Thread: A Pike & Shot Mod

Default A Pike & Shot Mod

Hi everyone!

So I'm new here to the TWC forums but I've been playing Med2 for a LONG time now...honestly I think I'm addicted to the mods :-) (battle axe is one of my absolute favorites!)

anyway a little while ago I started down the road towards modding myself and I've begun a comprehensive change to Battleaxe so that it is geared more towards the "Pike and shot" era of warfare. Some changes I have made thus far are:

1- the removal of the secondary weapons for all pikemen type units (makes them WAAAAaay better)
    2- increase in damage for the gun-type weapons (battleaxe firearms are rather weak compared to the archer units)
    3-the addition of the shield-wall formation for firearms (makes them far tighter and able to do things like fight in cities)
    4-an overall increase of artillery effectiveness vs. units (normal one is far too innaccurate.)

Some changes I would like to make:

1- the implementaion of a few "light cavalry" style units by taking out some previously established units. (high charge bonus, fast moving, low-stats)

2- the implementation of a few "dragoon" style units (mounted riflemen style.)

3- Some way to effectively model "pike formation buster" style Zweihander units (and possibly double-handed axemen as well)

4- A way to increase the AI's reliance on pike & shot style units over the traditional units.

5- A way to speed up artillery construction

6- the addition of a lot more firearm styled units (pistoleer inf, grenadiers, ect)

So any help with this would be appreciated! My goal is to make a sort of "Imperial: Total War LITE" that can be used in Med2 and I think that Battleaxe is a fine way to start.
    Thanks for reading and if any of the Battleaxe creators happen to see this: Thanks for the kick@## mod!

Default Re: A Pike & Shot Mod

Light cavalry wouldn't have a good charge.

You can't dismount units in M2.

You can reduce the unit radius of units you want to use against pikes and give them the Aggressive animation.

You can do that through the recruit_priority_offset.

The number of turns it takes to recruit a unit is controlled by the EDU. The number of turns until another one becomes available and how many can be available at once are controlled by the EDB.

You can try 1648 and For King Or Country instead. They're already pike-and-shot mods.