Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should Amazon Total War 9.0 be made with Total War Rome II?

Libertus

Default Should Amazon Total War 9.0 be made with Total War Rome II?

Yesterday I saw a good news: a new DLC of RTW II was named Daughter of Mars and features female warriors. Because it is about the right time frame and have good graphic, I think version 9.0 of ATW should be made with it.
    Amazon: Total War - Campaign tester.

Default Re: Should Amazon Total War 9.0 be made with Total War Rome II?

That is the original premise for the project to move unto Rome II, unfortunately the AI on Rome II is still not close to reasonably realistic.
    Last edited by parthian shot; August 19, 2014 at 01:01 AM.
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

Quote Originally Posted by parthian shot View Post
    That is the original premise for the project to move unto Rome II, unfortunately the AI on Rome II is still not close to reasonably realistic.

Actually after all the patches, the AI is pretty good now. It's at least at the level that the AI was in rome 1, that is to say decent but still can derp now and then.

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I've been playing Rome II a lot lately and from my perspective, the AI is a lot smarter. Always sending light units to harass heavy ones, flanking with cavalry, frequently attempting to flank phalangites instead of facing them head on, suing for peace or submitting to client state/satrapy status when on the losing end of a war, etc..

That said, however, I still think M2TW is a better upgrade platform for modding since it offers almost all of the features of Rome 1 in addition to improved AI, multiple skins per unit, multiple settlement types, and so on. I think Rome II has potential, it just needs to "mature" a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
    I've been playing Rome II a lot lately and from my perspective, the AI is a lot smarter. Always sending light units to harass heavy ones, flanking with cavalry, frequently attempting to flank phalangites instead of facing them head on, suing for peace or submitting to client state/satrapy status when on the losing end of a war, etc..

That said, however, I still think M2TW is a better upgrade platform for modding since it offers almost all of the features of Rome 1 in addition to improved AI, multiple skins per unit, multiple settlement types, and so on. I think Rome II has potential, it just needs to "mature" a little.
    Thank you for the feedback! That is the majority team members' opinion as well.
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

I think you should give a chance to Rome 2. I'm replaying the game since i leave it months ago and somehow the game looks pretty nice now. Furthermore they release that women warriors dlc. Maybe could it make things easier since there are assets?.

In any case either rome 2 or medieval 2 luck with it!.
    Last edited by Mudora; August 27, 2014 at 07:49 PM.

Thank you for the feedback! That is the majority team members' opinion as well.
    They say great minds think alike, so that must mean they also agree Sparta should be an independent faction...

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post

Just want to get some consensus. How much of this critical review video is still true?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXkWfEIALxM

^I wouldn't know honestly, since I don't watch reviews. But if you want to test Rome II out, you could try creating a faction swap mod that takes, say, Pontus and converts it to an Amazon faction?

But still, as much as I do enjoy Rome II, I think Medieval II is the better option at this time since much more can currently be done with it.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

If you're looking to port, then better go with M2TW. If you're looking into creating something entirely new, then Rome II is the best. Except maybe historical research, you can basically forget everything about modding RTW when you want to mod Rome II.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Even with CA's release of DoM for Rome II, we are seeing some AI issues, so I just want to confirm this with the community.

Quote Originally Posted by ^OvO^ View Post
    If you're looking to port, then better go with M2TW. If you're looking into creating something entirely new, then Rome II is the best. Except maybe historical research, you can basically forget everything about modding RTW when you want to mod Rome II.

BTW, our team has invested a substantial amount of time with Rome II, and we know very well of "...forgetting everything about RTW...".

This project team was one of the first who made the announcement to support the mod for Rome II, we didn't give up on technical difficulty of modding, we gave up on the AI.

What was the last decision on this front? I've seen both a Medieval2 and ROme2 announcement thread.

I have been thinking about reinstalling M2 for various reasons.

An update would be appreciated. I hope 9.0 will be on MTW2 instead of RTW2, the latter being a terrible failure of the TW team. And, if I may, another question: where is currently the actual thread for 9.0 WIP? Couldn't fine one anywhere.

The WIP thread was created but somehow got lost over the M2TW WIP forum.

We are hoping to have a working M2TW soon,but had server failures, and now we would like to publish one more 8.0E release before moving onto 9.0.

The WIP thread was created but somehow got lost over the M2TW WIP forum.
    We are hoping to have a working M2TW soon,but had server failures, and now we would like to publish one more 8.0E release before moving onto 9.0.
    Thank you for sharing this. Looking forward to the M2TW version too.

This is good news. Thank you for porting it to M2TW.

How is going the project for M2?. Any exciting updates yet?. Looks promising.

We are still doing another RTW update to make it more consistent with M2TW version.
    Automated testing has been slow because we used to have 4 servers, we now have only one, but things are coming along, just not as fast as we would like to.
    Last edited by parthian shot; February 16, 2015 at 10:43 AM.

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Wait, there is going to be a Medieval 2 version of this mod? Excellent!
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast