Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Augustus DLC expansion with family tree & more

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: Augustus DLC expansion with family tree & more

Quote Originally Posted by LordInvictus View Post
    It looks like they're taking the "safe" route. Not explicitly denying (disappointment for many expecting a new campaign), but not confirming either (massive rage if features not implemented, "CA is eeeevilllll!!!!!!", etc)
    They are always taking the `safe` route, right up until the last second of release, even to the point of preventing prerelease reviews of their products if you just look at the past. There's a point when it stops being `safe` and becomes something else. CA have become so expert at saying nothing and confirming nothing while hinting everything it's not even funny.

And usually we get nothing we expected.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Butan View Post
    If the silent majority prefers to continue their savegame, they deserve to be put down!

Anyway I'm not buying the "never had a broken savegame due to patches", or you must be the vocal minority...
    I've had my share of broken savegames and locked factions, for patches which were less than underwhelming. I dont think CA will start "caring" about our individual precious savegames now that they have something interesting to show, its pretty obvious it wont matter one bit.
    Want me to upoad my save games

Now, the 'something interesting' to show is somewhat dangerous. I though you all have learned from overhyping youself this whole 2 years and the end product is something that is now you think you read or worse what you have imagined, I don't think I can stand another 'false' advertisement' thread.

Whlie it's always a good to learn from mistakes, do not keep on making mistakes just so that you can learn.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

-Family tree

i would buy just for it, would make "politics" useful, as it is now i just ignore it....... no matter what you do, civil wars and happens anyway.... and other stuff that doesnt care how families stands in %....

-Revised construction management

hmmmm ok......... its okay as it is now, but bit non sense later on, seems like punishing the player for putting effort in evolving his cities.....

-Nem events

hmmmm ok also....... not important but....... more content is welcome....

-Grafical improvements

its nice but.......... for me it looks good as it is now, gameplay/mechanics should be number 1 on RTS

-New units

would be welcome, focus on minor playable factions.......

but this news seems too good to be true, but if is true...... damn......... #NoHighHopes
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

If the German site is lying about their family tree info we all must form a mob and consider harm.
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna_Gein
    First case : the new family member has no commandment to fulfil. He stay at home. Second case : a general is recruited out of your family. Big deal resolved.
    In the second case, your solution breaks the political system, since it's based on maintaining the balance between your family and the others. Also, because of a family tree, the player won;t be able to decide where the new armies will be recruited not if he actually wants an additional army. It just doesn't work.

Kraut and Tea's Avatar Campidoctor

Family tree through DLC would be very uncool.

If anything, the long wanted family free should be added via patch of free update.

Hetairos's Avatar Roma Surrectum II

On the contrary, family tree or politics DLC? Yes, more than happy to pay for the development of those. Fantasy unit DLC and fragmented roster DLC whoring? No thanks CA. Just like the Seasons & Wonders FLC. What a non-sense. It was the one and only worthy DLC so far. Interestingly enough that exactly that one was FLC and the really ridiculous units and rosters people have to pay for it.

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Icon1 Re: Augustus DLC expansion with family tree & more

Quote Originally Posted by The_Hibernian View Post
    In the second case, your solution breaks the political system, since it's based on maintaining the balance between your family and the others. Also, because of a family tree, the player won;t be able to decide where the new armies will be recruited not if he actually wants an additional army. It just doesn't work.
    I don't see how it breaks it. It is only natural that your ability of holding offices is limited by your number of family member. The whole point of the family is precisely that you can not freely spam new member. In any case it should be possible for you to adopt new member in exchange of additional cost.

I would welcome anything that break this current pseudo political system as it is on of the most nonsensical thing in R2. If your political adversaries were too weak, they would not even be able to provoke a civil war because of the lack of support. If they had political hegemony, they would have no reason to start one. In any case there is nothing political in this system as you can do what you want until a script even hit and spam enemy armies out of the thin air. It is even more stupid in the case of a monarchy as if anything, the more power the king would hold, the less the nobles would be able to take arms against him.

I don't see the problem for recruiting armies. S2 worked fine. Is it so much difficult to move a general ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hetairos View Post
    On the contrary, family tree or politics DLC? Yes, more than happy to pay for the development of those. Fantasy unit DLC and fragmented roster DLC whoring? No thanks CA. Just like the Seasons & Wonders FLC. What a non-sense. It was the one and only worthy DLC so far. Interestingly enough that exactly that one was FLC and the really ridiculous units and rosters people have to pay for it.
    I agree. I don't understand CA choice to not release DLC dedicated to change and add new feature to the main campaign and instead spam ridiculous units and factions dlc. CiV 5 had multiple dlc/extension pack dedicated to re-work the game and it has now more than the double of R2 player. Even if it had more players to begin, their decision was a success and considerably improved the public opinion on the game. On the opposite CA dlc adds improve nothing.
    Last edited by Anna_Gein; August 20, 2014 at 04:43 AM.

I don't see how it breaks it. It is only natural that your ability of holding offices is limited by your number of family member. The whole point of the family is precisely that you can not freely spam new member. In any case it should be possible for you to adopt new member in exchange of additional cost. I would welcome anything that break this current pseudo political system as it is on of the most nonsensical thing in R2. If your political adversaries were too weak, they would not even be able to provoke a civil war because of the lack of support. If they had political hegemony, they would have no reason to start one. In any case there is nothing political in this system as you can do what you want until a script even hit and spam enemy armies out of the thin air. It is even more stupid in the case of a monarchy as if anything, the more power the king would hold, the less the nobles would be able to take arms against him. I don't see the problem for recruiting armies. S2 worked fine. Is it so much difficult to move a general ?
    I'm not saying that the current system would be better without the introduction of a family tree. Actually, IMO, they'd be better dump the political system and the army caps, i that makes the way for a family tree comeback. My point is that dumping these features is impoosible, so the family tree in GC is also impossible.

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by The_Hibernian View Post
    I'm not saying that the current system would be better without the introduction of a family tree. Actually, IMO, they'd be better dump the political system and the army caps, i that makes the way for a family tree comeback. My point is that dumping these features is impoosible, so the family tree in GC is also impossible.
    How is it impossible ? I don't follow you here. Obviously a family tree means that the way general are recruited should be changed. Else there is no point in the family tree.

How is it impossible ? I don't follow you here. Obviously a family tree means that the way general are recruited should be changed. Else there is no point in the family tree.
    Technically, it's not impossible, but I'll be very surprised if ca changes one of its most advertized features, adding and tweaking a large amount of data, just for the sake of a family tree.

I really hope this means if there is more developed politics/family tree in an Augustus DLC/campaign (hopefully it'll be Imperial Era legionaries meaning we'll get the Imperial stuff instead of the Marian & Polybian) we can mod it back into the Grand Campaign along with some mapping tools (I want a super-epic huge grand campaign map what Hetairos and his team is planning ). If those two are possible then I think a lot will be satisfied at least.

Lugotorix's Avatar non flectis non mutant

Given my conduct on these forums, charging for a family tree feature would put me in a metaphorical Nuremberg on these forums
    Last edited by Lugotorix; August 20, 2014 at 07:46 AM.
    AUTHOR OF TROY OF THE WESTERN SEA: LOVE AND CARNAGE UNDER THE RULE OF THE VANDAL KING, GENSERIC
    THE BLACK-HEARTED LORDS OF THRACE: ODRYSIAN KINGDOM AAR
    VANDALARIUS: A DARK AGES GOTHIC EMPIRE ATTILA AAR

They probably have a large campaign expansion in store, just not something like the one in the opening post.

Quote Originally Posted by revan.be View Post
    thread deleted in 3, 2 , 1 ....
    -89991, -89992, -89993...
    The Armenian Issue

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

Clearly they can't win because everyone values their 60 dollars more than their time spent complaining.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

I really hope it will be possible to have the family tree and a political overhaul

Come on, guys, this thread sounds like conjecture based on thin air - and there's a good chance it's all going to end in tears. Yes, a DLC is probably on its way, and it may be a big one, but that's pretty much all we know. However, after a year of complaining about CA's over-hyping marketing tactics, it seems that some forum members are now doing the over-hyping for them. Until we have something a bit more concrete, it's probably best not to get your hopes up. I don't always agree with the likes of Humble Warrior and stevehoos, but at least they are consistent in their cynicism. Let's just wait and see what CA announces - it may be a nice surprise, and if not, at least the disappointment will be a bit more tempered.

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Tartleton View Post
    Clearly they can't win because everyone values their 60 dollars more than their time spent complaining.
    A very good sign. A fool and his dollars are easily parted.

Libertus

I am surprised by the naivety we can still produce. There is no way even CA will be able to ask money for features they improve/make playable unless it is an addon (I doubt it is even legal). So they cannot monetize those improvements to game mechanics, at least not immediately and, as it is very obvious, they are no longer able to think in the long term. And why would they when we are still naive and still believe something will really change in the way they think about their game and its community? Why would they when there are so many stupid people who will throw money at them? So if it is obvious they dont care about us, why would they care about what we want/need? Just some people going to work, ed by their boss, getting a pay check. As many of us actually. Their company inside is flawed and the employees do not care. Nothing new - bad management makes it happen in many places around us.

On another note, who cares if the saved games are broken? It is a game where we rarely play more than 30-40 turns before we get bored. Just start another one, 2.34% less after the patch. That unless one is not too stupid/bad of a a player and he/she actually gets some fun out of the fact the inept AI wins some battles. Then... too bad, but who cares about stupid people anyway.

2-D Ron's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by mr mojo risin View Post
    Thats exactly what i can see , CA are gonna sell us rome 2 again ... a year later.

Guess I can wait another year or 3.