Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: EB 2.X AI Faction Progression Thread

Default Re: EB 2.X AI Faction Progression Thread

EB2.2b with 2.2c AI
    Lugiones turn 80 (h/m). This is before major war starting but... notice the KH on Sicily and the romans on Ilyria!!!!

EB2.2b with 2.2c AI
    Lugiones turn 150 (h/m)
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Yeah, the Massylians colonised Massalia
    Last edited by LusitanianWolf; October 23, 2016 at 03:30 PM.

Lusi your last radar map seems the right proportions. Usually its overstretched like in your previous screenshot. Changed something?

Nabatu 2.2d H/H turn 50

When I see your map it reminds me the development of Getai in my games is always very slow compared with others

they lack an additional or maybe 2 stetlements in the nord. That homeland area is basically covered by fog of war

Nabatu 2.2d H/H

turn 60

turn 70

turn 80

Nabatu 2.2d H/H

turn 60
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

turn 70

turn 80

Nabatu 2.2d H/H
    gif turns 50-150 progression (each 10 turns)

turn 150 only

Makedonia, 100 tuns. Only thing suspicious is Getai not expanding at all. Epiros and Pergamon were eliminated by me.

Edit: 150 turns in:

Interesting points: KH taking Sinope, Sweboz invading the Scotland, Getai finally expanded a bit after getting into a war with KB.
    Last edited by Sar1n; December 19, 2016 at 10:16 AM.

Apani's Avatar Senator

Saka H/M:

Now I realize they're pretty small...
    Last edited by Apani; December 19, 2016 at 01:31 PM.

After 250 turns...things look interesting.
    Carthage is in exile on Sicily, Sweboz pushed Luigies east, Aedui taking over almost whole France...Pritanoi were kicked off the continent but trying again, Ptolemaioi finally got the upper hand over Seleucids after the latter blockaded my port again, and I responded with taking southeast Anatolia from them....they lost ~15000 troops in process withi few turns.

I've been facing many naval invasions. Romans crossed the Adriatic three times, Carthage gave it a shot once but I moved my troops in quickly and they decided not to attack, recently Massylia, KB and Sarmatians tried a few invasions on west coast of Black Sea, Ptolemaioi invaded Crete....I wish I had like 50 turns of peace to reform and build up my armies.

Edit: oh, it looks like AI can have the supergrowth bug too. The town on Baleares is huge city now, I can't imagine how it could have happened without it.

[IMG]Screen Shot 2017-01-06 at 9.10.21 AM.png[/IMG]

Pergamon Campaign H/H
    2.2f

f0ndiE^'s Avatar Civis

201st turn. VH/VH, allied with Pergamon and Haystan. In war with Getai (soon to be vassals) and with Seleucid.

My main army:

My backup army which I use for supporting my main when they siege a city, for rebels and for keeping an order =). They can move fast and they can do wonders.

Nerva's Avatar Ordinarius

EB 2.2f Epeiros H/M:
    Turn 20:

I rush with my two armies against my two enemies and manage to take and hold Sparta and Pella, afterwards both of them and the Romans ask for peace, which seems ok at the time. Taking advantage of the current peace I take Rhegio and Thermon. Funny how now the KH seem to go directly for Cyrene.
    Turn 40:

I take Messana and both the Romans and Macedonia attack me. Sparta is barely saved from the Macedonians and the loose Demetrias, meanwhile a ragtag force of Illirians and Italians I assembled take Arpi(Lukeria) from the Romani. The red enemy then pays me tribute in exchange of peace while Corinthos is being seiged by my royal army. Nothing to comment on AI expansion so far.
    Turn 60:

Macedonia is destroyed by me. The Romani and the Carthaginians attack me at the same time, I loose Messana but my Illyrian/Italic army defeats a big Roman army at Capua and take the city. The city of Rome is left defenceless against my armies. Armenia and Baktria seem to be doing very well on their expansion.
    Turn 80:

I take Rome itself, sacking the city and accepting peace with the Roman remnant in northern italy. Meanwhile a big thracian rebel army is destroyed in Macedonia and Naissos is conquered by my royal army, that then pushes into Illyria and defeat two more stacks before it retreats to leave the seiges to my Illyrian army. Carthage offers me peace and I accept, I will turn on Sicily when I have the resources, but not yet. The Romans restart hostilities by attacking Rome. The Seleucids seem to be getting the best out of the Ptolies. The Black Sea (as usual it seems) becomes a craddle of conflict between numerous factions.
    Turn 100:

I ally the Boioi and the Getai to cover my northern borders. My Illyrian campaign finishes with Skodra and Delminion in my possesion. Then I attack Etruria and Umbria with all the forces I have available and conquer both, however, the KH attacks Corinth and I'm forced to redeploy my royal army to Attike, where Athens is conquered. Hayastan continues growing by attacking cities that rebel from the Seleucids. However the Seleucids are doing well and push all the way to Ammon, taking Aexandreia from the Ptolies. Carthage finally decides to expand on Iberian soil.
    Turn 120:

The war with the KH continues, I take Crete, Rhodes and Byzantion from them, but the Pergamese move their armies to take Byzantion when I remove my main armies from the area. I create a new Italic army (Roman style) and use it to take Felsina from the rebels. Pergamon itself is seiged by my Royal army after it finishes the siege of Rhodes. Peace is reache with the KH and I ally Pontus. The Seleucids continue their conquests against the Ptolies and push back Hayastan. Baktria breaks.
    Turn 140:

Pergamon looses all its barely guarded european provinces to my assault, Pergamon itself is sacked and then given to the remains of the KH in exchage of an alliance. Hayastan attacks Byzanton for some reason but are repulsed. The Seleucids take KH's african holdings and seem to defeat the Ptolies almost completely. KB is doing well.
    Turn 160:

Not much to report, I switch my alliance with the Boioi with one with the Auernoi and buy Massalia of them. KB attacks Tyllis but I manage to destroy its army, I land my Royal Army on the Crimean peninsula, but before any engagements happen, the offer me peace in exchange of giving me Skythiapolis, which I then give to my allies: the Getai. Pergamon launches raids on Byzantion every other year. The Seleucids stagnate. The Aedui run supreme in western europe. The Numidians are horded every other turn by Carthage but keep coming back.
    Turn 180:

Romans attack me one more time, they are really getting to my nerves and loose Medilanon. The Boioi attack me too, but after defeating them in battle in Northern Italy they give me Patava in exchage of peace. Pergamon takes Byzantion and Im forced to pay them for peace as my armies are busy in northern Italy. The Areuakoi show up near Massalia and Im forced to recruit a mercenary army to repel their attacks agaisnt the city itself, peace is reached before any retaliation takes place. The Pritanoi land on Gaul and take a couple of settlements. The Seleucids take Nabatean territory but in Hayastan they find a more difficult opponent. The Lusitani expell Carthage from Hispania.
    Turn 200:

As Carthage manages to finally take Syracuse, I decide it is finally time to bring Sicily into my empire. When I land my army in the island I'm surprised to find out that the Boioi are besieging Messana, so I take Syracuse and wait till the Carthaginians duke it out with the Boioi to advance towards Messana. Carthage offer peace and I get Messana out of the deal. The Romans attack me for the last time, their last army is destroyed and their last city in Liguria is besieged. Taking advantage of the Seleucids' attention turn towards Hay, the Ptolies expand south and into Arabia, where the Sabaeans are destroyed. Sweboz, Aedui and Pritanoi are in a tense cold/hot war that is declared every other turn but finished a couple of years later.
    Last edited by Nerva; January 17, 2017 at 08:42 PM.

Taksashila 2.2f h/m

Only turn 100

Turn 60-100 progression

Some Army Compositions

Statistics

Last edited by LusitanianWolf; January 18, 2017 at 04:11 PM.

Saka turn 323.

Baktria

After the initial ceasfire they took Chach whilst I concentrated on raiding the Eletheroi in Gava Alana. After a while they tried to expand further north and attacked me several times and after getting massacred on the steppes they sued for peace. I had already taken Alexandria E at this point and thankfully they didn't attack that settlement. They would repeat this for a while until my camps had been upgraded and I had enough money coming in and was strong enough to take both Chach and Marakanda. (the latter was lost through rebellion as the Baktrians kept expanding north they neglected a decent garrison). Eventually Baktria asked for a ceasefire because Taks was attacking Orthospana in the east. After I expanded into the tarim basin and getting the first two reforms I finally took Baktra. By 200+ Baktria was wiped out by Taka as they took Oskobara and Alexandria Archosia in the south.

Taka
    Kept themselves to themselves until 100+ and warred with Baktria for control of Orthospana and Alexandria Archosia. Forcing the Baktrians to give up their northern expansion. They had a few clashes with the AS but not as much as Pahlava

Pahlava
    Decided to attack me on the steppes so as to take Gava Saka...big mistake! I crushed their forces and they quickly asked for peace hahaha. THey did not bother me again. Remained fairly dormant until turn 100 when they started expanding south making AS lives a misery. Heketomplyos changed hands a few times until they finally seized control. Hrykania was also the same it changed hands several times and saw a few clashes with Hayasdan over control over teh western shore of the caspian sea.

AS
    Haven't got a friend in the world and are being carved up on all sides.

Sauromatae
    Expanded west during the early stages taking Waldawa and Descaims and then expanded east taking Alantai from me. They then sent huge stacks after me trying to take Gava saka. After a lot of battles they gave up and went back to fight the Hayasdan who had started expanding north. By that time they had pissed nearly all of their neighbours off and had to fight back northern invasions from KB and Luigniones and the Getai. Currently only fighting the Luigniones.

Hayasdan
    Are kicking ass at the moment. The look set to take over Babylon and the surrounding area. They had a lot of conflict with the Sauromatea and the KB whom they knocked back several times.

Pontos
    Is the dominant power in Turkey. But KB is still trying to take Sinope from them (lol)

Pergamon

Is almost spent as a force. the Getai have taken their capital from them and are heading south. Epieros is also besieging Rhodes.

Massaylia
    Have taken all of the Carthagians main cities and are fighting them for control of Sicily. Rome is also fighting them for control of Sardinia. Carthagians are now stuck out in the deserts as well as Sicily and a small part of Spain.

Makedon
    Expanded along the Balkans and then collapsed due to pressure from Getai and Epieros. They now only own three territories. KH are now fighting them for control of Sparta.

Getai
    Are conquering south and are kicking ass in the Turkey. Epieros was able to hold them off from expanding futher west. They have taken both Makedon and Pergamon's capital citites.

Nabutu & Saba
    Are now a buffer between AS and Ptolmey. Saba invaded Ethiopia and Eritrea but couldn't hold them for very long before they rebelled/Ptolmeoi kicked them out.

Western/eastern europe
    Boii have been ground down by the Lugiones and Sweboz and now only own one province. Avernoi have surrounded the Aedui and are now knocking on the door of Italy itself. The Pritanoi invaded northern france and held it for a while until the Avernoi kicked them out. Only one Pritanoi settlement remains in France now.
    Areuakoi are expanding east and are eating into the Avernoi. Luisitannia is eating into Areuakoi and is the dominant power in Spain. They are having trouble controlling Morocco. They also seem to be interested in Sardinia as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails saka 323.png  

Lord Custard - that's a long time playing a difficult and rarely-attempted faction. What are your experiences? I assume you got the Imperial reform and are making use of the Native Colonies?

Put it this way - this is the first time I've played an EB faction for such a long time! In EB1 I very rarely stuck with a faction past turn 90 let alone get all the way to the 300 mark! Yep I'm at Eastern Imperial culture and have constructed colonies in most of my settlements. Although not all of them create new units just more of the same Saka spearman and archers. Kushi and Shahr are one such examples. With Chach I can hire Dahae Harchers and skirm cav - nice one! In Alexandria Antichoia/Marv Baktria/Balk I can recruit regional troops pantopapoi and archer spearmen etc... I now have quite a few FMs who are of Sughd/Sogdianian descent - nice. Although a lot of them are very samey not much difference they all have uninspiring leader and gatekeeper trait. Off the top of my head Saka Satrapy markers have been constructed in nearly all of my settled towns and citites except for Alex Esch/Kurukand and Gava Haoma. As far as I am aware this is because those two settlements do not have enough people/households. I've noticed that Pahlava have also Eastern Imperial and that the Takasha seem to have undergone their heavy cav reform.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails saka.jpg  

Ah, yes, that's because we're missing a lot of the central Asian/eastern Steppe units that are supposed to be in the Native Colony for that region. So for the time being, we're having to use Sakan units. You'll notice they bring a much greater variety outside your homeland.