Thread: Is there any way to turn down those smoke effects

Icon5 Is there any way to turn down those smoke effects

i want to play this mod, so bad. like, so, SO BAD. but, when i reach the glorious 18th century battle goodness, my computer runs it at 60 fps.......for a while. Then after the first volley, those god damned eternal smoke clouds just ruin my fps, droping it down to 20 or so. is there any way to turn them off/ down? i downloaded the DME platinum edition, btw

Default Re: Is there any way to turn down those smoke effects

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra98 View Post
    i want to play this mod, so bad. like, so, SO BAD. but, when i reach the glorious 18th century battle goodness, my computer runs it at 60 fps.......for a while. Then after the first volley, those god damned eternal smoke clouds just ruin my fps, droping it down to 20 or so. is there any way to turn them off/ down? i downloaded the DME platinum edition, btw
    Load the launcher go to options and graphics and Enhanced Effects (BSM) and select OFF to have back vanilla smoke effects which is not fps hungry or my suggestion is to put the option on LIGHT which is a lighter version of the Enhanced Effects (BSM) and should not lag for you.

Default Re: Is there any way to turn down those smoke effects

omg thanks,i was trying to find a way to turn down the smoke because it was lagging the game,and this is what i was supposed to do,jee thanks