Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415

Thread: Augustus DLC expansion with family tree & more

Default Re: Augustus DLC expansion with family tree & more

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    I insist to this:
    It has no matter if the incomming DLC will fix the game entirely or not or if it will add more units and who will they be!
    What matters is that CA tricked the ENTIRE hardcore fun base of the TW games.
    The majority of the early pre-orders and early sales came from that base of customers.
    Those that TRUST CA and its products (TW games) and they were willing to spend some money for the latest TW addition.
    CA started to trick those hardcore funs of it by delivering an unfinished product.
    Then offered in HIGH prices DLCs that were ment to be PART of the main game from the start.
    The hardcore FUNS spend more or less 100 or more euros under their love for TW games!
    Now CA comes and in reality mock those that give the TW games the money base that the company can rely on and actually says " You were fools"!!!!!!!
    Now you funded us with your precius money we are able to sell the ENTIRE game and its DLCs in the 1/3 of the money YOU GAVE US to continue exist as COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Not only we sell the game in that 1/3 price but YOU FOOLS will have to pay AGAIN 1/3 more money to have the SAME game the "new" customers will have soon!!!!!
    So those that trusted CA actually funded the creation of the game without having a claim from the profits of it!
    Not only that but those that give CA a standard income to continue expand and continue develop TW GAMES will pay 400% more for their product!!!!!!!!!!
    That is the main ISSUE of the latest DLC!!!!!!!
    Wake up...Some one steal us but we are still sleeping!!!!!!!!!
    2, this is a shame for display!!!
    454-480 Western Roman Politics (Article)
    There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. - W. Shakespeare
    We (...) have converted the miracles of science into a chamber of horrors -R. Hull

USA knew how to gain a victory, but not how to use it - F.J. Nepos
    You will be ruled by either a crown, a clown, or a crook, and democracy assures that you won't get the first one.

The DLC will be a gift from SEGA? Considering how much money the fans made SEGA:

http://www.vg247.com/2014/05/09/sega...sical-decline/

1.13 millions units pertaining to ROMEII sold according to that article. As long as SEGA sees a rise in profit, then well, good luck getting change done. And we'll probably have the Golden Emperor, Platina Emperor, Complete Emperor edition, etc, etc, etc.

How crappy a product can we make while they will still buy it? Is that what they are thinking? Kudos to the marketing department.

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Thing is, most of Rome II sales were probably made as pre-orders and the initial hype train. The bubble began to burst when people started learning AND posting online abut the game's deadly flaws. Meanwhile, Shogun II sold well in a balanced way all the years since it's release.

And as for the expansion, it was already clear that it would not contain family trees. That requires a rework of the game, which they will never do, or in fact, are too incompetent and lazy to ever do. One can only hope that some modder finds some leak in the code which allows him to create at least something resembling (and supposed to work like) a full-fledged family tree. Empire didn't have family trees either, but mods implemented it in some form. But then, that game wasn't doomed as much as Rome II is.

This expansion will hardly add to the game. Perhaps another stupid mini-campaign about last war of the Roman Republic, who knows...
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

I really hope this expansion significantly reworks the army-limit (i.e. removing them), political and empire-management (buildings, economy, provinces, population etc.) systems as well as making characters and generals meaningful. Otherwise it'll just be the same as R2 but with some new skins and factions and will probably suck just as much.

Can't see it happening myself though...

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by TWmodding View Post
    2, this is a shame for display!!!
    What do you mean?
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Zaar's Avatar Semisalis

Yep, if itīs not a patch or FreeLC or however this is called then i really start to hate this (until that day greatest)company.... damn what will i do then while boycotting their futureproducts.. change to console? gameboy? work? socialasing? goosh i hate this world

I'm not holding my breathe for it. Those who have chosen to board the proverbial hype-train are probably going to be disappointed in the end because over the last 18 months, CA have consistently failed to deliver. In another board on this forum, someone referred to them as opting for the 'cheese and lolcakes' route for Total War, an opinion he backed up by noting that the Rally Point episodes constitute little more than two grown men arsing around in a cringe-worthy fashion. In addition, stevehoos - the guy who posted above me - also pointed out, rather succinctly, that CA just don't get it. I agree with him: CA really just don't get it.

My gut tells me that this DLC will just be some lame mini-campaign that doesn't come close to even scratching the surface of some of the major drawbacks that Rome II has, and what's worse is that I don't even think they want to. They've spent the last year messing around trying to make the base game playable instead of spending that time adding extra polish - as should be the case with the patching process - and where they have had time to provide new additions to the game, they've either done a piss poor job, overcharged, or created what can only be described as retarded content like the 'Beasts of War' or 'Female Warriors' DLC.

Even in instances where they have actually tried to flesh out some of the mechanics (for instance the tech-tree and client states in CiG) they did an awful job. It's like, 'Great, my client states are still warring with my allies, dragging me into ridiculous situations and being totally useless at providing me military assistance, but at least I can now recruit one levy slinger from them.'

The long and short of it is, regardless of what this unannounced content is, I'm sure it will be useless, overpriced arcade crap. I had tried to convince myself that CA's expansions had tended to be excellent in the past, but I just don't see it anymore. The whole attitude of the development team is just different somehow. Cheese and lolcakes indeed.
    Last edited by IlluminatiRex; August 27, 2014 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Off-Topic/Continuity

Why have several good posts from this thread been deleted?

General Retreat's Avatar Policeman Pleb

Please note that the moderation policy of the official Creative Assembly forum is not the subject of this thread. I've removed a few off-topic posts accordingly. As a rule of thumb, discussing specific cases of moderation on another site aren't particularly appropriate for TWC, but more general discontent with CA can of course be discussed in the business practices thread.

@GoTW Kubee, I'd have posted this notification when I did the deletions, but unfortunately I forgot I hadn't hit post and left it in the tab. Yeah, stupid me.
    Swords of the Sea: 1066 has come and gone, the Danelaw torn down and a new kingdom built in the image of its Norman rulers. But with time, wounds heal and what is broken can be reforged. The Danes have returned with steel, and seek to reclaim what is theirs.
    The Great Expedition: Pax Anglia, one of Earth's great empires, sprawling across the stars. On their newly colonised planet of Nova Sydney, adventure awaits on the savage frontier - Henry Boyce steps forward to lead an expedition to pierce the Bushlands' wild heart.
    Winter War: Finland, 1939. The Soviet war machine has begun its indomitable advance from the east. Of all its neighbours, only Finland stands alone in defiance. Conscript Anton Bezrukov prepares for a quick victory, but the reality is far bloodier...

I think Rome 2 is at an acceptable state now, so I am happy to see them try and sell DLC. I would also be happy to see them announce a new total war game.

We just have to keep the pressure for the family tree and the politic overhaul, i think it is possible for them to change that!

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by maexim View Post
    We just have to keep the pressure for the family tree and the politic overhaul, i think it is possible for them to change that!
    I strongly believe that nothing is impossible regarding what we would like in TW. It all comes down to keeping up the pressure and, they will change if it's strong enough. Even now I believe they mostly fixed sieges because of complaints pressure, here other forums, utube, etc. We just have to not just give up, and if they don't acquiese, just keep your money on release.

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Warrior View Post
    I strongly believe that nothing is impossible regarding what we would like in TW. It all comes down to keeping up the pressure and, they will change if it's strong enough. Even now I believe they mostly fixed sieges because of complaints pressure, here other forums, utube, etc. We just have to not just give up, and if they don't acquiese, just keep your money on release.
    Well with all that negative press they've received it could be damaging for Alien Isolation. They're saving their reputation and it's what they do with Rome 2 that will decide their future success.

Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    Well with all that negative press they've received it could be damaging for Alien Isolation. They're saving their reputation and it's what they do with Rome 2 that will decide their future success.
    I really doubt there's much of an overlap between RTW2 gamers and AI gamers.

Quote Originally Posted by 1cmanny1 View Post
    I think Rome 2 is at an acceptable state now, so I am happy to see them try and sell DLC. I would also be happy to see them announce a new total war game.
    Me 2... Me 2..
    Youtube channel
    Twitch channel
    Looking forward to Warhammer Total War

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    Well exactly. They might not listen to the complainers, but when the stink gets high enough that even their future projects success may be threatened because OTHERS are noticing- THEN they listen. They'll never admit it was because of whiners, but it's the whines that do it. That`s the trick- be loud enough that others might start looking at CA with questioning eyes. And they deserved it with the state R2 arrived in.

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Warrior View Post
    Well exactly. They might not listen to the complainers, but when the stink gets high enough that even their future projects success may be threatened because OTHERS are noticing- THEN they listen. They'll never admit it was because of whiners, but it's the whines that do it. That`s the trick- be loud enough that others might start looking at CA with questioning eyes. And they deserved it with the state R2 arrived in.
    What they do with R2 from now on will either be irrelevant or have a minuscule impact on future total war games. Anyone believing otherwise is delusional(If we are talking about patching up the game). A Poltiical rework could buy some favor ofc, but most people has already left and wont be back till the next game is released.

And again the whiners didn't implement any changes to the game, the development crew at CA implemented that. Did the outrage play a part in motivating CA to patch it faster? Yes i'd say most likely. But whether the game would be updated with or without the Siege AI whine we can only speculate about. I can believe both scenarios. CA has a habit of improving their game regardless of the feedback they receive. We saw that in Shogun 2,FOTS as well.
    Last edited by DeliCiousTZM; August 28, 2014 at 01:23 PM.
    Youtube channel
    Twitch channel
    Looking forward to Warhammer Total War

Quote Originally Posted by DeliCiousTZM View Post
    What they do with R2 from now on will either be irrelevant or have a minuscule impact on future total war games. Anyone believing otherwise is delusional(If we are talking about patching up the game). A Poltiical rework could buy some favor ofc, but most people has already left and wont be back till the next game is released.
    "Anybody that disagrees with me is either stupid, delusional or mentally handicapped. I don't need evidence to support my facts as my words are gospel." Already there's a weakness in this attitude.

Its well known among the forums that people are going to wait for the customer reviews before buying but we don't know if new people are coming in and going to get themselves hyped up on the next release whilst ignoring all the warnings, whiners and warning signs. It's clear CA are targeting a wider audience and this may continue due to the success of rome 2.

You could be right, they may lure in those that pre ordered before with amazing bonuses but we don't know for sure. If you look at the alien isolation forums, it's terrible and this was only brought on due to CAs decisions. So no, the release of rome 2 has not had a "minuscule impact" on their future titles. People wanna get revenge, we are an aggressive species and if we have been wronged we want to get our own back.

I'm sure lots of gamers wanna check the steam forums before purchasing a game and this will be catastrophic for CA. They know this, therefore they included amazing pre order bonuses in Alien Isolation.

Indefinitely Banned

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

The 'Imperator Augustus' and Emperor Edition have been formally announced. Discuss it here.

Thread closed.
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?