Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: Realism Core v5 for LME4

Default Re: Realism Core v5 for LME4

Since you are the only one with this problem I still think that you have installed some other mod. However you can simply ask which nations you want and I can make them allied permanently to you. Its not a generic command. Also I made a mistake earlier, you can indeed go to war with them on your own terms. Provide a list of nations and I'll see what can be done

Well I installed NTW fresh just for LME a few weeks ago, but I guess maybe some files in User/AppData could have been left after the uninstall, or something like that...

Great Britain
    France
    Austria

Are the ones that keep turning on me even though I have Very Friendly relations, so I guess i'd like to stay allied to them. Also, I think I'd prefer if you were so kind to make it for the 1805 campaign instead, I only tried 1812 because I thought the issue might be with the 1805 campaign, which I now know is not the case.

If I can't be allied to both GB and France at the same time, then just GB (unless you can make me neutral from start, then i guess it shouldn't be a problem).

EDIT: Has anyone actually tried playing 30+ turns as Sweden? Maybe the problem is just with Sweden, not other countries. I haven't had the heart to start out a new campaign after having 4+ ruined.

Quote Originally Posted by Dea Paladin View Post
    I appreciate your help, thank you. But is there no other way than making me not be able to declare war? The issue is with every single country declaring war on me, so if you turn that off, I won't be able to go to war with anyone at all? :-O Is there no way to remove the "Join war" option instead? That's the main issue, since my allies join my enemies in their wars, for example, Prussia, Russia, England, and France might join Mecklenburgs war against me. Or maybe there's some way to script so that factions don't want to join wars? Or become less inclined to war
    try to ally with one of the big boys,others minors are minors just like you they will not turn on france or austria to die and please you,they follow the flow of the big guys

I'm already allied to the "big boys", it doesn't matter though. Even if I send them gifts and maintain "Very Friendly" relations, all of a sudden I get:

Trade Agreement Canceled
    Great Britain - Sweden

Alliance Canceled
    Great Britain - Sweden

A Nation Joins Your Enemies
    Great Britain - Sweden

Trade Agreement Canceled
    Königreich Preussen - Sweden

Alliance Canceled

A Nation Joins Your Enemies

And so on...

Well you are trying to ally with both France and GB, which are at the opposite sides... I wonder if it's not that matter which gives you bad reputation.

Anyway... here it is, for 1805.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Joseon194's Avatar Miles

hey sirlion, i downloaded your scripting.lua and overwritted my original 1805 .lua and it caused some problems: I had attempted to replay a campaign I was playing and it didnt start so I then decided to start a new campaign... but every time I tried to start a new campaign it showed the loading screen and then ctded. Did I do something wrong?
    "This is Stannis Baratheon. The man will fight to the bitter end and then some.

Strange. I'll look into it. But I'm sure the script was ok.

EDIT: I have to apologize to you all but it seems that LME wont load that simple script. I have no idea why. I tested the same code on another mod and it loaded fine. I also have tried to use a function which is loaded on start with other options (like France allied with Poland etc) and the game keeps crashing. At this point I suggest you ask the original creator. I'm deeply sorry for the inconvenience.
    Last edited by Sirlion; February 11, 2015 at 09:22 AM.

Joseon194's Avatar Miles

It is quite alright Sirlion I thank you kindly for looking into the issue
    "This is Stannis Baratheon. The man will fight to the bitter end and then some.

Small update for the Peninsular Campaign.
    I had some free time so I thought to get some nicer coats to the French line infantry, chasseurs and grenadiers, which still had the old vanilla look.

Chasseurs

Line

Grenadiers

Will probably follow with some other minor adjustments for other units.

Download HERE
    Last edited by Sirlion; February 15, 2015 at 07:13 AM.

i wonder, does your file in the first post includes all your updates? and mediafire is down i can't download the mod :/

And i wonder, is it compatible with UAI ?

Last updare comes in post #55. You should download that. Also any mod that modifies the BAI may cause immediate conflicts. A new update will come tomorrow with new CAI too.

roy64's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Sirlion View Post
    Last updare comes in post #55. You should download that. Also any mod that modifies the BAI may cause immediate conflicts. A new update will come tomorrow with new CAI too.
    Any news on the update Sirlion?

Sorry. Was stuck at the airport all day and I hadnt time to upload. I'll do it during the afternoon (central Europe time)

roy64's Avatar Tiro

Sorry. Was stuck at the airport all day and I hadnt time to upload. I'll do it during the afternoon (central Europe time)
    Thank you.

Due to work issues I have to postpone the update to tomorrow afternoon. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Here it is; the latest patch contains a new CAI in 3 different levels, Moderate, Aggressive Minor, Aggressive Major, and small tweaks to the gameplay. The 1807 and 1812 campaigns can be played immediately with the new settings. The other periods have to be tested. I' could not modify the 1813 campaign files due to unknown crashes.

roy64's Avatar Tiro

Here it is; the latest patch contains a new CAI in 3 different levels, Moderate, Aggressive Minor, Aggressive Major, and small tweaks to the gameplay. The 1807 and 1812 campaigns can be played immediately with the new settings. The other periods have to be tested. I' could not modify the 1813 campaign files due to unknown crashes.
    Thanks, I'll give it a try with the 1805 campaign.

holy fun artilery! that update is great! i really want to thank you for sharing your work,i really appreciate it.also is it me or the moral system was changed?or maybe its the artilery moral effect? because now with a savy artilery fire and cazadore skirmish i managed to totally demoralize a wing of the ennemy and once they managed to turn to face me 3 regiments of line in echelon walk in and mass rout the whole lot....it felt grandiose! also the experience system look like it been changed too?

the new artillery feel alot more realistic now....at long range the canon ball are way more random than before it just add to the epicness and chaos feeling of battle they cause less causualities but the moral seem to be much affected....wich i think is realistic.also the ai manage to walk a battery around a village to protect against my flanking and managed to shower my échelon column with canister...great...just great

it almost feel like a table wargame in realtime...its really the best napoleon total war experience available you have to spread the word and get some publicity,im serious.

I'm glad you like it. I've been trying to convince Steph to implement my changes in Masters of Europe but to no avail until now hahah. Yes I have changed the morale system and the experience points gained. They are now a curve, the more experienced, the less effective morale-wise. I love some realistic mass routs in my games.