Thread: Verification of fix for GERR_GENERIC strat.txt bug

Default Verification of fix for GERR_GENERIC strat.txt bug

Could someone who is experiencing the text bug in the post title try this file? Extract its contents into mods/EBII/data/text, then run the game again. See if the game now runs properly and all the text is showing up correctly.

Thanks!

Edit: In case it wasn't obvious, please report back if it works or not.
    Last edited by bovi; September 08, 2014 at 03:47 PM.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Default Re: Verification of fix for GERR_GENERIC strat.txt bug

Right, 13 downloads and apparently no errors. Guess that's as good as it gets.

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Mikhail Stepanoff's Avatar Foederatus
    Russian Federation. Siberia. Krasnoyarsk City.

I have a lot of CTDs with your text-pack. Especially when I'm trying to view the enemy's town by clicking on it. It could be some kind of mistake in one of these text files...

Thanks for testing! Will try to do this myself and see if I can discover the cause.

================
    ================

texoman81's Avatar Ducenarius

i'm assuming since this is just text files, it is save game compatible. right?

New version, where clicking enemy settlements works on my computer at least. If there are other actions that cause crashes, please let me know. Same as last, extract into mods/EBII/data/text.

text.zip

================
    ================

Mikhail Stepanoff's Avatar Foederatus
    Russian Federation. Siberia. Krasnoyarsk City.

Thanks Bovi! It works fine for me now I'll let you know if I find some new bugs in further testing.

Sorry, forgot to say, YES this is savegame compatible.

================
    ================

Biarchus

This fixed my text problems. I tried all the fixes listed in your other thread

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...before-posting!

But this is the one that finally made my game readable.
    I think you should add this to that thread. Just my opinion.

Thanks very much!

I think I did one better by including it in the 2.01 release actually

The files in that thread were made really quickly as stopgap measures. I hope that the changes made with these text files and some other launch / installer changes made in 2.01 mean that everyone will have the game working out of the proverbial box.
    Last edited by bovi; September 12, 2014 at 03:48 PM.

================
    ================