Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 217181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Realism Core v5 for LME4

Default Re: Realism Core v5 for LME4

Found out, it was the Modmanager, it change the order in the script, so apparently something got wrong in the load order. Could have saved several reinstall if i had figured this out before ;-)

So, is it just those 4 lines that should be in the script, or are we supposed to add those to the existing script?

Aussie-tosser's Avatar Tiro

Hey Sirlion, love your mod

I was looking at Napoleon total realism and they turned off the script that makes the ai always attack whenever you have artillery, even when they are on the defensive, would you be interested in including that as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie-tosser View Post
    Hey Sirlion, love your mod

I was looking at Napoleon total realism and they turned off the script that makes the ai always attack whenever you have artillery, even when they are on the defensive, would you be interested in including that as well?

Well I certainly didnt know that would be possible. Its a very nice achievement. Sure, if I figure it out, or if its being offered to me as-is, I'll include it.
    What I'd really love to be able to disable is the stupid behaviour of all cavalry guarding the artillery pieces that would instantly target any unit attacking the art regardless of context.
    My Mods and Projects

- Realism Core v5 for La Monteé de L'Empire 4.2 (NTW)
    - Battle Chaos, give life to your fights! (NTW)
    - Battleterrain Mod, larger, better campaign battle maps (NTW)
    - Developer for 1800 (ETW) battle mechanics, unit stats
    - Developer for Victoria Total War (ETW) unit modeller \ texturer
    - Developer of Rise of the Eagles (MTW2 - HOSTED), creator \ db \ models \ textures
    - Risorgimento 1859 The Franco-Austrian War (NTW), creator \ developer

Quote Originally Posted by Jobrien1998 View Post
    So, is it just those 4 lines that should be in the script, or are we supposed to add those to the existing script?
    Just add those lines in the userscript and other mods you may want must be below.
    Yes, here is my user script:
    mod "LME4_Camp1805.pack";
    mod "LME4_Music_Project.pack";
    mod "LME4_graphics.pack";
    mod "LME4.pack";
    mod "Primergy_Grassmod.pack";
    mod "LME4_BSM.pack";
    mod "LME4_Napoleons_Battles_Enabled.pack";
    mod "LME4_USM.pack";
    mod "LME4_WOS.pack";
    mod "LME4_MAUM.pack";
    mod "LME4_AUM.pack";

It seems as long as the realism Core files are before the other submods it works.

Guys I need help!
    Definite Edition sucks...
    Game crushes many times in battle and I can`t load saves after ctd...
    May be LME + Definite works with error?

Mod is interesting but balance between arty and troops disturb me.Cannons wreck everything

I think the inaccuracy of the muskets is extreme, even for a realism mod. I can fire at a line with bayonets almost touching and only 5 guys are hit
    Last edited by Danius; February 18, 2019 at 03:08 PM.

Cannons do what they're designed to do. Destroy things. In the Napoleonic wars artillery was king of the battlefield. its the most powerful arms of them all by design.
    Sorry to hear you dont like the balance. There are plenty of other mods to choose from that do less and are faster paced then.
    My Mods and Projects

- Developer of Rise of the Eagles (MTW2 - HOSTED), creator \ db \ models \ textures

don t get me wrong , it s not i dislike the mod. i love the way troops move slower , much more realistic , i was just thinking cannons should be a bit less accurate and shoot slower to match the infantry changes

Libertus

Hi, new to this mod, I noticed that other than LME4.pack, there are other files like LME_1792_Campaign in the download which contain scripting lua and start.pos. what am I suppose to do with these?

How on earth do I manage disease on the campaign map? Every single general, including Napoleon, has multiple diseases. Every captain/unnamed general has Runny Bowels. It prevents any armies from moving and I cannot imagine this is working as designed.

Is there any way to remove this?

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

I know its been a while but I have finally updated the archive in the first post. I have removed the diseases and updated the 1813 campaign that wasnt working after a certain point.

I dont plan any more updates for the time being as real life has taken over recently and I'm unable to focus on multiple projects at the same time. I'll listen to further feedback but dont expect anything for a while.
    My Mods and Projects

Thank's for your job

Hello Sirlion. Firstly, thanks for the work you have done in the past to bring us variations for Napoleon Total War, Battle Terrain, Battle Chaos etc Truly brilliant. My favourite mod for NTW is Pdgurus LME4, it's frightening how many actual hours I've played this game, something close to 4,000 hours and I still love it. Always trying to adapt it and try out new mods and submods. And so I arrive at your Realism Core v5 mod with a strong desire to try it out...............but...........I am having an issue which has been brought up in a previous post, no matter what campaign period or what nation I choose, the Regiments speak in Spanish, not the Generals, just the units. I've read this forum over and over again and installed the mod word for word and on a clean install of the vanilla game, deleting the Napoleon folders entirely in the steam library and appdata locations and then installing the LME4 mod and all associated patches and add on's. Each time running the game to check everything is running normal. LME4 ran fine and I checked the units language was native and then closed the game and installed your RCv5 mod, overwrote the data folder and placed the campaign files in the main campaign older and then ran the game and checked the units, 1812 campaign, France or Britain the units speak Spanish. No other mods or submods are installed and I have the basic script file set up. I am completely at a loss as to why this is happening. I know that you said you didn't have a solution apart from using Symphony to fix it in the post where someone else mentioned this issue. Have you since heard any other reports about it or know of any other solutions ? At this point I'm going to have to uninstall everything again and go back to LME4 with some submods but I am desperately keen to try out your SP campaign changes without the Espanol. I hope you're still visiting the TWC site and perhaps respond.

PS I love the feel of battles after running a couple of Historical Battles, love the tempo and affects, no one's rushing about and units aren't getting shot to ribbons in 30 seconds and with your battlechaos sounds over the top of this it's quite frankly the best experience in so many hours of play.

Thanks for any attention you give and I hope you are enjoying the break from modding, but it is our loss

Break from modding? Not at all, as a matter of fact, you may want to check this which has drained my energies during the span of 5 years and I'll finally release it relatively shortly.

I'm sorry that you cant enjoy the mod with the voice bug, as it stands, I cant do anything about it. Its a bug of the engine that all mods have, and it requires you to use Symphony, as I've mentioned multiple times, since many have their own set of mods and submods I cant create a solution that would be good for everyone. So unless you're willing to use Symphony yourself, I'm afraid you'll have to either live with this problem or uninstall the mod. Thanks for the kind words regardless.
    My Mods and Projects

You honour me with a reply Sir and I thank you for that. Good to know you are still indulging in your passion, I did take a look at your new creation, but I think I'll stick with NTW and it's mods. I loved MTW2, did You Tube campaign videos for a while but for me and it's just my view, the look of it is too dated for me now, after experiencing all the latter TW games (not including Borehammer of course).

Thanks for reiterating the point about Symphony, I did really look into this matter quite deeply and eventually found a download for symphony and braced myself for hours of trying to use something I barely had an inkling about. Well that all stopped when I unpacked symphony and found it wouldn't even open for me, not even running it as administrator. But no matter, I was so impressed with your RCv5 I was going to play a campaign and record it for You Tube, Spanish language or not. I was 38 turns in and some of the battles I've had have been the type that I'll remember for years to come. The battles have everything I like and make you think more about how you conduct them and place your forces, added to that the large space to manoeuvre, make the battles a real tactical pleasure. I was enjoying it so much I couldn't wait to load the last save and crack on this evening and was thinking wow, I've not seen a crash yet either. Well that all changed when I tried to load the save, I had to load it multiple times to get the game not to crash at a point in the 1812 campaign as France on Hard/Hard settings, Now from experience I know that the Duke of Wellington ensconced at Gibraltar can cause CTDs if you battle him and beat him. Knowing this, I got into a situation where I could get Gibraltar in a peace deal and get Wellington back to England without the CTD. But within the next couple of turns I got the CTDs with each load until something different must have happened with the AI because I was allowed to continue. But now I'm a few more turns in and quite frankly I'm not amused by developments and this was something I've seen before. Despite having 90% of the nations friendly and trading, England declared war on me again and blockaded one port, no other ports are blockaded, no trade lines are being raided but I've become bankrupt and despite ending the trade agreements with the nations that would go through that port, it made virtually no difference. So I'm at a point where I'm calling this situation Bull crap and will probably end the campaign test which is a real shame. Knowing about this issue in the past led me to alter the treasury amounts for all nations to bypass any stupid notion that one boat could bring a nation to it's knees, after all, in history most of these nations were more than capable of sustaining armies for years, even if naval blockades were present, but lately I've played by the script.

One thing that puzzled me with your campaign though was Napoleons allies in Russia, Bavaria, Wurtenberg etc Do they not join the battles even when in the vicinity of a Russian attack on the city ? They did nothing in my campaign and only Bavaria has moved due to winter attrition. But it's a lovely feature and kudos to you for implementing it.

I'm kind of sad now though, so much time spent getting to that point. The stupid bankruptcy feature has always wrangled with me, you learn how to economise, build and research to sustain your army and navies and then along comes a fecking sloop lol And you can't touch it because you can't build a navy to match Britain's soon enough and Spain and Portugal have devastated your Mediterranean fleets. Anyway this isn't the place for all this ranting.

Thanks again for everything, all the work, the fine mods and for the reply and I hope the players give you plenty of praise for your new creation

Sadly crashes are inevitable, and it is impossible for us modders to fix everything that CA broke beforehand. Despite NTW being fairly optimized and very stable, its .esf structure (campaign files) is not. Every time we alter even the slightest of values we cause some inexplicable side effects somewhere else.
    All mods are subject to this, no exception, and that is why even the most famous campaign mods are almost never finished by anyone beside personal goals.
    I myself often limit my campaigns to conquering Russia and Spain while having total domination of the Mediterranean sea. It's also what Napoleon would've done anyway.

So all I can say is, try to restart a campaign, verify the integrity of the game files, or download the mod again. I have removed the attrition \ diseases effects in the latest update so you probably have an older version of the mod, see if its true and then try again.
    My Mods and Projects

Thanks Sirlion. I have begun another campaign as France in the 1807 campaign and so far so good after 28 turns and almost a TB of recorded footage. I've only had two crashes, one that was mid battle with a heavy mist and masses of smoke and I zoomed into a unit too quick which blew my PCs brains I think, even though it's a powerful one. The other crash was a naval battle with a lot of ships and it just froze, I think that was down to the boarding action I ordered ? I did re-run both with no issues but avoided repeating the zooming in and boarding actions. But I do also play it safe by closing the game after an hour or so and play no more than 2 battles in a row before restarting the game and save save save constantly. I decided also to change the treasuries this time too, to give it some credence, all nations began with between 250,000 to 1 million in the treasury (I did try to find out the wealth of these nations in this period to adjust the games figures, but that proved more work than necessary, so I just generally change it to no less than 10 times the starting treasury they have been allotted, but for larger nations like France, Britain and Russia they get at least 1 million but no more than 1 million, so the cash isn't totally inexhaustible, trade is till something to work at and balance of both in-comings and outgoings is something to keep an eye on) Spain and Russia have found this the most convenient, Russia has some big ass armies. Spain too, but Spain is dithering about what to do with them, it's proving an interesting campaign though.

I think the winter attrition is just the standard effect of lost men and not the disease effects that you mentioned because the install was from the first post. I did reinstall the "export historic events" feature with the link regarding that, but I didn't see it's effects of disease etc in Winter so I took it out the data folder again before restarting a new campaign (even adding it to the script, though there was no mention of doing so, but either way, neither worked for me). A thing I really wanted to include was the changes you made to the diplomacy "Present state gift" feature, but I couldn't find a link for that.

I'll try the 1812 campaign again one day as France and try a different approach. I've played LME4 for years and know Wellington is causing the crash issue for whatever reason. It's fine to play as Britain and move Wellington about, but playing anyone else and dealing with him has crashed the game. I've experienced that, playing as both France and Spain.

But the battles are still delighting me and I think the mass rout feature you implemented is just a hoot. I have the units set at x1.7 so the units vary between 200 to 750 men, the French Column units being the largest and the French Cavalry reserve just scares the pants of most with 360 men. I just can't get enough of watching these columns of troops march past with the big bass drum and the sound of clanking and hooves clippety clopping. And the large armies means if I wanted them to, the battles could go on for a long time. I've had one siege assault to conduct and found that a real challenge, the defenders with their cannons were murdering me with their accuracy and rate of fire, whilst my cannon were like pin pricks on the walls, so I had to go hands on so to speak. Luckily I had 2 Grenadier Regts to get on the walls so the rest could get in either through the gates or up the ropes. It's brilliant

Hi Sirlion I really liked your Realism core v5 for LME 4.2. thank you very much for such a wonderful mod and your great work, do you wish in the future to release a new version with side effects fixes where possible, or write about a possible way to solve these problems