Page 1 of 31 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Launcher & String and CTD issues(post here)

Miles

Default Launcher & String and CTD issues(post here)

If you have any launcher or string issues(can also cause CTDs) such as:
    Script: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\documentation\tools\demo_launcher\launcher.wsf
    Line: 75
    Sign: 3
    Error: Access denied
    Code: 800A0046
    Source: Runtime error in Microsoft JScript
    Or:
    http://oi58.tinypic.com/4talfl.jpg
    http://oi58.tinypic.com/rtgto2.jpg

Try the following fixes:
    Launcher fix(not suitable for steam) - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14048532
    Possible string fix - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14048602
    String fix - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14048785
    Full screen fix - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14048832
    Steam launcher(mod doesn't appear in launcher) fix - you must have run at least once vanilla medieval2.exe

If the previous fix for texts didn't work you should also try this one(sadly it's an UAC fix will try to find a solution to):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Store-Problems

If those didn't solve the problem then we'll need you to post the following:
    -log file (detailed instructions here), located in: M2TW\mods\EBII\logs
    -the Windows version you are using(32 or 64bit and version: 7, 8, XP )
    -steam or retail version
    -install path
    Last edited by z3n; May 06, 2016 at 01:38 PM. Reason: updated main post

alin's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: First bug report. :(

Try to run it through adminstrator priviliges.

Seems to be a permission problem. Did you perhaps install the mod as Administrator? You should be able to take back ownership with this process:

Right-click your M2TW folder
    Choose Properties.
    Choose Security.
    Choose Advanced.
    Choose Owner.
    Choose Edit.
    Select your user.
    Check the box for "Replace owner of subfolders and objects" (or whatever it becomes in English)
    Apply. Wait for it to complete.

Then try to run it again.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Miles

@alin:

That problem is solved, but this problem comes up.

@bovi: trying out now. Maybe doing both helps. :S

That's odd. It seems to try to run the mod with C:\ as the working directory, instead of C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA/Medieval II Total War. We haven't seen this happen for any of us in the team using disc installs. Possibly because we haven't installed M2TW under Program Files?

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Miles

Well I guess I can reinstall it. Bugger. Thanks anyway!

Wait a second though. You tried to run as administrator, as Alin suggested. Maybe that's the thing. If you take ownership like I laid out, you should be able to run as a regular user. Maybe that will work better.

================
    ================

alin's Avatar Campidoctor

No need to, just extract this fix(it should replace some existing files) in M2TW\mods\EBII.

Let me know if it works.
    Sorry for the trouble.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Miles

Haha, too late, I deinstalled everything already becuase I wasn't sure if you guys had time for a quickfix now after all the work already done. But I am sure someone else suffers from the same problem and can try it out too.

Quote Originally Posted by bovi View Post
    Wait a second though. You tried to run as administrator, as Alin suggested. Maybe that's the thing. If you take ownership like I laid out, you should be able to run as a regular user. Maybe that will work better.

No, it didn't help either.

I'd rep you two but the forum doesn't let me. ;(

Hallo,

First i like to say thank you all for your work and this fantastic Mod. So, i had the same error and your Method works for me. But i have a other error, see here please. What can i do to fix that problem with the shared.txt ?

Anyway, if you run into the same problem again, try out the patch Alin gave you. If that fixes your problem, we'll put out a new installer which will prevent others from going through your tribulations.

================
    ================

alin - I had the same problem, and your fix solved it. Thanks a whole lot!

Try to run M2TW/documentation/tools/cuf/build-strings-bin.wsf, then run the game once more.

I sure hope the rest of the people don't have it like that. I think we would have seen it earlier if that is the case for everyone.

================
    ================

I guess this is a good place to ask - and I apologize, it's probably answered somewhere, but I haven't been able to find it - what is the proper way to report bugs to help y'all out?

Sorry, me again.... now when i try to start the Mod this happens.

When launching the game the message 'shared.txt:{GERR_GENERIC}' comes up and brings me back to the desktop.

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by The Ferret View Post
    I guess this is a good place to ask - and I apologize, it's probably answered somewhere, but I haven't been able to find it - what is the proper way to report bugs to help y'all out?
    A dedicated subforum taht hasn't been created yet.

I am getting this too ^^^^ I have a digital copy from amazon installed on my D drive.

Quote Originally Posted by bovi View Post
    Try to run M2TW/documentation/tools/cuf/build-strings-bin.wsf, then run the game once more.

I sure hope the rest of the people don't have it like that. I think we would have seen it earlier if that is the case for everyone.
    Where can i find that or get that? And many thanks for your help.

Miles

nvm

Page 1 of 31 123456789101126 ... LastLast