Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 35 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 742

Thread: Post Your Screenshots

  1. #181
    paleologos's Avatar Moderator
    Artifex Content Staff

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Variable
    Posts
    5,502

    Default Re: Post Your Screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by HaHawk View Post
    Am I missing something here? No offense, but the EBII version looks a million times better.
    De gustibus non est disputandum I suppose...


    Quote Originally Posted by HaHawk View Post
    The maille shirt on this one looks right as far as the orientation of the rings is concerned.
    But I don't know about the quality of reflections (normal map).
    This one looks flat and not as reflective as one would expect from metal.
    But I need to see them in-game to be sure.

    On a side note the wall textures look magnificent, kudos to the EB team.



    Quote Originally Posted by HaHawk View Post
    Now, this maille shirt texture seems to have a better normal map, however the rings are oriented in a way that suggests the force of gravity is horizontal.

    It's supposed to look like this.





    In any case, I admit that my maille texture would look better if the rings were larger.

  2. #182

    Default Re: Post Your Screenshots

    Those rings are HUGE in comparison with historical examples - it should be 1 cm in diameter max!

    Last edited by V.T. Marvin; July 16, 2015 at 08:43 AM.

    ...................................................

  3. #183
    paleologos's Avatar Moderator
    Artifex Content Staff

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Variable
    Posts
    5,502

    Default Re: Post Your Screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by V.T. Marvin View Post
    Those rings are HUGE in comparison with historical examples - it should be 1 cm in diameter max!
    I know, Iwas talking about the oriantation of the rings as the shirt is stretched by gravity (verticaly).

    What do you think of this?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12thC_MAA.jpg 
Views:	953 
Size:	405.1 KB 
ID:	327527

    Last edited by alin; July 16, 2015 at 11:41 AM. Reason: added spoiler

  4. #184
    xHolyCrusader's Avatar 25 hours happy
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    901

    Default Re: Post Your Screenshots

    @paleologos Could you post those non-EBII screenshots in spoilers at least...

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 


  5. #185
    paleologos's Avatar Moderator
    Artifex Content Staff

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Variable
    Posts
    5,502

    Default Re: Post Your Screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by xHolyCrusader View Post
    @paleologos Could you post those non-EBII screenshots in spoilers at least...
    Yes, sorry about that.



    Quote Originally Posted by xHolyCrusader View Post
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    This one looks very much better, why don't the other ones look like this?

  6. #186

    Default Re: Post Your Screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by paleologos View Post
    But I don't know about the quality of reflections (normal map).
    This one looks flat and not as reflective as one would expect from metal.
    But I need to see them in-game to be sure.
    In my opinion, the textures are absolutely 100% superb. My only concern is with the metallic effect from normal maps. A lot of the helmets and metal spearpoints (and swords etc.) are slightly dulled and could stand to be brighter. Some helmets are somewhat plastic/glossy, and spear point edges have a black outline. I'm not sure who could answer how to fix that, though.. alin? And yes I realize these are extremely nit-picky observations! But friendly constructive critiques are good for artists

  7. #187
    paleologos's Avatar Moderator
    Artifex Content Staff

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Variable
    Posts
    5,502

    Default Re: Post Your Screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by HaHawk View Post
    In my opinion, the textures are absolutely 100% superb.
    You are, of course, entitled and welcome to your opinion but you did not address my (indirect) remark that there are three (that I know of) different types of chainmail textures in EBII and one of them is significantly better than the rest. (The screenie posted by xHolyCrusader)

    So the question remains why aren't they all as good as the best of them?

  8. #188
    alin's Avatar Campidoctor
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    1,720

    Default Re: Post Your Screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by paleologos View Post
    So the question remains why aren't they all as good as the best of them?
    There's no such thing as the best, it's subjective and a matter of taste.
    That's why.

  9. #189
    alin's Avatar Campidoctor
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    1,720

    Default Re: Post Your Screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by HaHawk View Post
    In my opinion, the textures are absolutely 100% superb. My only concern is with the metallic effect from normal maps. A lot of the helmets and metal spearpoints (and swords etc.) are slightly dulled and could stand to be brighter. Some helmets are somewhat plastic/glossy, and spear point edges have a black outline. I'm not sure who could answer how to fix that, though.. alin? And yes I realize these are extremely nit-picky observations! But friendly constructive critiques are good for artists
    I think you wont find these as plastic:







  10. #190

    Default Re: Post Your Screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by alin View Post
    I think you wont find these as plastic:
    I can't wait to see them in-game! You guys really keep outdoing yourselves!

  11. #191
    paleologos's Avatar Moderator
    Artifex Content Staff

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Variable
    Posts
    5,502

    Default Re: Post Your Screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by alin View Post
    I think you wont find these as plastic
    If I may give you a hint:
    Make the metal texture on the diffuse map very dark and compensate for this darkness with a brighter specular map.
    It will give a very nice metallic effect in-game.
    Give it a try if only for the test.
    Last edited by paleologos; July 30, 2015 at 06:12 AM.

  12. #192

    Default Re: Post Your Screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by paleologos View Post
    Make the metal texture on the diffuse map very dark and compensate for this darkness with a brighter specular map.
    It will give a very nice metallic effect in-game.
    That might be the ticket! I've noticed in Stainless Steel, for example, some textures are so-so, while others create a nearly impeccable metallic effect. I guess it's because the units and textures were created by many different people with different aesthetics. Thankfully in EBII there seems to be a higher production value and desire for an "overall quality standard" that makes for a more consistent experience. I'm still really looking forward to seeing what the devs have in store for the Autumn release...!!

  13. #193
    paleologos's Avatar Moderator
    Artifex Content Staff

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Variable
    Posts
    5,502

    Default Re: Post Your Screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by HaHawk View Post
    That might be the ticket! I've noticed in Stainless Steel, for example, some textures are so-so, while others create a nearly impeccable metallic effect. I guess it's because the units and textures were created by many different people with different aesthetics. Thankfully in EBII there seems to be a higher production value and desire for an "overall quality standard" that makes for a more consistent experience. I'm still really looking forward to seeing what the devs have in store for the Autumn release...!!
    Yes well the look of a metallic surface in a screenshot depends very much on the levels of ambient light.
    Take a look at this thread if you havn't already.

    One should also be aware of the way light interacts with metal in real life.
    If you aim a beam of light at a perfectly reflective and flat surface (Specular reflection) but you throw it at an angle that it reflects away from your eyes then the surface will look dark.
    But if said surface has a curvature then a Specularity effect is required in order to depict that surface properly in a CGI.
    The key to understand this is to understand that a highly reflective surface will have very low Diffuse reflection which would mean that correct depiction in CGI would presuppose a rather dark diffusion map and a compansatorily bright specular map.
    The diffusion map being the CA image file with a name ending in _diff while the specular map is the alpha channel of the normal map.

    I hope that makes sense.
    Last edited by paleologos; August 11, 2015 at 01:33 PM.

  14. #194

    Default Re: Post Your Screenshots

    Celtic general gets caught going out of the forest


    Sauromate last stand

  15. #195

    Default Re: Post Your Screenshots

    Bosphoros hoplites

  16. #196

    Default Re: Post Your Screenshots

    Great pics Mantaprey. I'm playing as the Bosphorans myself. Those enemy horse-cav archers, they are killing me. z3n has done a real number on them!

  17. #197

    Default Re: Post Your Screenshots

    A few screenshots from a Saka campaing I've been playing in H/M. Just as I had finished off the Baktrians, the Parthian horde showed up thanks to the Seleukid Empire expanding northward onto the steppe.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015-09-12_00001.jpg   2015-09-12_00004.jpg   2015-09-12_00002.jpg   2015-09-12_00006.jpg  

  18. #198

    Default Re: Post Your Screenshots






  19. #199

    Default Re: Post Your Screenshots

    oh pls come for round 2 , oh how I miss this from EB 1

  20. #200
    Biarchus
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    635

    Default Re: Post Your Screenshots

    That army is too strong. Not enough levies....

Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 35 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •