Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fan made screenshots

Maximus183's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Fan made screenshots

Right?! Looked surprisingly sick. Reminded me of the shot of Marcus Aurelius in the beginning of Gladiator.

The Roman legionaries are missing their pteruges?
    Proculus: Divine Caesar, PLEASE! What have I done? Why am I here?
    Caligula: Treason!
    Proculus: Treason? I have always been loyal to you!
    Caligula: [laughs insanely] That IS your treason! You're an honest man, Proculus, which means a bad Roman! Therefore, you are a traitor! Logical, hmm? Ha, ha, ha!

Some shots from Constantine's attack on Delminium, with Licinius himself at the head of the defence.

The man himself grinding it out with the footsoldiers.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Which took its toll...

Licinius oversees the defences.

Constantine and his bodyguards move through the streets.

Licinius coordinates the last, surrounded men of the garrison.

Good pictures mate! i´m with Maxentius, in the middle of the gaul...killing Constantine´s army and the man himself! =) sorry, but i prefer the old gods! jajaja thanks for your edit on textures! i really enjoy it!

How i could post my screenshots?
    Thanks!

Here's some shots and a preview of the new germanic skins. Please bear in mind that these are not final and could very well change.

Good to see your work in progress!

Took this screenshots using Avetis Armenia submod, go check it out!

Epic!

Nakharars are prepearing to enter the city?

Did you change the officers?
    Last edited by Avetis; September 28, 2014 at 08:11 AM.

Yeah I just assigned the Aethiopian officer to all the units and reskinned it to look like the Azats but with swords I think

That's good.
    I' asking because I'm working with officers right now, so soon there will be small update

Ok, that's my screenshot with charging Nakharars:

screenshot

Here's some screenshots of a test battle I did with the semi-finished (still WIP) skins for the Picts:

My mouth literally dropped when I saw that screenshot Maximus, that first one looked like one of CA's promotional screenshots. The WIP is looking great for the Picts but is that helmet a placeholder or did they really use those kind during this time period?

I does seem that it was used to some extent, or at least something similar. Found a lot of interpretations of pictish warriors wearing similar helmets by wargamers and I figured they know their stuff better than me so I went with it, haha. I think it looks alright. What I'm more bothered by is the lack of diversity in the clothing available, especially in terms of colours. The picts had a lot of different patterns on their clothing with a lot of colour combinations you can't really achieve without specific textures in R2.

I don't know why, but I just love maces soooo much

"And I'm not", - screaming one of the enemies

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus183 View Post
    I does seem that it was used to some extent, or at least something similar. Found a lot of interpretations of pictish warriors wearing similar helmets by wargamers and I figured they know their stuff better than me so I went with it, haha. I think it looks alright. What I'm more bothered by is the lack of diversity in the clothing available, especially in terms of colours. The picts had a lot of different patterns on their clothing with a lot of colour combinations you can't really achieve without specific textures in R2.
    The helmets would largely be looted from the Romans, I'd think. I can give you an outline for how I'd personally cast the Picts - sure you've done your research too, of course.

As for patterns of clothing, I assume you mean the kind of tweed dull vegetable dye sort of thing. That'll be fairly easy for me to do if you can help provide references. And honestly I could use the break of simple, straightforward clothing. I swear I was going insane trying to do something so absurdly simple model wise but unbelievably uncompromising.
    Last edited by Ahiga; October 14, 2014 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahiga View Post
    The helmets would largely be looted from the Romans, I'd think. I can give you an outline for how I'd personally cast the Picts - sure you've done your research too, of course.

As for patterns of clothing, I assume you mean the kind of tweed dull vegetable dye sort of thing. That'll be fairly easy for me to do if you can help provide references. And honestly I could use the break of simple, straightforward clothing. I swear I was going insane trying to do something so absurdly simple model wise but unbelievably uncompromising.
    I appreciate any criticism! Hit me. As far as clothing, I'll appreciate any help. Most of the clothing I've found are basic long sleeve tunics reaching down to knee-height with various checkered patterns but also some simple one coloured tunics. A lot of their cloaks also had the same checkered patterns their tunics and such had, similar to the celtic short cloaks of vanilla. A similar check pattern on the chieftain cloak would be one thing I could use.

Here's a bunch of images of what I'm talking about. You can see the common colours are yellow, red, white, blue and green:
    http://praxeology.net/pictish-warrior-cover.PNG
    http://www.grippingbeast.com/photos/pct03.jpg
    http://www.grippingbeast.com/photos/pct04.jpg
    http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/640x360/p011p7q6.jpg
    http://dick-k.narod.ru/Historical_Ar...arriors_02.jpg
    http://www.kriegsturm.com/albums/equ...t_warriors.jpg - this one is a bit off in the timeframe but I think the man on the right is still largely the same as what we're looking for.

If you look at the second image, the man second from the right has some kind of leather over a regular tunic it looks like, so I was thinking that the vanilla double tunic for the celts could be used as a good basis for some kind of retexture if you're up for it Besides that the only thing that could also be used is check patterns on the cut tunics for the CROC chainmails used by foederati etc but it's not as necessary as the other stuff.
    Last edited by Maximus183; October 14, 2014 at 09:22 AM.

I threw in some roman helmets for that looted and improvised look like you said Ahiga. Here's the result:

PunitorMaximus's Avatar TWTEAW Mod Leader

all of this looks so awesome!
    Attila, go home

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus183 View Post
    I threw in some roman helmets for that looted and improvised look like you said Ahiga. Here's the result:

Awesome work!! that´s the redone of Britain tribes?? =)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast