Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Realism Core v5 for LME4

Sixt's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Realism Core v5 for LME4

Haven't played napoleon for sometime. But this looks interesting, how does the battle ai coop with this setting?

roy64's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Ragimund Von Wallat View Post
    i had the same problem ...look in the last page of the download thread Roy64 was kind enough to provide it !

still no luck for me the new update dont work
    I suggest you double check how you installed it because it works fine for me. It's normally a simple mistake you've made somewhere.
    Leicestershire

roy64's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Sixt View Post
    Haven't played napoleon for sometime. But this looks interesting, how does the battle ai coop with this setting?
    Try it, it's the best mod I've tried for Nap.
    Leicestershire

Sixt's Avatar Civis

okay, tried this, the game crashed mid thrue my first battle, not the best start...

roy64's Avatar Tiro

okay, tried this, the game crashed mid thrue my first battle, not the best start...
    No it's not. Best wait for Sirlion, see if he knows what's wrong.

Sorry Ragimund Von Wallat, looks like there might be a problem with the new mod.
    Leicestershire

roy64's Avatar Tiro

Try this early version.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...for-LME4/page3
    Leicestershire

Quote Originally Posted by Sirlion View Post
    - Battery unit limits reduced back to 8 and 6 guns when needed
    I will try it. IMHO the relationship between artillery batteries and infantry should be that a battery no larger than the nominal strength of 6-8 pieces should be matched to an infantry battalion of no less than 400 men, which would be the near the minimum field strength, or a similar proportion for a smaller force, say a section of 3-4 guns to a 200 man unit. Else you wind up with ahistorical large and unwieldly batteries, out of whack artillery-infantry ratio etc.

Roy64 no problem...i thougth the same myself and never managed to get it to work so i didint trusted myself so much to begin with haha....if only i could get a PFM that work so i could add 50 rounds to every infantry and continue to plys with the last working version....but for some reason now im unable to open the land stats table witn and PFM...why i dont know.

we just have to wish that the boss comeback soon and fix it

Quote Originally Posted by marcello View Post
    I will try it. IMHO the relationship between artillery batteries and infantry should be that a battery no larger than the nominal strength of 6-8 pieces should be matched to an infantry battalion of no less than 400 men, which would be the near the minimum field strength, or a similar proportion for a smaller force, say a section of 3-4 guns to a 200 man unit. Else you wind up with ahistorical large and unwieldly batteries, out of whack artillery-infantry ratio etc.
    in my opinion every gun battery should only have one visible gun(or 2 as you want) and be scaled by rate of fire to simulate more guns...it would help the ai tremendously to deploy correctly and the more constant fire would made them more formidable on the defense

Quote Originally Posted by Ragimund Von Wallat View Post
    in my opinion every gun battery should only have one visible gun(or 2 as you want) and be scaled by rate of fire to simulate more guns...it would help the ai tremendously to deploy correctly and the more constant fire would made them more formidable on the defense
    I don't know. Personally now that I have a rig that can handle a division on a 1:1 scale I treat the game as a napoleonic eye candy experience. What you suggest is more like a wargame style solution and from a serious wargaming point of view NTW is a lost cause. That said you are concentrating the fire over a smaller frontage and that would create issues IMHO.

maybe you are rigth,it was just a though,as for the scale i prefer regiment units

on another note can anyone point me in what file are located the starting general and admiral pool...because the royaliste start qith 0 turn before new general available/no suitable general available ...i remember before i could get general with them...now they never spawn a new general in the pool....so im sure if they would start even with an empty pool but the turn counter to 1 instead of zero im sure they would start spawning them in the pool

I have no idea why the last update wont work for somebody. It works perfectly for me and others. Reinstall NTW or delete any other mod that may get in conflict with RC. I honestly have no idea what the problem might be.

Hello, can you tell me what settings on the launcher has to enjoy the benefits of mod? Eg. If the Universal AI, Pdguru's unit or Battelfield Smoke be selected? Thanks in advance

GourmetGorilla's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by tigemu View Post
    Hello, can you tell me what settings on the launcher has to enjoy the benefits of mod? Eg. If the Universal AI, Pdguru's unit or Battelfield Smoke be selected? Thanks in advance
    Good question, which submods in the launcher may or may not be selected?

Edit: UAI seems to work just as well with the AI in this sub-mod
    Last edited by GourmetGorilla; August 05, 2015 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirlion View Post
    I have no idea why the last update wont work for somebody. It works perfectly for me and others. Reinstall NTW or delete any other mod that may get in conflict with RC. I honestly have no idea what the problem might be.
    I had this crash as well, and I found the solution. Luckily, it's a simple one.

In the Pack File Manager, change the Equipment Mod from mod to movie format. For those unfamiliar with changing Pack format, the option to "Change Pack Type" can be found under the File menu.

This way, the mod will load automatically, such that it will not be necessary to edit the userscript. This has solved the crash for me.
    Last edited by GourmetGorilla; July 28, 2015 at 10:14 PM.

There appears to be an issue with the shako textures on the French Fusiliers of the Line, Chasseurs, Voltigeurs, and Chasseurs a Cheval. Their visors are nonexistent, yet there are floating medallions, etc. where the visors should be. This is a very noticeable issue, and appears across the versions of this mod which you have released. This is probably the least obscure unit in the game, so I should hope that this can and will be fixed.

Edit: this issue appears to be only affecting certain units in the 1805/1807 campaigns
    Last edited by GourmetGorilla; August 05, 2015 at 12:35 AM.

I am aware of this issue but at present I am unable to fix it. To temporarily fix it however you may simply switch uniforms with the 1812 model by changing "1807" and replacing it with "1812" in the user script where the campaign pack file should be loaded.

Thank you for the reply. I'm almost sure that the shako bug is a conflicting mesh or texture pattern somewhere between the Realism Core file and the 1805/1807 campaign files. Seems to be the French_Shako & Scandinavian_Shako mesh files which are the culprits, as those units which use the Marin_Shako mesh with the French_Shako texture don't seem to have the same issue.

In any event, after a bit of time spent with the PFM, I've found a permanent solution, and I think I've isolated all of the units which have the bug, so I'll leave some instructions here in case it might help someone out:

1. Backup 1805/1807 campaign PFs (LME4_Camp1805.pack & LME4_Camp1807.pack respectively, these are in the data folder)
    2. Open the 1805 file in the PFM, then find "LMEearly_uniforms" in the "uniforms_tables" directory under the "db" tab
    2a. Delete these lines: France_Cav_Light_French_Chasseurs_a_Cheval, France_Cav_Light_French_27th_Chasseurs_a_Cheval, France_Cav_Light_French_22th_Chasseurs_a_Cheval, France_Inf_Light_French_Chasseurs, France_Inf_Light_9th_Legere, France_Inf_Light_13th_Legere, and France_Inf_Light_10th_Legere
    (to delete, highlight the entire line by clicking the number, then just press the delete key)
    3. Open the 1807 campaign file and find the same "LMEearly_uniforms" directory
    3a. Delete these lines: France_Cav_Light_French_Chasseurs_a_Cheval, France_Inf_Light_French_Chasseurs, France_Inf_Line_French_Fusiliers, and France_Inf_Skirm_French_Voltigeurs
    4. Check to see if problem is fixed; this did it for me, as it permanently defaulted these units to their 1812 campaign uniforms (and shakos!) which luckily for these units fit the timeframe just as well
    Last edited by GourmetGorilla; August 05, 2015 at 02:16 AM.

I believe the download link in the OP is not updated.

Link has been updated. New version will be out soon with a new difficulty level and Masters of Europe's uniforms (1807-1812 period only) for most of the major and minor factions.