Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Latest US Army manual allows lethal force on unarmed civilians

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Latest US Army manual allows lethal force on unarmed civilians

Quote Originally Posted by Ciabhán View Post
    Uh... SWAT, ESU, FBI, DEA, Marshals service, ATF, National Guard, Secret Service, Coast Guard. Etc.

Half the ing law enforcement services in the US are paramilitary units. Does it matter if the fella doing the shooting is in a ninja suit with FBI on the back or in Army issued BDU's? Not really. But the law says it does.
    Exactly. A worrying minority of police, even local cops now, are increasingly being equipped with military gear because "Terrorism."

Like on John Oliver he was talking about how the police in the town of Keene, NH (your average college town in New Hampshire which I've been known to party at) wanted mine resistant armored vehicles in case the pumpkin festival got attacked by terrorists. They're completely delusional.

Why the hell would they use Marines or National Guard when the Townies have M4s and IBA and all that goodness?
    Last edited by Col. Tartleton; August 19, 2014 at 01:20 PM.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

Quote Originally Posted by RubiconDecision View Post
    What do you think about using lethal force against unarmed civilians in the event of civil unrest? Apparently a change has occurred based upon the new pdf from the US Army. Note the language: target leaders or troublemakers. Thoughts? Such actions would violate various Bill of Rights laws, not to mention federal and state laws derived from them.

It wouldn't violate the Bill of Rights at all because the US Army protocol does not involve US citizens thus no state or Federal would apply.

This is different than if for instance a US city's police force had such a protocol to target unarmed US citizens.
    "Our opponent is an alien starship packed with atomic bombs," I said. "We have a protractor."

Under Patronage of: Captain Blackadder

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    Is National Guard counted as police now?
    In my country they are.
    They are National republican guard, and thet are a paramilitary police force. Modern day they act mostly in the interior of the country or more isolated regions.
    Traditionaly they were the actual police since the implementation of the republic in 1910, but in modern times expetidions of men are often sent to missions, on Kosovo, or Timor, or even Iraq.
    My guess The american national Guard it mght be somewhat similar. If my tiny country has it, im guessing US have it. In fact im sure they have a few organizations similar.
    It realy isnt uncomon.

Heinz Guderian's Avatar *takes off trousers

Is this why American troops are allowed to shoot black people now?

Funny the OP hasn't stepped foot in the thread to defend his terribly researched thread starting post.

King_Porus's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Tartleton View Post
    Exactly. A worrying minority of police, even local cops now, are increasingly being equipped with military gear because "Terrorism."

Like on John Oliver he was talking about how the police in the town of Keene, NH (your average college town in New Hampshire which I've been known to party at) wanted mine resistant armored vehicles in case the pumpkin festival got attacked by terrorists. They're completely delusional.

Why the hell would they use Marines or National Guard when the Townies have M4s and IBA and all that goodness?
    lmao is you name Derrick Freeman or are you one of his mates? Don't tell me you're one of those libertarian/hipster Keene kids who go around starting fights and throwing pamphlets at everyone in sight. NH has quite a reputation up here

Cops have always been pretty well armed. Mellow out and they won't bother you.

Last edited by Dante Von Hespburg; August 20, 2014 at 03:52 AM. Reason: Off topic removed

Quote Originally Posted by King_Porus View Post
    lmao is you name Derrick Freeman or are you one of his mates? Don't tell me you're one of those libertarian/hipster Keene kids who go around starting fights and throwing pamphlets at everyone in sight. NH has quite a reputation up here
    I keep my politics to casual conversations when asked, the ballot, and my quasi anonymous time on internet. Trying to give me literature is not going to be a positive experience for them. Let alone me being out there. Though I don't think I'll be going to party at Keene again, most of my friends there have transferred to less retarded environments. Too many retarded kids doing retarded stuff and too many fed up cops, its a bad environment.

New Hampshire will be free someday. Like Wales or Quebec.

Cops have always been pretty well armed. Mellow out and they won't bother you.
    I know. I'm snow white, I have a Jewish surname, I wear glasses, and I have a clean driving and criminal record. Doesn't mean I like them around or enjoy seeing them intimidating and assaulting minorities and young people. I like police in theory, just not in practice.
    Last edited by Col. Tartleton; August 19, 2014 at 10:50 PM.

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

I like police in theory, just not in practice.
    That's not generalizing or anything Besides, that's like saying you like medicine in theory, just not in practice.
    Last edited by Dante Von Hespburg; August 20, 2014 at 03:52 AM. Reason: off-topic removed
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    That's not generalizing or anything Besides, that's like saying you like medicine in theory, just not in practice.
    No its like saying I see a need for police and respect the office but the abuses and misuses of the job by regular people have led to me being wary in their presence and to find them unsavory.

When there's a cop around I ought to feel safe if I haven't done anything wrong, but I feel worried that they're oppressive.
    Last edited by Dante Von Hespburg; August 20, 2014 at 03:53 AM. Reason: Off topic removed

No its like saying I see a need for police and respect the office but the abuses and misuses of the job by regular people have led to me being wary in their presence and to find them unsavory.

When there's a cop around I ought to feel safe if I haven't done anything wrong, but I feel worried that they're oppressive.
    Fair enough

But in that same vein, it could also partially be an irrational fear of authority. I mean, the statistics (such as ICPSR 32022 and similar national surveys) are so overwhelming lopsided in that the vast majority of people's experiences with police do not involve any sort of violent, threatening, or oppressive behavior.
    Last edited by Dante Von Hespburg; August 20, 2014 at 03:53 AM. Reason: off topic removed

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    Fair enough

But in that same vein, it could also partially be an irrational fear of authority. I mean, the statistics (such as ICPSR 32022 and similar national surveys) are so overwhelming lopsided in that the vast majority of people's experiences with police do not involve any sort of violent, threatening, or oppressive behavior.
    Next you're going to say I shouldn't be afraid of black people because white folks commit more crimes. I like you, but you're crazy.
    Last edited by Dante Von Hespburg; August 20, 2014 at 03:53 AM. Reason: Off topic removed

The Brits did arm their police primarily with sticks. So they can beat a perp to death.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Beating someone to death is usually slow enough you can think it through and stop. With a gun its a split second thing.

Next you're going to say I shouldn't be afraid of black people because white folks commit more crimes.
    I think you misunderstand me. Using your colorful analogy, it would be more like "You shouldn't be afraid of white people because white people commit less crimes." Yes, police have great individual power and authority, which can be scary when in the wrong hands. But (and this is the important part I was trying to relay), when such power is in responsible, capable, and competent hands, then there is nothing to be fearful of. That's the point I was trying to get across, and used that specific survey to reinforce the fact that the vast majority of people have "good" personal interactions with police and have no need to therefore be "irrationally" fearful of them.

I like you, but you're crazy.
    Aww... you're so sweet you'll rot my teeth

I was irrational before it was a political platform.

Praefectus

Even an unarmed person can take the soldier's gun, and then become an armed person, if the soldier is told, don't hurt them they are unarmed, while they are manhandling the national guardsman trying to take his M-16 from him.
    My bookshelf is a hate blog.

I would guess that wanted to be bought a 'mine resistant vehicle' because it looks and Homeland Security will buy you toys 'because terrorism'. Like the military equipment being surplused off as units come home, think of a reason that you may possibly need it if you squint really hard, forms for the form throne and viola military surplus bang bangs/vehicles.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12