Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast

Thread: Please join together with all other small bug reports into an (un)official non-game breaking bug thread

Default Re: Please join together with all other small bug reports into an (un)official non-game breaking bug thread

I have a small "aesthetic" bug to report - maybe it has been mentioned before, don't know, but when my diplomat makes an offer of let's say money, the buttons to confirm or cancel the offer seem reversed ... ie if I offer a tribute, when I chose the amount, the button that actually confirms my selection has a big X on it, while the button that actually cancels the offer has the check on it.

texoman81's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Please join together with all other small bug reports into an (un)official non-game breaking bug thread

ok now i'm playing a Bosporos campaign, and now when i take Olbia it has the site of Troy in it. I don't think it was there during the Getai campaign, though maybe i just overlooked it.

Don't know if intentional, but the Eleutheroi can recruit units in their Germanic and Hellenic provinces. They cannot recruit anywhere else.

When you get a message about building a new colony, start building it in a province and before you end turn, remove the colony from the build queue. The colony building is now gone and cannot be build. Also the adviser message won't show up next turn so you basically lose one "colony event" if you remove it from build queue.

Happened on my roma campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Seljuq Prince View Post
    I dont know if thats reported, there is many pages too look... It's in export_descr_buildings in the upper parts of it.. In the game its under 'closely allied oligarchy building'..

--------------------------------------

;;; ITALY

recruit_pool "italic cavalry sabellian" 1 0.04 1 0 requires factions { all, } and hidden_resource italy and region_religion rel_e 50
    recruit_pool "roman infantry triarii camillan" 1 0.04 1 0 requires factions { all, } and hidden_resource italy and region_religion rel_g 50
    recruit_pool "italic infantry samnites spearmen" 1 0.08 1 0 requires factions { all, } and hidden_resource italy and region_religion rel_e 20
    recruit_pool "italic infantry samnites spearmen" 0 0.08 21 0 requires factions { all, } and hidden_resource italy and region_religion rel_e 50
    recruit_pool "roman infantry leves" 1 0.08 2 0 requires factions { all, } and hidden_resource italy and region_religion rel_e 20
    recruit_pool "roman infantry leves" 0 0.08 2 0 requires factions { all, } and hidden_resource italy and region_religion rel_e 50

----------------------------------
    That '21' should have been 2 or 1..
    Thanks! It should be 2, like the rest of the government types. Fixed in the next version.

Quote Originally Posted by texoman81 View Post
    ok now i'm playing a Bosporos campaign, and now when i take Olbia it has the site of Troy in it. I don't think it was there during the Getai campaign, though maybe i just overlooked it.
    The wonders tend to teleport around when you sack settlements. We think we've found a solution for this for the next version.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Rebels don't seem to sally from their cities even in the last turn of the siege. This has happened twice now in my roma campaign. When the siege is complete the rebel army just disappears and I get the city for "free".

This may have already been noticed but when conducting diplomatic negotiations the tick and the cross are the wrong way round
    Last edited by Goth; August 29, 2014 at 10:38 AM.

I dont know if its intentional, or not completed, or bug but you cant have free upkeep units when playing as some Celtic/Galia faction
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppis View Post
    Rebels don't seem to sally from their cities even in the last turn of the siege. This has happened twice now in my roma campaign. When the siege is complete the rebel army just disappears and I get the city for "free".
    maybe you have a lot bigger army? never happened to me
    Last edited by Funeh; August 29, 2014 at 10:35 AM.
    I choose to die on my feet, rather than live on my knees!

michell's Avatar Tiro

Persepolis icon and description is in Halicarnassos and in Parsa

The issues you've noticed with a unit refusing to disengage in combat, and especially the general excruciatingly slow pace of combat, are things I've noticed as well. I've pointed out some of the 'units getting stuck in combat' issues here in this thread. Glad I'm not alone in experiencing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Janas View Post
    The issues you've noticed with a unit refusing to disengage in combat, and especially the general excruciatingly slow pace of combat, are things I've noticed as well. I've pointed out some of the 'units getting stuck in combat' issues here in this thread. Glad I'm not alone in experiencing them.
    Sorry, I need to delete/edit some posts in this thread, though I'm not sure how to.

Guys, can new forum members even send private messages to others ? I wrote several private messages to moderators but my "sent items" folder is just empty. What the hell is this ?

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrmahgehrden View Post
    Guys, can new forum members even send private messages to others ? I wrote several private messages to moderators but my "sent items" folder is just empty. What the hell is this ?
    you need to have, if i'm not wrong, 25 posts in the forums to be able to edit posts, send PM's etc

that's just a way to prevent bots or spammers to annoy the forums
    Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    you need to have, if i'm not wrong, 25 posts in the forums to be able to edit posts, send PM's etc

that's just a way to prevent bots or spammers to annoy the forums

Thanks for the clarification. I'm very particular about what I post, and would really rather not fill the thread with pointless articles or repeated messages.

Quote Originally Posted by Funeh View Post
    maybe you have a lot bigger army? never happened to me
    Yeah I did have a bigger army. I dunno if it's a bug or a feature. In EB1(and every vanilla total war I can remember) the defenders always attack the last turn of a siege. Just feels a bit cheap getting a city without a fight.

Seljuq Prince's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Poppis View Post
    Yeah I did have a bigger army. I dunno if it's a bug or a feature. In EB1(and every vanilla total war I can remember) the defenders always attack the last turn of a siege. Just feels a bit cheap getting a city without a fight.
    Its about mediveal 2, I have seen this in vanilla and in other mods too.. When you have much bigger army than defenders and when they had no chance to win they might not sally ..

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

Code:
            <!-- if our force strength is this value times the attacker's strength then sally out -->
            <sally-out-ratio>2.0</sally-out-ratio>
    mess around this value to change the sally out value in config_ai_battle.xml

i'm not experienced in AI modding but i think that's it. TATW value is 3.0 btw

lower it from 0.5, test it, then like 5.0 and see what's the number required to make sally out always (depending on preference) happen and adjust at will.

Cheers
    Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

How exactly does "Bad Disciplinarian", "Too Considerate", "Kills With Kindness" traits work? I noticed that this traits gets slapped on just about every single one of my "major" generals who fought few battles, and it is dispiriting to see your leader, who is fought and won every battle lose 3 of the command stars because he somehow "Kills with Kindness" It appeared whether I played as Epirus, Parthia, Averni, Bactria and Boii. It also appeared whether the character is selfish/unselfish charismatic/uncharacteristic etc.... Is this trait somehow bugged?

Quote Originally Posted by Seljuq Prince View Post
    Its about mediveal 2, I have seen this in vanilla and in other mods too.. When you have much bigger army than defenders and when they had no chance to win they might not sally ..
    Ah ok, I have played so little MTW2 that I hadn't noticed it before. I guess I just have to get used to it.