Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: Launcher & String and CTD issues(post here)

alin's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Launcher & String and CTD issues(post here)

Quote Originally Posted by Campylobacter jejuni View Post
    ADDENDUM TO MY PROBLEM

When I directly execute launch.bat, the weird "can't find M2TW" thing doesn't appear in the command prompt, but that second JScript error still appears.

And I get the message shown in the attachment when I directly execute launcher.swf.
    You shouldn't run that, if launch.bat opens that .wsf file then it means you haven't used the fixed I proposed:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14048532

Reinstalling MTW2 from steam pain in the butt steam merged all the updates together and wouldnt recognize kingdoms. If any one else is having that problem here is link for fix http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...OLUTION)/page2

Miles

So the message I get when launching th swf is normal. I just wanted to make sure that everything is alright with that file.

Yes, I have applied your fix. The original runtime error is gone, but was replaced by this new one I posted way above and now here for quick reference.

Script: C:\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\documentation\tools\demo_launcher\launcher.wsf
    Line: 345
    Sign: 4
    Error: Access denied
    Code: 800A0046
    Source: Runtime error in Microsoft JScript
    Bolded text is the different part.
    Last edited by Campylobacter jejuni; August 25, 2014 at 05:50 PM.

Zipzopdippidybopbop's Avatar Barred from the Local

Not related to the main aspect of this thread, but I've noticed a bug where the British Tribesmen don't appear to wield any spears.

By spears I mean throwing javelins or whatever you want to call them. Also until they are caught in actual melee combat their spears are invisible.

So the message I get when launching th swf is normal. I just wanted to make sure that everything is alright with that file.

Yes, I have applied your fix. The original runtime error is gone, but was replaced by this new one I posted way above and now here for quick reference.

Bolded text is the different part.
    What's the contents of: M2TW\mods\EBII\launch.bat (right click and edit)

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Quote Originally Posted by zerxisk78 View Post
    Reinstalling MTW2 from steam pain in the butt steam merged all the updates together and wouldnt recognize kingdoms. If any one else is having that problem here is link for fix http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...OLUTION)/page2
    You don't have to apply anything, EB2 installer deals with that problem.

Under the patronage of m_1512

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Miles Invictus View Post
    Not related to the main aspect of this thread, but I've noticed a bug where the British Tribesmen don't appear to wield any spears.

By spears I mean throwing javelins or whatever you want to call them. Also until they are caught in actual melee combat their spears are invisible.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ing-bug-thread

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by alin View Post
    What's the contents of: M2TW\mods\EBII\launch.bat (right click and edit)
    @echo offrem This batch file is a batch wrapper around
    rem documentation\tools\demo_launcher.launcher.wsf
    rem
    rem It allows you to play the mod through the launcher.wsf
    rem without needing to load CA's Launcher application
    rem
    echo "Will launch: %~dp0"
    IF NOT EXIST ..\..\kingdoms.exe (
    IF EXIST ..\..\medieval2.exe (
    copy ..\..\medieval2.exe ..\..\kingdoms.exe
    &nbsp ELSE (
    echo ERROR: Cannot find the M2TW executable. You probably installed EB2 into the wrong folder. EB2 must be installed directly into a folder containing an M2TW installation!
    pause
    &nbsp
    )

if "x%~1"=="xnocd" goto :launch
    cd ..\..
    :launch
    "%~dp0..\..\documentation\tools\demo_launcher\launcher.wsf" @%~dp0EBII.cfg --features.mod="%~dp0"
    I have a feeling "demo_launcher.launcher.wsf" is not right.

I'm going to bed now, my eyes are starting to swell like a dead sperm whale.
    Last edited by Campylobacter jejuni; August 25, 2014 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles Invictus View Post

Yeah, please post it here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ing-bug-thread

Until the TWC mods bring up the sub-forums.
    Thanks!

Zipzopdippidybopbop's Avatar Barred from the Local

Also; are the Makedonian generals supposed to have levy spearmen as their bodyguard?

EDIT - saw the bug thread link, cheers.

Default Re: First bug report. :(

I cant get game to run either, Digital download via GamersGate, and I have same shared.txt:{GERR_GENERIC} error then sends me back to desktop?

alex man142's Avatar Decanus

Alin, I tried your mini patch but it says I cannot delete output file C:/programfiles (x86)/Sega/Medieval II Total War/mods/EBII/launch.

I have found a Bug.

Roman Campaign. Siege of Tarantum. I have build 1 Ram, 2 Siege Towers and 2 Leitern!.

The Loading Screen starting and then a CTD.

( Kann ich hier auch in Deutsch posten?)

alex man142's Avatar Decanus

I got the install to work and the game runs, it just that it will not go full screen and only occupies a corner of my screen. How can I fix this?

I have a feeling "demo_launcher.launcher.wsf" is not right.

I'm going to bed now, my eyes are starting to swell like a dead sperm whale.
    Like I said you didn't apply the fix I did, it should have been:
    cd ..\..
    kingdoms.exe @mods\EBII\EBII.cfg

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbkauf View Post
    I cant get game to run either, Digital download via GamersGate, and I have same shared.txt:{GERR_GENERIC} error then sends me back to desktop?
    I have no clue w/o:
    If those didn't solve the problem then we'll need you to post the following:
    -log file, located in: M2TW\mods\EBII\logs
    -the Windows version you are using(32 or 64bit and version: 7, 8, XP )
    -steam or retail version
    -install path
    Quote Originally Posted by Avarice1987 View Post
    I have found a Bug.

Roman Campaign. Siege of Tarantum. I have build 1 Ram, 2 Siege Towers and 2 Leitern!.

The Loading Screen starting and then a CTD.

( Kann ich hier auch in Deutsch posten?)
    It's better in english in case other have your issue. Do you use steam Steam?
    Did you use the: Europa Barbarorum II (for Steam users - using launcher) shortcut?

Quote Originally Posted by alex man142 View Post
    I got the install to work and the game runs, it just that it will not go full screen and only occupies a corner of my screen. How can I fix this?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14048832

Guys, i'm really sorry. While downloading I had problems, when running through the factions I had problems, when starting the campaign I had problems, Text was all messed up after I turned off the graphics enhancement mod (strat, and then I clicked a random unit on the map and had a CTD. Only tried Taksashila.

I'm really sorry, and I hope you guys figured this out since I have reported every problem, but right now I don't feel like reporting bugs anymore before the most obvious ones are fixed. All bugs happened within 1 minute of starting the game, which is frustrating.

Have to say though: it looks fabulous, and I hope the people who don't experience any troubles are enjoying your wonderful (but still shakey) creation right now.

f those didn't solve the problem then we'll need you to post the following:
    -log file, located in: M2TW\mods\EBII\logs
    -the Windows version you are using(32 or 64bit and version: 7, 8, XP )
    -steam or retail version
    -install path

I am running WIN7 (64)
    Game is downloaded via GamersGate Digital download M2TW Gold Collection
    C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\EBII

16:28:21.575 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    16:28:21.624 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Jun 25 2007 version bld-medieval2-update2.1-30 (43169) ===
    16:28:21.628 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    16:28:21.628 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    16:28:21.629 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    16:28:21.630 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    16:28:21.635 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    16:28:21.636 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    16:28:21.655 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/EBII/data/text/shortcut.txt.strings.bin is missing
    16:28:21.659 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/EBII/data/text/shortcut.txt is missing
    16:28:21.676 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/EBII/preferences/keys.dat is missing
    16:28:21.676 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/EBII/preferences/keys.dat is missing
    16:28:23.972 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for ANISELECT
    16:28:23.974 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_SABOTAGE
    16:28:23.976 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_TRADE
    16:28:23.985 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGABLE
    16:28:23.991 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGING
    16:28:23.997 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MULTIPLE_SELECT
    16:28:23.997 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ATTACK
    16:28:23.997 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_CHARACTER
    16:28:23.997 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_RESOURCE
    16:28:23.997 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_FORT
    16:28:23.997 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MOVE_OBJECT
    16:28:23.997 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_WATCHTOWER
    16:28:23.998 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_DEPLOYMENT_AREA
    16:28:23.998 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_TILE
    16:28:23.998 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SPECIAL_PIECE
    16:28:23.998 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PAINT
    16:28:23.998 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADJUST_HEIGHTS
    16:28:23.998 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADD_UNIT
    16:28:23.998 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SETTLEMENT
    16:28:24.391 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/EBII/data/descr_projectile.txt, at line 593, column 1
    Expected 'radius'
    16:28:24.907 [system.rpt] [error] shared.txt:{GERR_GENERIC}

Quote Originally Posted by Reiacta View Post
    Guys, i'm really sorry. While downloading I had problems, when running through the factions I had problems, when starting the campaign I had problems, Text was all messed up after I turned off the graphics enhancement mod (strat, and then I clicked a random unit on the map and had a CTD. Only tried Taksashila.

I'm really sorry, and I hope you guys figured this out since I have reported every problem, but right now I don't feel like reporting bugs anymore before the most obvious ones are fixed. All bugs happened within 1 minute of starting the game, which is frustrating.

Have to say though: it looks fabulous, and I hope the people who don't experience any troubles are enjoying your wonderful (but still shakey) creation right now.
    Ouh, some bad luck you had there then, for me everything ran fine so far :p

@ Alin, i use not the Steam Version.

I have us the Cretean archers in a costum battle. They can not use Burning Arrows?

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbkauf View Post
    I am running WIN7 (64)
    Game is downloaded via GamersGate Digital download M2TW Gold Collection
    C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\EBII

16:28:21.575 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    16:28:21.624 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Jun 25 2007 version bld-medieval2-update2.1-30 (43169) ===
    You seem to be using a medieval2 only(without Kingdoms patched to 1.5) install, EB2 requires a retail kindgoms or the steam version.

The same seems to be the case with the others, can't be sure w/o them posting these details.

This is how the first log should look like using a valid retail kingdoms install:
    22:24:42.181 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===

Or steam:
    22:14:46.442 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Aug 2 2014 version development ===