Thread: Ara Pacis in colour!

Default Ara Pacis in colour!

For the bimillennium of Augustus' death the Ara Pacis has been lit up by digital projected light.

Here it is:

http://roma.repubblica.it/cronaca/20...-94125565/1/#1

Here is the crowd waiting to get in:

http://video.repubblica.it/edizione/...46?ref=HRESS-2

Apparently we Italians can behave in a line!

neoptolemos's Avatar Breatannach Romanus

Default Re: Ara Pacis in colour!

Beautiful virtual reconstruction of the colours.
    Now it looks more Greco-Roman than before actually, as the white marble sculptures/reliefs weren't a norm back then
    Quem faz injúria vil e sem razão,Com forças e poder em que está posto,Não vence; que a vitória verdadeira É saber ter justiça nua e inteira-He who, solely to oppress,Employs or martial force, or power, achieves No victory; but a true victory Is gained,when justice triumphs and prevails.
    Luís de Camões

Awesome , even better than plain colors , I tought it would have come out like a punch in the eye kind of like the Hindu temples but it come out really better than tought.
    Also the swastika decorations are more visible.

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

Apparently the show has been extended until 09/07 so I will probably go to check it out.Crazy the fact it was supposed to be only for one night.

Good things are happening at the moment for the monumental elements in Rome.Works for the Trevi fountain, the Spanish steps, the Colosseum and the Circus Maximus which is being partly excavated.Unfortunately the Mausoleum of Augusts is in a state of neglect though money has been recently found and works should start soon with a 2015 opening.If anyone is planning to vist Rome you should do it in 2015/16.

Hobbes's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Those are not swastikas, Prometheus.

BLM - ANTIFA - A.C.A.B. - ANARCHY - ANTI-NATIONALISM

neoptolemos's Avatar Breatannach Romanus

Exactly they are maiandroi
    Quem faz injúria vil e sem razão,Com forças e poder em que está posto,Não vence; que a vitória verdadeira É saber ter justiça nua e inteira-He who, solely to oppress,Employs or martial force, or power, achieves No victory; but a true victory Is gained,when justice triumphs and prevails.
    Luís de Camões

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

This is amazing. I love it! I also recently took pictures of Ara Pacis monument fragments at the Vatican during my vacation to Germany, Austria, and Italy. To see it as it would have originally looked is quite striking and mesmerizing. It really lets your imagination run wild as to how Rome actually looked in antiquity. Another good example of recoloring would be the recent recreation of the Augustus of Prima Porta statue.

Its the same thing , swastika motiph is extremely diffused in greek and roman art as a type of meander .

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]