Thread: Trying to understand atlas files

Default Trying to understand atlas files

I have been messing with some damyos variant files and trying to customize them. I have used the "avatar" method and I have been able to use sengoku parts in a gempei damyo without problems. However when it comes to crests, it doesn't work, they appear as they don't have textures, more specifically with achievment crests. Looking for a solution I came here and found several posts about the atlas files and textures. Althought that crests didn't appeared in the atlas, and that would explain the "missing textures" i also found that most part of my avatar didn't appeared too in the corresponding atlas, but they were able to show ingame. As I said at the begining, i even tried my custom avatar at the Rise of The Samurai campaign and it worked, everything but the achievment crest.
    So, am i missing something? Is atlas only required for some parts? Is there a way to bypass the atlass files?

Default Re: Trying to understand atlas files

Hey i know this is the the place to ask this but here it goes. i made a unit mod for personal use but the unit_variant i made does not appear on the game it shows the texture of the Katana Samurai but i dont know why. could you tell me why is this happening or something that could help me fix this?

Default Re: Trying to understand atlas files

sorry i meant "Hey i know this is not the plane to ask this"