View Poll Results: Which team will WIN the Champions League?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Athletico Madrid

0 0%
  • Juventus

2 4.76%
  • Olympiakos

0 0%
  • Malmo

0 0%
  • Real Madrid

4 9.52%
  • FC Basel

0 0%
  • Liverpool

1 2.38%
  • Ludogorets Razgrad

0 0%
  • Benfica

0 0%
  • Zenit St Petersburg

1 2.38%
  • Bayer Leverkusen

0 0%
  • Monaco

1 2.38%
  • Arsenal

2 4.76%
  • Borussia Dortmund

3 7.14%
  • Galatasaray

1 2.38%
  • Anderlecht

1 2.38%
  • Bayern Munich

9 21.43%
  • Manchester City

0 0%
  • CSKA Moscow

0 0%
  • Roma

0 0%
  • Barcelona

8 19.05%
  • Paris St-Germain

1 2.38%
  • Ajax

0 0%
  • Apoel Nicosia

0 0%
  • Chelsea

6 14.29%
  • Schalke

0 0%
  • Sporting Lisbon

0 0%
  • Maribor

1 2.38%
  • Porto

1 2.38%
  • Shaktar Donetsk

0 0%
  • Athletico Bilbao

0 0%
  • BATE Borisov

0 0%
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Champions League 2014/2015

sabaku_no_gaara's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Champions League 2014/2015

After a huge hangover I've had some time to reflect and...

nope, still angry about last nights game, not so much at Arsenal any more and more at our own coach who decided it was a good idea to bring Leander Dendoncker on the pitch and at Praet who 6 minutes before the end asks to be subbed because he was tired! you make 900.000€ per year, bite your teeth and play on for christs sake, now Dendoncker had to come in your place and boom the organisation was gone.

We are going to end 4th in the group, Dortmund will trash us at home, Arsenal will probably defeat us at home aswell, they weren't at full strength in this game, and they will put in a lot more effort when playing for their home crowd.

We will probably beat Galatasaray, but this arsenal will never ever win from Galatasaray in Turkey! NEVER So that will mean:

1 Dortmund
    2 Arsenal
    3 Galatasaray
    4 RSC Anderlecht

by the way, did you know that 7 of our players at one point where on Arsenal's radar? Praet even came to London when he was 16 where he was tested but eventually Arsenal decided he wasn't good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by sabaku_no_gaara View Post
    We will probably beat Galatasaray, but this arsenal will never ever win from Galatasaray in Turkey! NEVER So that will mean:
    Depending on who is fit for that game I can see us winning in Turkey.

Revenge for 2000 and all...
    "Our opponent is an alien starship packed with atomic bombs," I said. "We have a protractor."

Under Patronage of: Captain Blackadder

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sabaku_no_gaara View Post
    !
    Can't really lay blame on anyone for a smash and grab in the last two minutes. If anything your guys paid for try to break the game up in the last ten minutes and the ref adding time on. But that's what any team would do trying to hang on to a one goal lead..

Depending on who is fit for that game I can see us winning in Turkey.
    Barring any more injuries by then we should be near full strength. Walcott will be back as will Kos and Chesney. Diaby might even make the bench (seriously I saw him play about three weeks ago and he looked fine).. He's going to become our holding rock, mark my words.....

Cold_Mac's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    You're in the same boat as us, could throw Utd in there as well. Wenger claimed there just weren't any quality defenders around (Vermaelen-Hello!), and how Lescott (a free) managed to slip under the radar is anyone's guess.
    Lescott? I don't think he is particularly good at that level. Still probably more of a "defender" than Monreal.

The CB position is probably undergoing just as much changes at the high level as the much-publicised trend of forwards functioning as deep-lying pivots. Sure the technical & athletic requirements for the modern, pressing game are the cause of it but I'd love to see a resurface of the John Terry-type CB. An utter pumpkin of a man off the pitch but one of the most reliable, determined individuals to lead your defense.

Antonius Conte was the first to try to bypass this development cycle with a back 3. It got more popular at the WC 2014, let's see how it affects this years CL.
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.
    Shale: Even though I have never demonstrated this aspect? How peculiar.
    Leliana: You aren't all stone, Shale. There is a person inside of you.
    Shale: If so, it is because I ate it.

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by TWmodding View Post
    [COLOR=#141823]Rome pillaged by the Germans in 410, 1527 and 2014
    Don't the Vandals count?
    Quote Originally Posted by Azog 150 View Post
    Rodgers doesn't seem to know how to do defensive line ups, which is a worry. I really don't know how tonight is going to go. All the signs based off our squads recent form, and the fact that Real Madrid are Real Madrid, suggests Real Madrid will batter us. But I know for a fact Anfield is going to be absolutely booming, and my instincts tell me we're in with a chance whenever that happens. Can't wait.
    Your lot had the chance, but if you're planning on wasting chances against Real Madrid then you deserve to get toasted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Arsenal are as as they are lucky.
    The unconvincibles very nearly won the Double in that manner.
    Quote Originally Posted by MemnonOfRhodes View Post
    My logic has been screwed up royally.

Win against Athletico, defeat against Malmo, then a another win against Juventus.
    I know there is some advantage in playing home, but damn....
    Scrape a draw away in Torino and a 3-1-2 second place is guaranteed. How doe sthe song go? Είσαι στο μιαλο…
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by Treva, the Renewer View Post

Scrape a draw away in Torino and a 3-1-2 second place is guaranteed. How doe sthe song go? Είσαι στο μιαλο…
    μαλακία είναι αυτό, φίλε.

But seriously this your typical Greek team, win against teams that nobody expected, lose against teams you should beat, and then barely come second for the qualification.
    From the amateur team to the National team, all the same.
    Last edited by MemnonOfRhodes; October 24, 2014 at 01:12 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_Mac View Post
    Lescott? I don't think he is particularly good at that level. Still probably more of a "defender" than Monreal.
    A big lump with a decent bit of pace and a huge point to prove. He's doing alright at WBA and would have provided infinitely better cover than Monreal..

The CB position is probably undergoing just as much changes at the high level as the much-publicised trend of forwards functioning as deep-lying pivots. Sure the technical & athletic requirements for the modern, pressing game are the cause of it but I'd love to see a resurface of the John Terry-type CB. An utter pumpkin of a man off the pitch but one of the most reliable, determined individuals to lead your defense.

Antonius Conte was the first to try to bypass this development cycle with a back 3. It got more popular at the WC 2014, let's see how it affects this years CL.
    The archetypal CB will always be big, physically strong with good positional sense. The only thing that really ever changed was some CB's having the ability to power straight up the pitch and score goals. Terry is a great player, nasty horrible cretin off the pitch, but yeh, great player on it.

Conte picked up playing three at the back at AC Milan. 3CB/sweeper systems were pretty common in Italy through the 80/90's. Never really caught on here until recently with a few teams playing a deep holding player (sweeper) and attacking wing backs. I still can't get used to it, but that's because when it goes wrong, gets exposed (as happens all too often with Arsenal) it tends to be bloody spectacular..

Give me a classic back four any day, solid reliable, only cross the half way line for corners and set pieces..

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

There's been a trend towards ball playing CBs the past few years. All the top CBs since Vidic and Terry peaked have been in the mould of Pique and Thiago Silva

Halie Conte was Juventus coach .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    Halie Conte was Juventus coach .
    My mistake, I thought he played for Milan, maybe he just looks like someone else since he grew new hair...

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    My mistake, I thought he played for Milan, maybe he just looks like someone else since he grew new hair...
    Conte did grew more hair, a transplant of hair so i hear. I remember when he was bald playing the National team. Nice player.

Blog Entries

Kind of looking forward to Sabaku blowing another gasket when, as I suspect, Le Arse give Anderlecht a hammering tonight..

sabaku_no_gaara's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Arsenal-Anderlecht tonight! Wish I was in London with the guys of my supportersclub, but my daughter has to be in the hospital tomorrow, so we'll be staying in a hotel in Leuven (where the hospital is) I'm going to have to find a pub somewhere to watch, won't be ranting tonight Halie.

Secretely hoping for a Miracle victory! But it won't happen, Defour is injured so...

Oh Arsenal..

Not to shabby game Liverpool, not single good chance, but best defense performance this session.
    Oh poor le Arse, you made Sabaku happy

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    Administrator Emeritus

Apparently Wenger is wet and livid on the side-lines - but when you don't buy decent defenders.... 3-0 and cruising through to the next round and instead we have to see if we can leave it to the last game no doubt. Still, good fightback from Anderlecht.

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

The race for second place between Juventus and Olympiacos will be interesting, to say the least. If Juve get any points when they face Malmö it'll be up to Olympiacos to try and salvage any points in Madrid.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

Cold_Mac's Avatar Senator

I'd put my money on Olympiacos.

Ugh. Real - Liverpool little more than an exhibition bout. Real totally dominant without even getting out of neutral. After the humiliation at Anfield Rodgers got his excuses in early by naming a weakened team. The idea put forward by the ITV pundits that this was somehow a "missed opportunity" for Liverpool is laughable.
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.
    Shale: Even though I have never demonstrated this aspect? How peculiar.
    Leliana: You aren't all stone, Shale. There is a person inside of you.
    Shale: If so, it is because I ate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_Mac View Post

Ugh. Real - Liverpool little more than an exhibition bout. Real totally dominant without even getting out of neutral. After the humiliation at Anfield Rodgers got his excuses in early by naming a weakened team. The idea put forward by the ITV pundits that this was somehow a "missed opportunity" for Liverpool is laughable.
    Right. I forgot to underline that Liverpool is saving their best player for match against us.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Classic arsenal.