View Poll Results: Which team will WIN the Champions League?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Athletico Madrid

0 0%
  • Juventus

2 4.76%
  • Olympiakos

0 0%
  • Malmo

0 0%
  • Real Madrid

4 9.52%
  • FC Basel

0 0%
  • Liverpool

1 2.38%
  • Ludogorets Razgrad

0 0%
  • Benfica

0 0%
  • Zenit St Petersburg

1 2.38%
  • Bayer Leverkusen

0 0%
  • Monaco

1 2.38%
  • Arsenal

2 4.76%
  • Borussia Dortmund

3 7.14%
  • Galatasaray

1 2.38%
  • Anderlecht

1 2.38%
  • Bayern Munich

9 21.43%
  • Manchester City

0 0%
  • CSKA Moscow

0 0%
  • Roma

0 0%
  • Barcelona

8 19.05%
  • Paris St-Germain

1 2.38%
  • Ajax

0 0%
  • Apoel Nicosia

0 0%
  • Chelsea

6 14.29%
  • Schalke

0 0%
  • Sporting Lisbon

0 0%
  • Maribor

1 2.38%
  • Porto

1 2.38%
  • Shaktar Donetsk

0 0%
  • Athletico Bilbao

0 0%
  • BATE Borisov

0 0%
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Champions League 2014/2015

Default Re: Champions League 2014/2015

I had the oportunity to wacth Sporting vs Chelsea yesterday but didnt go, the tickets are very pricey, here in Portugal, that is why you very rarely have full stadiums. And now with the crisis, and austerity is even worse.
    The tickets in London and in Spain for instance are much cheaper then here for the leagues anyway.
    Besides it wanst Porto playing anyway.
    Regardless champions tickets are way overpriced its insane. they are arround 100 euros and such and those are the cheaper ones. Chelsea on the other hand were selling them at 41 euros, the tickets it recieved from sporting, and even then is very expensivce for what it is.

Sporting - Shalckae is 99 euros ffs.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; October 02, 2014 at 05:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sabaku_no_gaara View Post
    Here's something I filmed yesterday by the way, man those Dortmund fans are an intimidating bunch, they kept singing for 90 minutes, they where louder than us, German fans sure 10 leagues above Belgian fans (who you can see at the last 2 seconds of the video), now I can't wait to see how the Arsenal fans will be.

Serbia flag at the beginning and in the end
    Dortmund fans are impressive, much better then anything in Belgium or England.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    I had the oportunity to wacth Sporting vs Chelsea yesterday but didnt go, the tickets are very pricey, here in Portugal, that is why you very rarely have full stadiums. And now with the crisis, and austerity is even worse.
    The tickets in London and in Spain for instance are much cheaper then here for the leagues anyway.
    Besides it wanst Porto playing anyway.
    Regardless champions tickets are way overpriced its insane. they are arround 100 euros and such and those are the cheaper ones. Chelsea on the other hand were selling them at 41 euros, the tickets it received from sporting, and even then is very expensivce for what it is.

Sporting - Shalckae is 99 euros ffs.
    You guys should totally make some protest about it. Based on grammar errors you made I see you are pretty pissed off with it. What's your favorite Portuguese club btw, Benfica IIRC?

Stavros_Kalmpou's Avatar Senator

From the matches, what I remember is APOEL's banner with Ajax. Tears came to my eyes! If anybody wants, I can upload it.
    For the Sake of Love
    Aristeia Total War AAR as the Trojans. Join in and watch as the Greatest war in history of man begins, a war For the Sake of Love

You guys should totally make some protest about it. Based on grammar errors you made I see you are pretty pissed off with it. What's your favorite Portuguese club btw, Benfica IIRC?
    Hehe yeah, i guess im more outraged by the pricing of the tickets here in Portugal then anything else.
    But im used to it, since we joined the euro this things are more expensive.

Sometimes however i can find some friends in the suport fans groups that sell tickets, like 5 euro or so.
    But not for the champions.
    My favorite club is F.C. Porto of course. not Benfica.
    I laughed when Benfica lost to zenit home because you know hulk...

This feature though Porto totaly should have won against shakhtar btw, but it was a very weird game to say the least, some amazing quality players it has, like Oliver torres, Tello and brahimi, but they are somewhat lacking in experience in the champions, and the manager keeps changing the team every match, wich didnt help either, Martinez should have played from the start.
    One thing is for sure the team is very talented, and there isnt a lack of options.
    This match Marcano was a pleasant suprise playing as Pivot defensive midfielder for instance.

As the match goes, there was a penalty that the referee didnt see, another one that Brahimi missed, and we gifted two goals to shakhtar players. While shakhtar did defended well, in the last minutes, Quintero and Martinez sprunged from the bench to wreak havoc, and we end up with the equaliser, knowing we could have won that match easily.

Also there are much worrysome things going on in my country then the price of football tickets, and people did protested not long ago for diferent reasons, just like the Greeks and the Spanish etc. But it is another matter.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; October 02, 2014 at 01:31 PM.

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Petrucci View Post
    Oh Treva, scherzoso giocoso.
    Un bacchio per te, caro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrucci View Post
    Dortmund fans are impressive, much better then anything in Belgium or England.
    Please visit South America, where the fans behave like East Europeans, and sometimes worse. Pyrotechnic displays, giant flags, nudity, field invasions, fence climbing, etc. etc. are fairly common. And Brazilian displays are womanly choreographic shows unworthy of being called passion.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

I hear gun fights are quite common on Argentinian stadiums.
    Oh Sud America condivide cosa così tanti con Sicilia, mi fa sentire nostalgia.

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

Well, gun fights, knife fights, people killing each other by shooting fireworks from one end of the stadium to another, it has all happened within living memory.
    And yes, the immigrants from Sicilia, Apulia, Lucania, etc. (basically anyone from Southern Italy) were the largest contingent at one point.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

Roma is getting raped. 1-7 at home against Bayern.
    And Luiz Adriano scored 5 goals against BATE.

Gatsby's Avatar Punctual Romantic

I really don't see Munich failing to win this CL if they keep the quality of their last 10 matches up. Hell I'd give them a fighting chance with their second best 11.
    You'll have more fun at a Glasgow stabbing than an Edinburgh wedding.

Under the patronage of the mighty Dante von Hespburg

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

7-1, 7-0, 6-0, 4-3, that are quite the scorelines.

Number of goals by night Record broken!

Rome pillaged by the Germans in 410, 1527 and 2014

454-480 Western Roman Politics (Article)
    There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. - W. Shakespeare
    We (...) have converted the miracles of science into a chamber of horrors -R. Hull

USA knew how to gain a victory, but not how to use it - F.J. Nepos
    You will be ruled by either a crown, a clown, or a crook, and democracy assures that you won't get the first one.

Some referees have troube telling the difference betwen a face and hand... shamefull display benefiting schalke.... From what i could tell they ought to be raped in Lisbon next feature. Sporting cleary was the better team imo. Not easy feat going toe to toe with Schalke in Germany with only 10 players...

the new username's Avatar Praepositus

Yeah it sucked for Sporting. But what matters is that Sporting was superior, and refballs don't happen always
    I'm pretty sure Sporting has a chance to win at Alvalade.

Porto playing that crappy version of tiki-taka again, a lot of tactical mistakes made by Casemiro and Maicon, our luck was that we were playing against Athelic, because if it was against a stronger team they wouldn't forgive.
    And I don't know what the hell happened with Jackson today
    Last edited by the new username; October 21, 2014 at 05:18 PM.

Roma is the new Brazil, and Maicon was at both... Lucky for him he didnt actually play today.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

You guys think the Ludogorets - Basel match will have plenty of goals?

Apart from that game i suspect not many more will be high scoring encounters. Atletico, Jeventus, Zenit/Leverkusen, Monaco... all seem to have strong defenses. Liverpool will probably place up a defensive lineup without balotelli.

Azog 150's Avatar Civitate

Rodgers doesn't seem to know how to do defensive line ups, which is a worry. I really don't know how tonight is going to go. All the signs based off our squads recent form, and the fact that Real Madrid are Real Madrid, suggests Real Madrid will batter us. But I know for a fact Anfield is going to be absolutely booming, and my instincts tell me we're in with a chance whenever that happens. Can't wait.
    Last edited by Azog 150; October 22, 2014 at 04:59 AM.
    Under the Patronage of Jom!

Quote Originally Posted by the new username View Post
    Yeah it sucked for Sporting. But what matters is that Sporting was superior, and refballs don't happen always
    I'm pretty sure Sporting has a chance to win at Alvalade.

Porto playing that crappy version of tiki-taka again, a lot of tactical mistakes made by Casemiro and Maicon, our luck was that we were playing against Athelic, because if it was against a stronger team they wouldn't forgive.
    And I don't know what the hell happened with Jackson today
    It wasnt his night, and yeah Porto need to play suporting football not that crap tiki taka, we dont have proper central backs or defensive midfielders for that ( maicon and indi are good but they arent very fast to play football like this, and without suport a high defensive line will be prone to mistakes, wich is basicaly the reason for most of goals suffered this season, being tika-taking between defensive midfield and the central backs.... ridiculous).

Also Casemiro isnt even a defensive midfielder he is just being used that way... Porto improved alot when Ruben neves and Brahimi begun playing in the midle.

I wonder what will be the excuse for benching quaresma now...
    Also want to highlight fabiano, nice GK Porto has there. In fact Porto Problem isnt its players, maybe a proper 6 is missing there, but still, they need to drop that tiki-taka stuff, they cant play it.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; October 22, 2014 at 12:12 PM.

I could not resist; who burned Rome?

I hope Dortmund would not do another Rome to us this evening.
    In tribute to concerned friends:
    - You know nothing Jon Snow.

Samples from the Turkish Cuisine by white-wolf

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Arsenal are as as they are lucky.