Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iron Continent - Wars of wrath

Default Iron Continent - Wars of wrath

Iron Continent - Wars of Wrath
    Currently under development, Iron Continent is a semi-realistic fantasy Overhaul, this means that you won't be seeing dragons or wizards but a variety of civilizations made from my imagination and influences from real world civilizations such as the Roman Republic/Empire, Greek city states, Germanic and Gallic tribes, Persia and The Samaritan tribes will all have some sort of influence on my creation of the models, other than that everything will be my own ideas and concepts.

Features
    *12 planned factions at the moment, could be increased as mod development continues.
    *up-to 170 regions, currently 101 regions are included in the map, this may change.
    *Diverse and unique faction rosters
    *Custom settlements on the map for e.g A wall that acts as a settlement, but blocks off a certain part of the map (Like Hadrians wall)
    *Challenging AI, with economical benefits to help out the AI
    *Custom family names and traits.
    *New UI and mod relevant historical battles
    More Features to come.

Screen shots of current progress
    A preview of the campaign map, currently being made.

The Solomon Isles
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RomeTW 2014-09-16 07-03-29-35.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	123.2 KB 
ID:	314393Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RomeTW 2014-09-16 07-03-32-45.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	136.5 KB 
ID:	314394Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RomeTW 2014-09-16 07-03-36-33.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	149.3 KB 
ID:	314395Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RomeTW 2014-09-16 07-03-38-43.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	133.9 KB 
ID:	314396Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RomeTW 2014-09-16 07-03-40-76.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	127.5 KB 
ID:	314397Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RomeTW 2014-09-16 07-03-45-98.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	122.5 KB 
ID:	314398

*Do note that the ground type in this photo was not yet complete, ignore that for now*

Currently, i am a single person team which i am fine With, there is plenty of help around the TWC forums if i get stuck, but as it is, i wouldn't mind having someone to share this mod with, i can do everything but model, Scripting i have a bit a knowledge in from past experiences (Arma II & III, Age of empires I, II, III) So if you are interested, shoot me a pm and we can arrange something

Last edited by Thesban The Great; September 21, 2014 at 08:51 AM. Reason: New intro post

Basileos Predator's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Iron Continent - Wars of wrath

Well, good luck with your mod!

Faction Preview (Reserved)
    Last edited by Thesban The Great; September 21, 2014 at 08:53 AM.

Faction preview

Name:	Screenshot (2).png 
Views:	2 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	312661
    Lydena - Worships Matheius - the god of prosperity and fortitude
    The strong willed Lydenian people are orginaly from the dark hills, a vast forest land of dark dwellings. The Lydenian people, tall, long hair and pale skinned are accustom to this region, these men are no stranger to war, they were found on the idea of war. The civilization of Lydena was originally just small war mongering tribes under chieftains, until a tribe from the southern river region, Know as "The Red River" For it's bloody history of river battles. A man by the name of Gysius, the leader of the tribe Carthilus Marched with 20,000 troops, nearly half the population under his command, to unite Lydena and put a stop to the fighting that had ravaged the country for generations.

The main Fighting style in Lydena was sword and shield, with chain mail coat and cloth pants, and a helment made of leather and chain. the men were heavy infantry that fought in blocks of 10 across and 16 deep. This was Changed when Gysius Had reformed his army into a coralax army, light infantry with wooden oval shields, short stabbing sword and 2 throwing spears, they were called Hillius, young men usually filled the positions. The hillax was a tight formation of spear armed men called hilux, consisting of about 160, 12 across and 14 deep, they wielded curved hyron shields with a breach in the shield to stab enemies.

The support of this army was unique, with cavalry a rare in this region, the men of lydena that rode on horse back were some of the finest in the world, using a spear pole but with a short curved sword blade on the end made a unique fighting style, a long but thin sword called a rafa, was their second weapon and was used in close combat. skirmishers was the down side to this power house of an army, they have to use mercenaries to get skirmishers and archers are not of great quality, mix this with a damaged population and causes some hardship through out the game.

Located on the tip of the world, the alps in game will be a gift and a problem, while war still rages within the country, foreign people seek to claim the land for its prosperity, rich in iron and gold, the country has a steady economy, but lacks in population due to recent wars between the people.

Kirila the Kitten's Avatar Primicerius

Hey man, when you'll need a skinner for the units give me a call.

Hey man, i defiantly will, I've been working relentlessly to get the map i would like

Have you considered adding dragons as mercenaries ? You can see what I'm talking about in the another thread. The faction you've described sounds very cool!

Perhaps a cave-dwelling faction with underground cities? That would be original.

Hey mate, i did have a look at your idea i do like it, as such i haven't thought all the factions out yet, i would like a small but dedicated team to work on this not just my self, but yes i would like to add them, although your idea just wouldn't work in the way you intended it to, it can only have 1 skeleton to a entity, so i could go into that and work something out. Cheers for the input tho

Faction Preview

Name:	Screenshot (3).png 
Views:	1 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	312993
    Rotana - Central mountainous men - Worships Carutha - Goddess of Hope

Rotana, a once peaceful state, now turned into a bloody killing machine at the turn of the century, a plague had ridden these lands from a dark omen in the west, The Haragi.
    Rotana had shared the central alps and mountains with their neighboring tribe the Venti, but this plague ravaged all, with hordes of twisted fighters, rotana had a huge war
    on it's hands, with no central leader, towns and villages of this country need to be united, under one banner. Rotana fights with bravery, usually honoring the code
    of war, they are merciful.
    Fighting with their favored weapon, the hiptus, a short double edged blade used for quick thrusts and slashes, with a combination of both shield
    and dual wielding. Spear man of this region are unique with the sense that they have some of the best attack methods in the known world but lack good defense. Wearing interlocking-leather Armour
    enables for light movement, adding steel plating into the interlocking of their Armour makes for heavy troops. While horses aren't ridden in this region at all due to the terrain
    another breed of ferocious animal is used, a Sabre-Starg. similar to a giant wolf, these are brutally strong beasts with the ability to climb the alps and mountains, they have power
    like no other, causing fear and horror due to their bite and howl these are the true beasts of war. A serious issue of economy has struck these strong folk, with most other nations regarding these
    men as "sub-human" or barbarians this means little profit from trade and more hostilities.

Right, well the dragon doesn't need a rider... if that's what you're getting at. I imagine the caves could work too... just a lot of difficult hurdles to overcome I imagine.

Another idea that I've had is an aquatic faction. Like mermaids, but able to roam onto land obviously in order to fight and expand. Many obstacles with that idea as well.

The faction you just described sounds very cool! In contrast, but in the same theme.... how about another mountain faction but in a far away land, in the desert mountains. They could have giant scorpions that grab and crush people? I'm full of ideas

If you would like, whether you have modding skills or not, that can be learnt, but would you like to help with the mod?

I would like to! Unfortunately I don't have a good computer, nor any of the programs necessary. :/ Maybe one day

If you can run Rome total war that is one component, and i can assign you as a Skinner, gimp is the software i use, it's simple and doesn't require much skill

We should chat. I'm going to send you a PM.

Last edited by Thesban The Great; September 14, 2014 at 09:20 AM.

Faction Preview (Reserved)
    Last edited by Thesban The Great; September 21, 2014 at 08:55 AM.

New and re-worked map to be shown sometime today, pretty exciting

With the map coming along, i thought i'd show some aesthetics of the mod, this is most likely going to be the loading screen of the mod.

Name:	artwork-warriors_00273367.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	617.4 KB 
ID:	313807

Update Time
    These are the new images of an island on the new map that i have been working on, with the ground not being finalized and the names merely place holder
    I Present you the Solomon Isles

Name:	RomeTW 2014-09-15 00-12-52-21.jpg 
Size:	106.2 KB 
ID:	313956Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RomeTW 2014-09-15 00-13-00-53.jpg 
Size:	144.0 KB 
ID:	313957Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RomeTW 2014-09-15 00-13-02-96.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	141.3 KB 
ID:	313958Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RomeTW 2014-09-15 00-13-06-06.jpg 
Size:	126.9 KB 
ID:	313959Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RomeTW 2014-09-15 00-13-08-63.jpg 
Size:	156.7 KB 
ID:	313960

Updated solomon island to be shown soon, along with a new section of the map being reveled

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast