311 Bospo.

Main army:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Some stats and diplomacy:

All factions:

Turn 201 Rome VH/VH. Punic Wars are in full swing against Carthaginians.

CAI is pretty impressive with its naval invasions. Greeks visiting Italian peninsula.

And around turn 140ish Pyrrhus took whole Sicily for Epirotes.

f0ndiE^'s Avatar Civis

Turn 407.

Leusitane 2.2g h/m

turn 100

turn 150-200

only turn 200
    [IMG]
    [/IMG]

Lots of fleet using and naval invasions! Both Makedonians, Lugians and Baktrians were once destroyed but reemerged/horded.. I don't remember ever seeing a peace treaty or a alliance being signed between the AI (though I managed to get allied to Areuakoi and Massylians). More information and feedback to follow in the 2.2g thread.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

That's good to see, I was wondering whether the naval invasions would still work.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

f0ndiE^'s Avatar Civis

V2.2J I'm playing as Pergamon. Maps for turns 1-200,each one after 40 turns(10 years).
    Spoiler for maps

I noticed AI still have problems to make peace in some situations like two superpowers never make peace, or after naval invasions. Like Ptolemaioi and Seleukea are in war from start, but they aren't fighting for decades. Factions with naval force often make an invasion and then they are stuck in that war forever, but not fighting. Greeks, for example, are in wars with 8 factions, but they fight only with two. It would be nice if AI could remember last fight, and if there are no more fights for few years, they should change their warlike stance,no matter how strong they are.

Also, I haven't seen no alliances, just mine and Seleukea holding their pets.

EDIT added two next maps (240-280 turns)
    Last edited by YourMadDoc; April 08, 2017 at 05:35 PM. Reason: new maps

Pergamon 2.2l, h/m turn 150

2.2q , My little Bos Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by rovert View Post
    2.2q , My little Bos Kingdom
    RIP Seleukea. I had a feeling that factions are somehow more alive in 2.2q. They consumed independent provinces quite quickly and then went for brutal wars. I will try to post some maps from my campaign tomorrow.

Last edited by YourMadDoc; May 21, 2017 at 04:58 PM.

YourMadDoc - are the Bosporans about to re-emerge in your game?

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    YourMadDoc - are the Bosporans about to re-emerge in your game?
    They did yes. I played turns 140-145 twice and in the first try they reemerged in Pantikapaion when I lost it in an uprising. In second try I lost it also but they havent emerged. Pahlava is nomadic also, but only few turns.

Maps for turns 1,45,80,120,160,200 (version 2.2q, playng on H/VH as Saka Rauka)

I have noticed that AI likes to avoid heavily guarded provinces and attacking weaker ones.Before they preferred to attack a nearest province or naval invasions. It has created some interesting wars like Nabatean invasion into Egypt and Swebic conquest in Italy

It is also very difficult to make a peace fo me, I have to beat faction to dust or give them province and pay tribute, even if they are loosing. AI don't make a peace between each other at all. I was asked for ceasefire by Baktria to end starting war and there was one other peace report in first turns. Since then only report about new wars.

f0ndiE^'s Avatar Civis

Thats exactly the reason, why the version .f still stands as the best one. Please, figure this out already!

Quote Originally Posted by f0ndiE^ View Post
    Thats exactly the reason, why the version .f still stands as the best one. Please, figure this out already!
    Diplomacy in 2.2f wasn't good. I could take some provinces from enemy faction, then make peace whenever I wanted, stabilize provinces and bath in income from trade, then took more provinces and make a peace again. I betrayed my ally, stormed provinces on borders and made an alliance with them few turns later again. It was like playing against kitties.

Making peace should be difficult, faction should resist to aggressor if they have a chance to stand up or hold off long enough until aggressor will be engaged by another faction and then accept a favorable peace while gaining some province back. But it shouldn't be as difficult as it is now.

Bosporos had one province left, army destroyed and I tried to give them one province back and some money and they still refused. This should change. I was invaded by Hayastan, destroyed three of their armies, but they kept invading and I had no interest in that war so I tried to end it. They didn't want to hear about peace so I gave them one province and paid tribute and then they accepted. This should stay.

Not really AI progression, but a note about AI behaviour:
    In my current Pergamon game, I noticed that there is some "Galatian migration" towards Cappadocia. The rebel stacks spawned by the script and even units from the Ankyra garrison all wandered off to the city in the neighbouring rebel province. After I moved back some of those via console (I want my reforms, after all) the center of gravitation has shifted to some woodlands area at the border between Galatia and Cappadocia.

Version 2.2q / Hard campaign difficulty

This thread seems to have seen better days, lemme revive it with some recent AI progress
    Baktria H/M version 2.2q

Turn 50
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Baktriaturn50.png 
Views:	26 
Size:	167.3 KB 
ID:	346222

Turn 100

Name:	Baktriaturn100.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	167.0 KB 
ID:	346223

Turn 134 (finally got independent )

Name:	Baktriaturn134 239BC.png 
Views:	24 
Size:	166.3 KB 
ID:	346224

Turn 140 (figured it to be a good turn to take another screenie)

Name:	Baktriaturn140.png 
Views:	46 
Size:	166.0 KB 
ID:	346225

Some random points that I want to add
    - Sakas got destroyed in turn 100ish, first they got horded by pahlava and went straight to my lands, didn't end well for them
    - Yes numidia and hayastan absolutely didn't do squat for almost the entire campaign, eventually Carthage got tired and horded the numidians, but for hayastan they finally mustered enough courage to besiege Ani-Kamah recently
    - The Galatians didn't survive long in the war between Pergamon and Pontos, the war was so intense they even swapped capitals at some point (and they're both still going strong)
    - AI ptolemy's progress are painful to watch, first they lost to nabatu, and then carthage, and now saba, it's a wonder they still survived at this point
    - I didn't get to see much of punic wars action, but seeing rome duking it out with epirus in Illyria is quite the consolation
    -Sauro got wedged between KB and pahlava, first time seeing this
    - I sense an epic showdown coming in both iberia and gaul
    - Boii still got mauled by the sweboz, (they often did for me) It's going to be hard for them to recover

Overall I really enjoyed this campaign and I feel the CAI is much more dynamic now, props to the team

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

I might have overlooked it: how technically do you produce such neat maps?
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; June 17, 2017 at 05:58 AM.

I did not made the original map, it was made by CanOmer, a fellow TWC user, IIRC he/she shared it to the EBII forum a year ago

Here's a link to the original thread
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...+paintable+map

And since the link for his 2.2b version is broken feel free to use this one, I only altered it to suit the starting map for 2.2q

Name:	eb2map.png 
Views:	26 
Size:	166.2 KB 
ID:	346319

As for how to use it just open it on paint and use the bucket tool. Happy editing!