Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 41920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: General impressions

Default Re: General impressions

Hello it is my first 2hours of game play with this mod. Never played it before. I must say it`s look awesome, graphic is similar like RTW2.
    The only thing that bugs me is that units are so hard to rout in battles. Even when only few of them are left alive...is it something all of you experienced or is it just me. I play medium dif. for campaign, and hard for battles, but i think this is bit too much. Every battle i had was a fight to the death. So i would really like some feedback from y guys

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    I check the forum pretty regularly most days, so I don't tend to miss stuff. I'd say roughly thus:

2 x FMs (one as general, the other tribune, each leads a wing and represents the Roman Equites component)
    1 x Sabellian Equites or Hippeis or Akus Eporedoi
    1 x Leves or Akontistai
    1 x Toxotai or Sphendonetai or Celtic/African Slingers
    2 x Hastati
    2 x Principes
    1 x Triarii
    2 x Sabellian Hastati
    1 x Etruscan Hoplitai or Hoplitai
    1 x Celtic Spearmen or Bataroi or Mercenary Thureophoroi

That should give you a fair mixture, vary depending on the region. For the south/Sicily go more Greek/African, for the north more Celtic. It'll be richer when some of the placeholder units in the EDU are done.
    Thanks a lot Quintus. I've been giving that roster a whirl and it's fun and varied enough for a lite-stack version, cheers for the thought and effort!

Quote Originally Posted by HarkonRules View Post
    Thanks a lot Quintus. I've been giving that roster a whirl and it's fun and varied enough for a lite-stack version, cheers for the thought and effort!
    Glad you're enjoying it. When the next tranche of regional units comes in, it'll get more varied still.

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

Speaking of that, are they set to be released as small patches or all at once?

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Glad you're enjoying it. When the next tranche of regional units comes in, it'll get more varied still.
    Aye. I want my Pedites Extraordinarii!

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

I want Hellenistic cataphracts

Biarchus

My biggest problem is diplomacy. It is improved over RTW and EB but not quite enough. One problem in particular.

If you border a nation you are at war with, an offer for ceasefire is 'very demanding'.
    If you don't border a nation you are at war with, an offer for ceasefire is 'very generous'.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Hummer View Post
    My biggest problem is diplomacy. It is improved over RTW and EB but not quite enough. One problem in particular.

If you border a nation you are at war with, an offer for ceasefire is 'very demanding'.
    If you don't border a nation you are at war with, an offer for ceasefire is 'very generous'.

Cheers
    There's Force Diplomacy for that.

Astonishingly great work guys. Please keep it up; this mod is the best thing ever to happen to total war.

I have a question : When were the Etruscans completely defeated in Italy and under Roman rule, as in what year near the starting timeframe of the mod?

I have a question : When were the Etruscans completely defeated in Italy and under Roman rule, as in what year near the starting timeframe of the mod?
    Difficult one because we don't really have any evidence for a single event that would signify "defeat". During their decline, they were gradually subsumed into other peoples in northern Italy, including Italics, Latins and Romans.

texoman81's Avatar Ducenarius

the Etruscans were a league of independent city states, not a united nation. Individual cites were conquered by Rome one at a time. The first was Veii in 396bc, but Rome didn't completely control Etruria until 250bc or later. At the time of the start of EB2, i think about 2/3 of the Etruscan cities were under Roman control.
    Last edited by texoman81; November 02, 2014 at 02:31 PM.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

i want to adress the accuracy of siege equipement.
    scorpions are way to exact in 2.01. they pin down the enemy even engaged in close combat from far far away with burning bolts and concentrate on a very single spot.

I'm getting a strange vibe from the battle weightings.
    An example
    I charge 3 full units of Bactrian Hippotoxai (melee 10 def 14)into a single depleted (38 riders) of Armenian minor Nobles (mel 9 def 11) and the Armenians lose a couple of riders and the Bactrians 3 or 4 from each unit.
    Once combined in battle the Bactrians don't seem to do much damage at all and lose units at a much much faster rate than the Armenians, to the extent they have to break off.
    This seems to happen a lot with a variety of units and playing as a variety of nations.
    Any thoughts collective hive mind?

I only wanted to say, that I'm thoroughly enjoying EB 2.01 despite it's beta-ish stage and some balancing issues etc. The simple fact is: it's simply great fun to play and looks fantastic!

Thanks guys!

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

I agree. EB 2 has the potential to be the best mod of this Era.
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

great to have your opinion guys, despite we are a restricted number at this time, we'll continue the work in that thought !

Good holidays to you !

Skyn0s - Seb
    EBII fan appeal: The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] is in dire need of YOUR HELP RIGHT NOW! - Dear modders, please get in touch HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by nickbirkin View Post
    I'm getting a strange vibe from the battle weightings.
    An example
    I charge 3 full units of Bactrian Hippotoxai (melee 10 def 14)into a single depleted (38 riders) of Armenian minor Nobles (mel 9 def 11) and the Armenians lose a couple of riders and the Bactrians 3 or 4 from each unit.
    Once combined in battle the Bactrians don't seem to do much damage at all and lose units at a much much faster rate than the Armenians, to the extent they have to break off.
    This seems to happen a lot with a variety of units and playing as a variety of nations.
    Any thoughts collective hive mind?
    Hopefully the speed and formation changes for cavalry I'm working on should fix this. At present the weighting is too far in favour of melee over the charge.

Trinity's Avatar Libertus

Hi there,
    So I'v been playing this mod for a while and yes, I like it a lot. I've played as the Makedonians, Romans, the Saka, the Baktrians, and the Indian Kingdom (takashila?). I love how each civilization plays differently.
    However, I find the road garrison building tier way too penalizing on farming income. As the Romans on M/M difficulty; Roma, Arretium, and Capua all experienced a reduction in profit after building only road garrison building (the Way stations and the Strategic Forts). After the 30th turn, Rome and Capua were within 100 mnai of were at turn 1, while Arretium went down from 2799 mnai to 2553 mnai. That's a harsh penalty to have; you lose money for at least eight in-game years before there's a profit made.

Is there a way to change this?

I finally got to play this mod some more ..

I know its very unfinished and there is a lot of lacking content, bugs and stuff..

But i simply love it. For the first moment it feels like real ancient world, from flavour texts, unit looks and names, to units descriptions, music and of other things.
    It pulls you into the game to the point you want to learn latin just to curse in proper launguage when something goes wrong.
    It feels like a real Baktria - that mysterious kingdom at the end of the world or real Rome with it Consuls, Legions and Law or real Germania with those dense forests, hardy warriors and defiant spirit...

EB2 may be unfinished, maybe lacking content but its already 10 times better than R2 will ever be.
    Last edited by Canaris; December 28, 2014 at 04:48 PM.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Disregard RTW2 - acquire Europa Barbarorum 2.

Hey, CA - "Get Woke Go Broke" !

Proud owner of white skin and a penis - bite me.