Thread: Stalfos Event Crash

Default Stalfos Event Crash

Playing as Darknut, and in the later stages of the long freeform campaign, (Turn ~160+) I get an event that tells me the Stalfos are growing in number and attacking. ("The Undead are upon us!" I believe is the name of the event)

After this event pops up, the game crashes. I try and load the autosave, and the game crashes. I've even gone back to a previous save some several turns prior and tried changing different conditions (towns owned, allies and enemies, and remaining active factions as Gohma had only one territory left at that point) and the game still refuses to continue once the said event begins.

I'd also like to mention that a few turns before the event a random Stalfos general spawns near Hyrule Prime, on top of a river, so it's impossible to attack him directly. But upon approach several undead units spawn around mine, and then I am able to attack the general indirectly by attacking a nearby unit. Killing the general and the nearby undead units does not stop the undead event from occurring and crashing the game.

I'd like some help with this, as I've been playing this for some time without much problem besides the random spontaneous glitch that is fixed by restarting the game.

Default Re: Stalfos Event Crash

My theory is that because the event spawns around 30 armies on the map, it's too much and it crashes.

Though, since you got to the Stalfos event, that means you experienced the Sheikah event. Can you tell me exactly what happens? I've never been able to get it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by El Fonz0 View Post
    My theory is that because the event spawns around 30 armies on the map, it's too much and it crashes.

Though, since you got to the Stalfos event, that means you experienced the Sheikah event. Can you tell me exactly what happens? I've never been able to get it to work.
    By the time the Shiekah event occurred, I believe Hyrule had already been defeated by another faction. Either by the Gohma or Ordana, I'm not sure. I hadn't contacted Hyrule yet and was focusing on spreading northward into Gohma territory, and by the time I reached Hyrule their lands were owned by both.

The Shiekah event passed, nothing significant happened and I never got to contact them. Somewhere between 10-30 turns later, I got the notification that the Shiekah were defeated, and if the cities I captured were to tell, they were able to at least take hold of Kakariko, Hyrule Prime, and Snowpeak for a while before they were taken out.

Interesting theory though. I do have a rather beefy computer, but I can understand if that's the problem. (on the turn the stalfos event begins, it loads for some time before the crash.) But I don't see any new spawned units anywhere that I owned. (Darknut territories and a few south of that, all of Misery Mire, and north-east Hyrule)

Quote Originally Posted by Brisineo View Post
    By the time the Shiekah event occurred, I believe Hyrule had already been defeated by another faction. Either by the Gohma or Ordana, I'm not sure. I hadn't contacted Hyrule yet and was focusing on spreading northward into Gohma territory, and by the time I reached Hyrule their lands were owned by both.

The Shiekah event passed, nothing significant happened and I never got to contact them. Somewhere between 10-30 turns later, I got the notification that the Shiekah were defeated, and if the cities I captured were to tell, they were able to at least take hold of Kakariko, Hyrule Prime, and Snowpeak for a while before they were taken out.

Interesting theory though. I do have a rather beefy computer, but I can understand if that's the problem. (on the turn the stalfos event begins, it loads for some time before the crash.) But I don't see any new spawned units anywhere that I owned. (Darknut territories and a few south of that, all of Misery Mire, and north-east Hyrule)
    Hmm, interesting. Whenever the Sheikah spawn for me, the game always crashes. In fact, my game seems to crash if they own kakariko. I'm not sure if it has to do with the impa defect event or something else.

For the Stalfos, it's around 30 armies spawning on the map at once. All over the place. Though, I'm not sure if this is the case, but some might be spawning on invalid tiles, like lake Hylia or the seas.

Brisineo,

I posted about this a few days ago myself:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...HTW-3-6/page12
    Towards the bottom of page 12. There were some suggestions but we're still figuring it out.

If you figure it out, can you let us know? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by El Fonz0 View Post
    For the Stalfos, it's around 30 armies spawning on the map at once. All over the place. Though, I'm not sure if this is the case, but some might be spawning on invalid tiles, like lake Hylia or the seas.
    Well, if all 30 armies spawning was in the same code Scripted line. That might be why. If the Coded Armies were in different Code lines that may fix it. So like you have all 30 spawn on the same turn. But they spawn like 3 at a time. This could fix that lag you were talking about.

An other reason why it could be crashing is because a few certain units that cause CTDs go into battle or are attacked by the Stalfos. This same thing could apple to the River Zora.
    The ones I know of that are listed in the "CP 4b" are...
    Vaati,
    Shrine of Courage,
    Hylian Wizards or King Dodongo,
    Mazura,
    Manhandlites,
    Ikana Cannons and Bats.

I think that's all.

Lastly there is this Bug...

Bug 35 - Freeform Campaign - After Battle Crash
    - A documented crash that also existed in 3.5, this crash occurs when finishing a battle that has multiple armies (stacks) involved. It is theorized that this crash occurs due to the execution animation or the total number of units involved.
    Last edited by Eldren; September 17, 2014 at 01:16 PM.