Thread: HAVE ROME TOTAL WAR GOLD. DOWNLOADED TOTALREALSM 2.0 AND IT DOES NOT RUN - NOT A VALID WIN32 APP, ETC.

Default HAVE ROME TOTAL WAR GOLD. DOWNLOADED TOTALREALSM 2.0 AND IT DOES NOT RUN - NOT A VALID WIN32 APP, ETC.

I see this happens, evidently, with win7 fairly often with a LOT of downloaded programs. Was allover the MS support site and they have stock answers that do not appear to work. so...
    1. has anyone else encountered this?
    2. Fix?
    Cheers
    John

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: HAVE ROME TOTAL WAR GOLD. DOWNLOADED TOTALREALSM 2.0 AND IT DOES NOT RUN - NOT A VALID WIN32 APP, ETC.

The download installer got corrupted ?
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Default Re: HAVE ROME TOTAL WAR GOLD. DOWNLOADED TOTALREALSM 2.0 AND IT DOES NOT RUN - NOT A VALID WIN32 APP, ETC.

Quote Originally Posted by ^OvO^ View Post
    The download installer got corrupted ?
    Well I do not hink it was that but I downloaeded it again and I click on it and my amtivirus asks if I want it to make changes to my computer. I click "yes" then nothing happens. Tried Windows compatibility mode and it just says "Incompatible Program." what gives?

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

What's your antivirus ? Most of AV these days will always do that when downloading from many free open sites like depositfiles.

If you trust the mod enough I suggest you to download and install while disabling your AV for a moment.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

OK. I downloaded things several times and kept getting all kinds of errors but I finally did see the "launcher" folder. I then tried to play the game and it said I cannot play the game as I need to be upd
    ated to the latest version It said I have version 1,6,1,0 and I need to update to version 1.6. which makes no sense and, when I tried to update to 1.6 (and I downloaded it from 4 different websites) winrar says "unexpected error." what the hell?

OK. so now I did get the 1.6 patch to run in my Rome total war folder. It starts up just fine them it tells me there is no rome total war BI on my computer WHEN THE EXE FOR (ROMETW-BI.EXE) is in the same folder!!!!! it closes me out!!! So, I have rome total realism ready to run from launcher and it says I do not have the right version then I get the right version patch and it says I do not have the version to be patched!!!! HELP!!!!!!

Did you reinstall rtw and bi before putting the correct patch?

no. why would I? I installed both then tried to patch and I am getting this weirdness. If I uninstalled and re-installed it seems to me that I would be just repeating the same process over again - installing then patching?

Are you referring to Rome Total Realism 2.0 platinum? Doesn't it require Alexander expansion? Otherwise download 1.9