Thread: Alpha/Beta release date?

Default Alpha/Beta release date?

Do you have an idea when there will be a Alpha/Beta =)

Default Re: Alpha/Beta release date?

Woah slow down man, there's still a lot of work to do, probably a couple of years...

As you can maybe see we don't try/want to show every progress right now to develop "in secret" and without a big pressure of the community (I consider most of the big game companies do it this way, too). At which date or if we bring out an alpha / beta version of the mod will be decided inside the development team.
    We havn't discussed anything of this topic yet and that there will come a first release soon is a way to optimistic. But I can say that we try to create the mod in a time like the team needed for Third Age.
    ------------- under the patronage of wangrin --------------

~~~~~~~ Total War: Rise of Mordor at ModDB ~~~~~~~

Can't wait but take your time you need.

With Attila coming out soon, will you try to incorporate some of the new features from it or will you just stick to the current Rome II engine.

We'll decide that once Atilla is released.

a couple of years ?

Lol, dude, who's still going to play this game by then? you can just as well stop working.

Quote Originally Posted by Castel View Post
    a couple of years ?

Lol, dude, who's still going to play this game by then? you can just as well stop working.
    I think you are wrong Castel .
    Just take a look at tatw .The first version of the mod was released 2 years after kingdoms and became the most popular total war mod(the final version was released in 2011) .Also judging from the activity in tatw forums the mod is still very popular .
    I don't see the reason why a well made rome 2 :lotr will not be successfull even after 2 or more years of waiting .
    Last edited by polymorphic; November 11, 2014 at 04:26 AM.

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Well, @cas, you are certainly wrong. There are no fast way. Even pro team would work for ~year to create all content in needed quality. Or you think you can create ~10 units for each faction, somehow create ME map and at least rework building models and reskin them, then UI, OST and other stuff? Nooo I dont think so. Dont forget the gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by polymorphic View Post
    I think you are wrong Castel .
    Just take a look at tatw .The first version of the mod was released 2 years after kingdoms and became the most popular total war mod(the final version was released in 2011) .Also judging from the activity in tatw forums the mod is still very popular .
    I don't see the reason why a well made rome 2 :lotr will not be successfull even after 2 or more years of waiting .
    Because by then a Medieval 3 might already have been released or whatever the game after Attila will be. The biggest gap between TW games has been between M2 and Empire. And considering that Empire and Napoleon are not very interesting for people who want ancient and medieval warfare Medieval 2 was the only option for about 5 years. That has definitely contributed to the success of TATW. Plus TATW had a custom campaign map. We don't even know if we will get this for Rome 2.

Quote Originally Posted by gloin99 View Post
    Because by then a Medieval 3 might already have been released or whatever the game after Attila will be. The biggest gap between TW games has been between M2 and Empire. And considering that Empire and Napoleon are not very interesting for people who want ancient and medieval warfare Medieval 2 was the only option for about 5 years. That has definitely contributed to the success of TATW. Plus TATW had a custom campaign map. We don't even know if we will get this for Rome 2.
    Also Med2, and Napolen/Empire had no same engine. Shogun2, Rome2 and Atilla have same engine so we can easily move to another game with current content.

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

Hmm, quite off-topic, but CA use the same base engine since ETW (ETW, NTW, TWS2 and TWR2), adding evolutions game after game.
    As game engine, or engines are modular, they have evolved depending of CA strategy.
    For example, the battle engine evolve from separate battle types (land and see) to a unique see-land battle system.

But the biggest issue now, is that we still have no tools to modify or create battle and campaign maps. This is a serious issue to create a mod such as TW: RoM.
    And it seems not possible to use TWS2 campaign map tool with TWR2 because the map evolve too much.
    Moreover, very few peoples were able to use the TWS2 Assembly Kit tool to create new map. The only mod that add new landmass to TWS2 is, as far as I know, Morning Sun, thanks to uanime5.
    Last edited by wangrin; December 06, 2014 at 02:57 PM.

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

Yeah we know about this issue but we can't do anything with this. If there will be some more summits tied with Attila modding we'd need smb to make CA know that is the priority mod tool needed is Campaign Map Editor. Battle map editor isn't that much needed and I guess it's built on Campaign map relief. The only reason we'll need Battle map editor is for custom terrain for custom settlements. We can already add custom buildings models but we can't locate them on battle map and can't make custom layout..

Quote Originally Posted by wangrin View Post
    Hmm, quite off-topic, but CA use the same base engine since ETW (ETW, NTW, TWS2 and TWR2), adding evolutions game after game.
    As game engine, or engines are modular, they have evolved depending of CA strategy.
    For example, the battle engine evolve from separate battle types (land and see) to a unique see-land battle system.

But the biggest issue now, is that we still have no tools to modify or create battle and campaign maps. This is a serious issue to create a mod such as TW: RoM.
    And it seems not possible to use TWS2 campaign map tool with TWR2 because the map evolve too much.
    Moreover, very few peoples were able to use the TWS2 Assembly Kit tool to create new map. The only mod that add new landmass to TWS2 is, as far as I know, Morning Sun, thanks to uanime5.
    It's hard to believe but CA actually does what the community says if only enough people say it very often (seasons, politics, fire at will etc). If you want to support the matter you can keep this thread in the official forum alive where I tried to explain why mapping tools woudn't hurt the sales figures of CA's DLC (which is probably one reason why they don't want to release such tool in the near future). http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...-editing-tools.

PS: Of course the engine of ETW is not the same as R2. First engines get enhanced and altered constantly and second most people confuse the Warscape engine with the whole game engine although it is only the graphics engine.
    Last edited by gloin99; December 07, 2014 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Castel View Post
    a couple of years ?

do not listen to this man, people will play i know i will

LiberalsSuckit's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by dayman090 View Post
    do not listen to this man, people will play i know i will
    Yeah, I know I will come back to this game just to play both of the LOTR mods.

Quote Originally Posted by gloin99 View Post
    It's hard to believe but CA actually does what the community says if only enough people say it very often (seasons, politics, fire at will etc). If you want to support the matter you can keep this thread in the official forum alive where I tried to explain why mapping tools woudn't hurt the sales figures of CA's DLC (which is probably one reason why they don't want to release such tool in the near future). http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...-editing-tools.

PS: Of course the engine of ETW is not the same as R2. First engines get enhanced and altered constantly and second most people confuse the Warscape engine with the whole game engine although it is only the graphics engine.
    They really claim that modding tools would impede game sales? That is bonkers. I bought the game so I could play the mods. That was the one and only reason why I spent money on Rome 2.