Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I believe the next expansion should be ahistorical

Default I believe the next expansion should be ahistorical

Instead of doing another focused campaign, I think C.A. should do something they have never done before. An alternate history expansion. I see that some people want Barbarian Invasion II, but I think that they should take it one step further. This would be called "Ultimate Invasion" or something like that. Instead of your typical Visigoths and Huns, alternate threats emerge during the beginning of Rome II's campaign.

Aztecs invade northern Spain (revenge!), Incans invade West Africa, Inuits invade northern Britain, Vikings invade Denmark, Bantu (Africans) invade Ethiopia, Indians invade Persia, and MAYBE the Chinese invading the area near Crimea.

What do you guys think? Would you be okay with C.A. going this direction?

Default Re: I believe the next expansion should be ahistorical

prepare for the Inuits hordes.. good for a mod
    but there are many good expansions possible (real).
    454-480 Western Roman Politics (Article)
    There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. - W. Shakespeare
    We (...) have converted the miracles of science into a chamber of horrors -R. Hull

USA knew how to gain a victory, but not how to use it - F.J. Nepos
    You will be ruled by either a crown, a clown, or a crook, and democracy assures that you won't get the first one.

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

Yes there are, though alternate history is always fun.

To be honest I want to see Mythology in the expansion Centars with bows and arrows, Minotaurs with axes, Imp spearmen I want to take the Romans into battle against these units. No more generic units how many spear uncles, aunts and twins can a game have. This game is already fantasy might as well go all in and get some enjoyment out of it. For those of you that think it will ever revert back it is not and you know it. Fighting mythological armies couldnt hurt.

I wouldnt mind if there was not more pressing matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Butan View Post
    I wouldnt mind if there was not more pressing matters.
    Agreed but CA likes making new units let them make a Mythological unit pack with higher stats now that would be fun and that would definitely sell.

I also want to see a Mythological Total War, we already have the campaign map and a base game to easily add the mythological aspects of Rome/Egypt/Greece and other factions into so it should be pretty easy for CA to do something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shireknight View Post
    I also want to see a Mythological Total War, we already have the campaign map and a base game to easily add the mythological aspects of Rome/Egypt/Greece and other factions into so it should be pretty easy for CA to do something like this.
    I think this could garner a ton of support from the community maybe I will start a thread with the Mythological army I made up.

Default Expansion of Mythology against your favorite faction.

This game is what it is like or not everyone we need something to unite us behind Rome 2. I want to take my faction and fight against an ever expanding force of evil Mythological creatures,in the North of the Rome 2 map we have the Norse with their Valkyries , Trolls , Frost Giants and Wolves. The deserts to the south harbor the Egyptian hordes of scarab beetle infantry with their massive mandibles, scorpion men and spinx calvary. Also from the islands surrounding Greece we have deadly axe weilding Minotaurs deadly centaur archers, and the heavy club weilding cyclops.

This is who I want to fight with my Romans in the next game and I want it to be hard and I wanna watch these hordes destroying my previous enemies on the map. Now this would make for an epic expansion. This game has already passed into fantasy lets just make it fun now.

Leave ideas for new units describing them in this thread I would love to get CAs juices flowing again in regards to Rome 2.

This would give this game immersion which it is lacking I would be worrying about my allies and how to stop these ever expanding forces of evil. {Immersion can hide an awful lota flaws}
    Last edited by RogueLeader; August 18, 2014 at 06:41 PM.

Default Re: Expansion of Mythology against your favorite faction.

Normally I hate RTS games that feature magic and stuff but I really think CA could do an amazing Mythological Total War featuring Gods/Goddesses as well as Mythological beasts.

In keeping with the thread my requested Mythological unit is of course the Anubis warriors from The Mummy Returns

Evan MF's Avatar Vicarius

The game's already ahistorical.

I think this would be pretty easy for CA to do it would change my feeling about this game same map same units just make overpowered mythological units that look awesome. Now you are trying to save the world as your favorite faction.

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

Yes, we need time traveling Aztecs from 1500 years in the future.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Tartleton View Post
    Yes, we need time traveling Aztecs from 1500 years in the future.
    Aztec. Zapotec. Tomato. Tomahto.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Evan MF View Post
    The game's already ahistorical.
    +1 also Warhammer and Arena are coming cool your fantasy jets OP.
    Last edited by Huberto; August 18, 2014 at 08:13 PM.

LordInvictus's Avatar Semisalis
    In California in the USA on Earth in the Solar System in the Milky Way

An Age of Mythology with the graphics and scale of Total War would be amazing.

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries