Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Launcher & String and CTD issues(post here)

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum 2.0 released!

In the wizard, the default installation path is where your copy of M2TW is installed. Unless you know what you're doing, leave this unchanged.
    the default path is hinting to steam medieval even I dont have steam medieval

Anyway where to install the mod: into the main Med II folder or into the mods subfolder?

Ive installed it in both locations but I get this error everytime whenever I use the desktop launcher or the bat file inside EB II folder

when I run it as administrator it says the bellow that cannot find the executable and I probably installed EB in the wrong folder....

Last edited by Kranos; August 26, 2014 at 08:03 AM.

Default Re: Launcher & String and CTD issues(post here)

None of these fixes are for ctd at early campaign right ? I tried anyway, still poop still poop.

alin's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Tureuki View Post
    None of these fixes are for ctd at early campaign right ? I tried anyway, still poop still poop.
    I don't think you can be more vague than that...

Check the first post on what to post when reporting a ctd/bug.

Win 7 64 bit I always get a ctd after turn 9-10.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Launcher problems - keep getting the message the "wrong disc inserted" -- well, there isn't any other disc to insert - the one inserted is the M2TW Kingdoms Gold Edition that's patched to 1.05 (and plays the vanilla M2TW game fine). What gives?

Hello!
    Big thanks for your work!
    I have a question. About the translation.
    when editing * .xml in text\xml using the Cyrillic alphabet, an error occurs.
    ebtools.txt log
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Got “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War\documentation\tools\cuf\..\ebc\..\sd\SD\dist\SD.jar” with ${base}: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War\documentation\tools\cuf\..\ebc”, in entry: “sd.classpath”.</message>
    </record>
    <record>
    <date>2014-08-26T16:39:08</date>
    <millis>1409056748406</millis>
    <sequence>11</sequence>
    <logger>C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War\documentation\tools\cuf\..\scripts\build.js</logger>
    <level>INFO</level>
    <class>org.europabarbarorum.ebc.tasks.Task$TaskLogger</class>
    <method>message</method>
    <thread>9</thread>
    <message>[C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War\documentation\tools\cuf\..\scripts\build.js] :: task: text
    Configuring jobs: text-definitions</message>
    </record>
    <record>
    <date>2014-08-26T16:39:10</date>
    <millis>1409056750463</millis>
    <sequence>12</sequence>
    <logger>SAXHandler</logger>
    <level>WARNING</level>
    <class>org.europabarbarorum.ebc.Log</class>
    <method>log</method>
    <thread>9</thread>
    <message>Error at: SAXHandler.characters: previous error prevents further processing.
    Details: Illegal character encountered: ‘Б’. In macro: header, at index 0.
    In: “Б”.</message>
    <exception>
    <message>org.europabarbarorum.cuf.strings.impl.StringMapping$BasicMapping$MappingException: Cannot map text of: “IMPERIAL_CAMPAIGN_TITLE”.Details:
    Illegal character encountered: ‘Б’. In macro: header, at index 0.

Is there a possibility somehow improve the situation? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Timidus View Post
    Launcher problems - keep getting the message the "wrong disc inserted" -- well, there isn't any other disc to insert - the one inserted is the M2TW Kingdoms Gold Edition that's patched to 1.05 (and plays the vanilla M2TW game fine). What gives?
    Considering you have the original version I see nothing wrong using a no cd crack.
    That's my only suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tureuki View Post
    Win 7 64 bit I always get a ctd after turn 9-10.
    Thanks, reported it.

Please pardon my ignorance Alin but what does a "no cd crack" mean?

If I put no disc in, I get the "no disc" message; if I put the Kingdoms Gold disc in, I still get the "wrong disc" message?

An internet person that doesn't knows what crack means, now thats something you don't see often.

Kirila the Kitten's Avatar Primicerius

Quite a rare sight, mate.

1. I had the "no year visible bug". I tried the updated EBII.cfg posted here and put it on read only but to no avail. Still no year, but you can see the year in the faction description window so I guess it's not that big a deal.

2. Quick warning for steam users. Double check the default installation path. For me it was wrong. I'm guessing this only affects people who use more than one Steam library folders. I have steam installed on my D drive(hdd), but I added a second steam library folder to my C drive(ssd) for a few games that I play most or that might benefit from ssd. I have MTW2 installed on the ssd(C:/Steam/...) but the installers default path was D:/Steam/.... Luckily I noticed it in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Timidus View Post
    Please pardon my ignorance Alin but what does a "no cd crack" mean?

If I put no disc in, I get the "no disc" message; if I put the Kingdoms Gold disc in, I still get the "wrong disc" message?
    It's no permitted to discuss more about this on public forums, just google for that and medieval 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppis View Post
    1. I had the "no year visible bug". I tried the updated EBII.cfg posted here and put it on read only but to no avail. Still no year, but you can see the year in the faction description window so I guess it's not that big a deal.
    Use the launcher fix from the main post and update afterwards the cfg file, or make the cfg file read only.

Use the launcher fix from the main post and update afterwards the cfg file, or make the cfg file read only.
    Confirmed it works! Downloaded the file, replaced my own and set it at read only. Got in game and, after changing the graphic settings back to the one i had before, i can see the 272 bc visible! This fix also fixed some other stuff, maybe making more stable, or its just the year?
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post
    You have to run the installer as administrator.

Also, first and foremost rule of installing M2TW with mods is NOT TO INSTALL IT in Program Files and Programs Files (x86) directories. Seriously people, M2TW has been on the market since 2006 and it is well known issue.
    So, what do you suggest I do? It's happening at the unzip stage. After it asks where to unzip to, I point it to the Medieval II folder and the message occurs.

PS. It's a home computer I have. I am the administrator.

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post
    Also, first and foremost rule of installing M2TW with mods is NOT TO INSTALL IT in Program Files and Programs Files (x86) directories. Seriously people, M2TW has been on the market since 2006 and it is well known issue.
    I thought that's jsut an issue with being able to manually copy or edit files saved within program files on Windows 7? I never had any other program files related issues with M2TW or anything else, and I haven't had any since switching to Windows 8. I did ahve an issue here, but that was apparently unrelated to program files.
    Last edited by Campylobacter jejuni; August 26, 2014 at 10:37 AM. Reason: oops

i had launch error and missing text Problems ... it works for me now after using all fixes from this thread ... round 12 (+ some battles) and still no ctd

Quote Originally Posted by alin View Post
    I did this and started a new campaign. Didn't work. I assume the fix is for nonsteam users since the steam version shortcut doesn't use the launch.bat. I have steam version.

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Quote Originally Posted by Lannes1 View Post
    So, what do you suggest I do? It's happening at the unzip stage. After it asks where to unzip to, I point it to the Medieval II folder and the message occurs.
    That's because you try to unpack it into your M2TW root directory, which is under C:\Program Files (x86), and that directory is protected by Windows, that's why you get "Access is denied".

Unpack EB2 into some other directory; it may be in Downloads folder, or on your Desktop, it doesn't really matter, but not into Program Files. And then right-click the installer and choose "Run as Administrator". It may work, but if it doesn't, it would be an easy solution to reinstall M2TW under any other directory than Program Files or Program Files (x86).

Under the patronage of m_1512

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Keep getting random CTD on my 3rd turn as Baktria. Clicking the map just makes it crash sometimes.