Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Rotherham child sexual exploitation scandal

Adar's Avatar Just doing it
    Civitate

Default Rotherham child sexual exploitation scandal

I am well aware of the borderline insanity displayed by many people when it comes to "not encouraging racism". But these news are just so crazy that I need to ask despite finding it on BBC.com.
    Quote Originally Posted by BBC

Full article

Appalling abuse
    Prof Jay's report describes the abuse as "appalling" and says it included the rape of girls as young as 11 by "large numbers of male perpetrators".
    Children were raped by multiple attackers, trafficked to other towns and cities in the north of England, abducted, beaten and intimidated, the report revealed.
    Some were doused in petrol and threatened with being set alight, while others were threatened with guns, made to watch "brutally violent rapes" and warned they would be next if they told anyone.

Blatant failures The report said the "collective failures" of political and officer leadership were "blatant" over the first 12 years covered by the inquiry.
    Senior managers within social care were said to have "underplayed" the scale and seriousness of the problem.
    Police were said to have given CSE no priority, regarding many child victims "with contempt" and failing to act on their abuse as a crime.
    The report found that three other publications in 2002, 2003 and 2006 provided "stark evidence" to the police and council.
    The first of these was suppressed, which the report said had led to suggestions of a cover-up, while the other two were ignored.
    Staff were said to have believed the extent of CSE had been exaggerated, while some were "overwhelmed" by the numbers of cases involved.

Asian perpetrators The majority of those behind the abuse were described as Asian, while the victims were young white girls.
    Yet the report found that councillors failed to engage with the town's Pakistani-heritage community during the inquiry period.
    Some councillors were said to have hoped the issue would "go away", thinking it was a "one-off problem".
    The report said several staff members were afraid they would be labelled racist if they identified the race of the perpetrators, while others said they were instructed by their managers not to do so.
    Several councillors interviewed believed highlighting the race element would "give oxygen" to racist ideas and threaten community cohesion.
    So, is this true? Are the numbers overblown and the numbers just a few hundred*? What does the Guardian say?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

*question made be slightly ironic to preempt people who wish to nitpick about the details. What I want to know is if the claims about ignored reports and systematic rape are true.
    Last edited by Adar; September 24, 2014 at 07:10 PM.

Default Re: 1400 children raped by Pakistanis in South Yorkshire?

According to one of the victims, she preserved the clothes that she wore when she was raped and handed them in to the Police, who promptly "lost" them, and told her that it's now her word against the rapists.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Adar's Avatar Just doing it
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Condottiere 40K View Post
    According to one of the victims, she preserved the clothes that she wore when she was raped and handed them in to the Police, who promptly "lost" them, and told her that it's now her word against the rapists.
    Is this some kind of Sin City style corruption drama? The reason that I am a bit skeptic is that in Sweden we had a huge outburst of paranoia about murder-pedophiles in Södertälje during the early 1990s. In that case there was no tangible evidence so I am curious on if there is tangible evidence in this case.

It fits within a pattern of cover-up of sexual crimes, with the twist that this iteration seems part of a more liberal agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Is this some kind of Sin City style corruption drama?
    If so, I'm hoping for some Sin City style retribution.

Comes Domesticorum

So glad that Sharia finally made it to England.

caratacus's Avatar Primicerius

Today's revelations are shocking and disgusting, but far from unique. There have been a large number of child sex exploitation rings happening in areas of Pakistani communities across the Country. In a number of cases, Rotherham being the worst, both the local authorities and the police were aware of what was going on but afraid to be seen to portray ethnic minorities in a negative light and accused of being called racist!!

With white slavery occurring on the streets of the UK and young British Asians flocking to Arabia in their thousands to join a group which revels in violence and execution, you wonder what the future will hold, let alone the present.

neoptolemos's Avatar Breatannach Romanus

I was shocked by the news. I mean how could someone fear to be painted "racist" if he dears to deal with crimes committed ? The ethnicity of perpetrators shouldn't be an self-restraining condition for the authorities.
    Quem faz injúria vil e sem razão,Com forças e poder em que está posto,Não vence; que a vitória verdadeira É saber ter justiça nua e inteira-He who, solely to oppress,Employs or martial force, or power, achieves No victory; but a true victory Is gained,when justice triumphs and prevails.
    Luís de Camões

sabaku_no_gaara's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

TV news over here (Belgium) said officials didn't want to do anything about it out of fear of being called racist...

That is just insane

^^^I have never bought that excuse. More likely they and the police were just too damn lazy to do anything about sex crimes against vulnerable girls on the periphery of society.

The 'oh no we were scared of saying bad stuff about Muslims' is a convenient excuse that actually gains these jobsworths sympathy with certain people.

caratacus's Avatar Primicerius

For me its a symptom of the way society has been changing for the worse being exposed. White teenage girls brought up in a culture of drink and drugs from dysfunctional families, usually without fathers, being targeted by Asian men as easy targets and free of guilt because they weren't Muslim. Is this the society Britons fought to world Wars to defend!?, they will think twice next time I'm sure!

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend View Post
    ^^^I have never bought that excuse. More likely they and the police were just too damn lazy to do anything about sex crimes against vulnerable girls on the periphery of society.

The 'oh no we were scared of saying bad stuff about Muslims' is a convenient excuse that actually gains these jobsworths sympathy with certain people.
    This seems quite plausible, indeed. However, if it is true that they did not pursue alleged criminals because they happened to belong to a certain ethnic community, then this is beyond bonkers. It's zany, batty, luny, loco, and cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs!

I'd like to see them try that in 'Murica.

Whether confronting the now immensely militarized US police force or toothless backwoods vigilantes like these guys, one thing is for certain: it wouldn't end well for the rapists.

The solution is castration.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend View Post

Yup incompetence is also highly likely. However knowing that the victims were 1400 children is a disturbing fact of its own. The responsible ones should be brought to justice and further investigation should be issued for clearing up the situation
    Quem faz injúria vil e sem razão,Com forças e poder em que está posto,Não vence; que a vitória verdadeira É saber ter justiça nua e inteira-He who, solely to oppress,Employs or martial force, or power, achieves No victory; but a true victory Is gained,when justice triumphs and prevails.
    Luís de Camões

Pielstick's Avatar Domesticus

By later this evening somebody will be along in this thread to downplay the fact the vast majority of perpetrators were Pakistani, and to call you all racists for bringing attention to this fact.

Thus is the problem in the UK.

But the grooming seems to be quite sophisticated.

First, boys of the girls age group befriend them and slowly over the course of one or two years, older and older males are introduced to the group, and the girls are given gifts and soft drugs. Alcohol and cigarettes? Probably.

Caelifer_1991's Avatar Vicarius

I mirror The Reverend's statement, this is clearly an excuse and nothing more. There was a report about a lack of police investigation regarding child sex abuse carried out by members of the House of Lords, and yet more police inactivity in the face of such activities carried out by the clergy. This is nothing new or unique, it has been a consistent failing of the police for decades and clearly has nothing to do with ethnicity.

Quote Originally Posted by Caelifer_1991 View Post
    I mirror The Reverend's statement, this is clearly an excuse and nothing more. There was a report about a lack of police investigation regarding child sex abuse carried out by members of the House of Lords, and yet more police inactivity in the face of such activities carried out by the clergy. This is nothing new or unique, it has been a consistent failing of the police for decades and clearly has nothing to do with ethnicity.
    Indeed. I was just wondering do we know anything about the public opinion on the matter?
    Luís de Camões

If it is true (and the numbers really don't matter, if it was 10 it's to many) It proves one thing: we are awful at believing the victims of sexual crimes in the UK< whether the criminals are famous, influential, or a specific race, it doesn't matter, they rack up horrifying catalogues of abuse over years before they are caught. This goes beyond race, look at the other recent cases, Rolf Harris, Jimmy Saville, Sir Nicholas Fairbairn, Cyril Smith and now these scum, the list goes on, and it shows their is something systematically wrong with law enforcement and with culture over this issue, and over sexual violence in general.

sabaku_no_gaara's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Several councillors interviewed believed highlighting the race element would "give oxygen" to racist ideas and threaten community cohesion.
    That line of thought, that is just terrifying, and something I've seen displayed a lot in extremely zealous people like members of ALS (active leftists Students) or ANTIFA's (antifascists) and in "progressive" types.

Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast