Page 25 of 53 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343550 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Screenshots

Default Re: Post Your Screenshots

The thing is... all my cities are fully built
    I could raise another army or two, but that would be a death blow to the AI.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    The thing is... all my cities are fully built
    I could raise another army or two, but that would be a death blow to the AI.
    Well i got long way to go for that still, only at turn 138 in this campaign. Hope i don't finish it before getting hellenic cataphracts of my own. Keeping Getai as my allied pet so that wont happen.

Before going too off-topic, im curious how Dooz gets those very cinematic looking fancy screenshots? I guess removing UI is first thing to do out of sight, but after that? Rarely feel i got time for such in campaign battles, maybe in custom battles it would be better, but im not that much into "battlefield photography" id stage battles just for screenies. So any tips how to get better ones (besides the obvious zoom into action)?

Dunno, never really bothered with the details of editing screens. I mostly fights

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Ziltoid View Post
    im curious how Dooz gets those very cinematic looking fancy screenshots?
    Hey there. For the ones that look like anything other than regularly zoomed in screenshots, all I did was crop the images to something specific that I thought looked cool in a given screenshot. For example
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by in my head
    "Oo, sweet looking double stab! I want to make sure people notice it when I post the screenshot, so what's the best way to do that.... I guess I'll just crop the rest of it out, which makes me sad cause I love the full images, but this is too cool a moment to take the chance it won't be noticed by the fine EBII fans who might see this. So"

Glad people like em! Makes me a little less sad about losing out on the surrounding awesomeness that gets cropped out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooz View Post
    Hey there. For the ones that look like anything other than regularly zoomed in screenshots, all I did was crop the images to something specific that I thought looked cool in a given screenshot. For example

Glad people like em! Makes me a little less sad about losing out on the surrounding awesomeness that gets cropped out.
    Thanks for response, do you use game's own screenshot mechanism (print screen and TGA folder) or outside software? Find the TGAs game generates are kinda tiny in size and don't show what you actually see on your screen as they don't appear as widescreen scale.

Ive tried also Fraps but those pictures come out way too bright due brightness settings of the game.

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Ziltoid View Post
    Thanks for response, do you use game's own screenshot mechanism (print screen and TGA folder) or outside software? Find the TGAs game generates are kinda tiny in size and don't show what you actually see on your screen as they don't appear as widescreen scale.
    Yup, took me a while to figure out how to get them to come out right too (and by figure out, I just mean finding posts about it from people who actually did figure it out). Turns out it's as simple as adding a couple lines of text to the ebii.cfg file, under the [Video] heading.

tga_width = 1920
    tga_aspect = 1.7777777778

Of course these are specific to my monitor's resolution, 1920 x 1080, but if yours happens to be the same then there you go. Otherwise you just put the width of your own resolution there for tga_width, and for tga_aspect you just divide the numbers for your resolution's aspect ratio and plug that in. So mine is a 16:9 aspect ratio, and the quotient is 1.7forever. I tried for example just putting in 1.8 or 1.78, but none of them were quite right. The more digits I put in the closer it got, and this ended up spitting out images at exactly 1920 x 1080 so went with it.

I should mention, I tried putting in a higher tga_width just to get higher resolution images, which does work, but there's a weird side effect where a kind of a line appears in the images somewhere, or sometimes the images just look like they're divided and split in certain areas, and it just wasn't consistent. You might want to try for yourself if that's something that you'd be interested in, but maximum native monitor resolution ended up working best for me.

Oh and another inconsistent feature of using this built in screenshot system is that, if you take the shot while paused, sometimes the pause overlay will appear in the screenshot and sometimes it won't. I never did figure out why that was, I wish there was some fix to make it never appear so I could always line up the perfect shot while paused and know it's gonna be clean and clear, but I ended up just taking a screen or two while paused, then unpausing and quickly trying to press the button for another, but that never quite works. Probably more often than not I ended up just taking a million screenshots during unpaused action and just sorting through and finding ones I liked.

Happy shooting!

Thanks to HaHawk for these depth of field settings.

Beautiful!How can do this?

Any idea why these guys could be celebrating?

Quote Originally Posted by xHolyCrusader View Post
    Any idea why these guys could be celebrating?

Their commanders just promised them a feast of chickenwings??!?!?!

They dont experience all the CTDs?

Nope, its because they can finally defend their barbarian cities without lag:

BEFORE
    AFTER

Wow, thats nice. How did you do that?

Now thats very good news.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Nope, its because they can finally defend their barbarian cities without lag:
    The single greatest news I've heard about this project in months! Thank you so much! You deserve all the rep in TWC! Nay! All the rep in all the forums of the world! At the very least you deserve the aforementioned feast of chickenwings.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooz View Post
    Oh and another inconsistent feature of using this built in screenshot system is that, if you take the shot while paused, sometimes the pause overlay will appear in the screenshot and sometimes it won't. I never did figure out why that was, I wish there was some fix to make it never appear so I could always line up the perfect shot while paused and know it's gonna be clean and clear, but I ended up just taking a screen or two while paused, then unpausing and quickly trying to press the button for another, but that never quite works. Probably more often than not I ended up just taking a million screenshots during unpaused action and just sorting through and finding ones I liked.
    Oh boy, there is a feature in M2TW you're going to love. A lot of people don't know about it or forget to use it for taking screenshots.

During a battle, you know how you can speed time up (to 2x, 6x, or back to 1x)?

Well, if you hold down the shift button and reduce the game speed (left arrow by the timer) you can slow down time by 0.1 second increments. In other words, if you start at normal speed (1.0), you can reduce speed to 0.9 s, 0.8, etc. If you go all the way down to 0.1 or 0.2 seconds, you can take excellent screenshots in "bullet-time". Since the game speed can be adjusted in real-time, you can freely move around the field looking for great shots without having to worry about affecting the outcome of the battle.

Whoa, either didn't know or had forgotten that! Thanks
    Mouzafphaerre, aka Urwendur, Urwendil...

Woah, all these great shots.

Not screenshot mode, but damn if this game can't look good sometimes:

Some pics from my Pahlavah campaign.
    I love this mod/game!!!!!!!

Last edited by LusitanianWolf; October 08, 2016 at 01:53 PM.

For all you heartbroken Rome fanboys.