Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: General impressions

Default Re: General impressions

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    I found the battles to be awesome and very realistic, my only complaint is that unit collision seems a bit off (or well, it is just as the vanilla M2TW ones which werent much good). You know, when you send your unit to charge and sometimes only the first line charges while the other rows slow down and wait. Cavalry units kinda dont engage that much as well, most of the unit kinda sitting back. Is these kind of things fixable?
    This is Vanilla issue but it is fixable (it is fixed in TATW mod).
    I choose to die on my feet, rather than live on my knees!

Hi, question to developers... Do you think that the new version will be released as a patch or as the completely new release?

Why is it on MODB - 2,801.16mb
    and on GAMEFRONT - 2.74 GB

EDIT: Sorry for doublepost
    I choose to die on my feet, rather than live on my knees!

Ah yes i thought it was vanilla.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Funeh View Post
    Hi, question to developers... Do you think that the new version will be released as a patch or as the completely new release?

Why is it on MODB - 2,801.16mb
    and on GAMEFRONT - 2.74 GB

EDIT: Sorry for doublepost
    Write this "2,801.16 MiB in GiB" in Google search.

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

I couldnt play it because I got a lot of ctd in gameplay

Hey,
    while I feel the mod is very well detailed and looks stunning (apart from some grass that sometimes looks 2D), I noticed a couple of things:
    1) The sieges don't work properly. The soldiers sometimes jump around the walls, the siege machines don't react on orders (don't break the doors), the ladders cannot be positioned properly and I even noticed the enemy cavalry charging through the walls.
    2) The general speeches... are they yet to be implemented or will they remain absent? They were one of the most immersive things in TW and everyone loved them.
    3) I know you're aiming on realism and I read your comments on that, but the Romans look (at least to me) far to improvised (concerning the uniforms). I know the legions didn't wear such bright red uniforms as in the original Rome, but still I think they are a bit too brownish and sometimes don't feel like Romans at all.
    4) I noticed the Roman and Carthaginian army roosters in custom battles have some strange similarities. Carthage has, for example, Triarii and Hastati, the units that were exclusively Roman during the high period, and Romans have African elephants.

Apart from that, I really like the mod and am looking to further content ;D

Faravid's Avatar Libertus

Collision really needs to be fixed. Cavalry is particularly bad, MTW2 has always kinda had this issue but I don't think it was this bad in vanilla and SS. Cavalry vs. cavalry is particularly painful to watch.

JUst tried out vanilla m2tw and I got the same lag on loading screens, so evidently it isn't this mod's fault.

Maybe I need a reinstall or something.

dalapto's Avatar Libertus

Disable HDR on campaign by SHift + f12. Do it again when in battle to enable.
    I already do that. But I shouldn't have too, the effects are great I just can't read text in the center of the screen!
    IMO the latin voices are just fine, actually they are great. AND i'd prefer NO voices than freaking american English romans
    I just hate it when my generals/armies SHOUT AT ME IN LATIN, because
    1. Too loud, he screams at me
    2. The quality of the sound is poor
    If those were fixed I wouldn't mind but he shouts (presumably because the voices are meant for battle map)
    And again IMO the roman music is great and very immersive to the time period, like most if not all EB 1/2 music!
    Really? That horrible Italic folk music? Roma Surrectum II's Roman music is much better and while probably isn't accurate sounds professional. In my humble opinion.

Very impressed so far, some 20 turns into my first campaign.

Some notable bugs are crashes at the faction selection screen, and the game running in a window unless I force it to run maximized through the shortcut.
    Try my ETW mods: Interface Enhancement Mod

We have different tastes i guess I for one love the romani music in EB, this one in particular is epic and very immersive of the time frame.

If those were fixed I wouldn't mind but he shouts (presumably because the voices are meant for battle map)
    Yeah i think all the custom voices are for battles, as in EB1. Most factions do not say anything in campaign as of now, and alin said in ModDB that they will make all the Campaign Voices in the next releases. If that is the case they probably will put other campaign voices for the Romani as well, though only a dev can say it so.

Collision really needs to be fixed. Cavalry is particularly bad, MTW2 has always kinda had this issue but I don't think it was this bad in vanilla and SS. Cavalry vs. cavalry is particularly painful to watch.
    Agree with this though. Hopefully in the next few patches it will be improved!
    Last edited by Wulfburk; August 26, 2014 at 11:50 AM.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK1TBw2ZigM

"I don't want to play this game anymore, just kill me" 39:20 This guy has alot to say for first impressions.

I'm around turn 40, and so far - great. Almost flawless. Great job EB team!

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

I love the Taxilan voices.
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Quote Originally Posted by Chereye View Post

"I don't want to play this game anymore, just kill me" 39:20 This guy has alot to say for first impressions.
    Geeze, well everyone has their opinion, but its still beta so.

Now I liked what I have seen so far, and can't wait till the full version

Worth the long wait; I've been playing Baktria for 50+ turns with no problems. Sure, there are placeholders and texts missing etc, but the game works fluently otherwise. Thank you for your work and dedication, team!

My only complaints have to do with M:TWII engine and are not something the modders could change... Mainly, I wish EB2 had the reinforcement system from Empire/Shogun2/Rome2. Taking troops back home for retraining is so tedious. Other thing I wish the game had are the automatic garrisons tied to the settlement level buildings and other constructions. However, like I said, just a petty issue the modders can't do anything about.

^^Same! Keep on the good work EB devs, im sure with 1 or 2 patches it will surpass most if not all TW games/mods!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaska View Post
    Worth the long wait; I've been playing Baktria for 50+ turns with no problems. Sure, there are placeholders and texts missing etc, but the game works fluently otherwise. Thank you for your work and dedication, team!

My only complaints have to do with M:TWII engine and are not something the modders could change... Mainly, I wish EB2 had the reinforcement system from Empire/Shogun2/Rome2. Taking troops back home for retraining is so tedious. Other thing I wish the game had are the automatic garrisons tied to the settlement level buildings and other constructions. However, like I said, just a petty issue the modders can't do anything about.
    As someone said earlier everyone has there own tastes. Personally one of the reasons I don't like the Warscape titles is the simplified recruitment/reinforcement.

FYI it is best to merge your units then you o ly have to retrain one unit. Also if you are campaigning far from you lands, bring a smaller reserve stack to replenish your main stack. It might be a little expensive to keep reserves but you will have a better chance of winning.
    Last edited by Emperor Hantscher; August 26, 2014 at 11:55 AM.

Bye then!

Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ's Avatar Yeah science!
    Civitate

He didn't like the mod from the beginning. At 1:50 ancient roman music starts playing and he goes: "wtf is that is that music".
    Well, I have no major complains with EB2, just a few CTDs. To each his own, I guess, but he complains a lot, ie. "descriptions are too long, there shouldn't be that much text". Well, no one is forcing players to read all of text if the don't want to.
    "First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain

οὐκ ἦν μὲν ἐγώ, νῦν δ' εἰμί· τότε δ' ούκ ἔσομαι, ούδέ μοι μελήσει